So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barst...es-about-as-well-as-expected-at-orlando-mall/
Click to see videos and pictures.

Orlando - After days of waiting in line and camping out in front of stores, the release of the Nike Foamposite Galaxy sneaker at a mall in Orlando was cancelled after police had to break up mass riots and fights that ensued over the limited edition shoe.   Police ordered retailers to halt sales of the Nike Foamposite Galaxy on Thursday before for safety purposes, as a crowd of over 3,000 people started riots outside of Florida Mall in Orlando, resulting in the usage of tear gas by police, according to CBS. Footage of the riots in front of the Foot Locker House of Hoops store in Orlando emerged on YouTube, showing police controlling the giant crowds. Police showed up on horseback on Thursday night about two hours before the midnight release in riot gear and two people were arrested by Orange County police, according to Fox News.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Dis is general, b

eff a sneaker game
word 
laugh.gif

i dont understand Nike's logic behind hyping up a shoe and then making it into limited quantities....the brand self sells, it doesnt need any promotion, its +!%*!+ Nike!...furthermore, the sale numbers from these sneakers that cause so much havok is not making or breaking Nike, all is doing is feeding the cancer of the sneaker game, this ridiculous markup resell numbers, putting peoples lives at risk, you even have toddlers out there on line with their stupid parents....what is the point Nike??...the solution is very simple, when a hot shoe releases, just make it a general release at a premium price, **%% it, i rather pay Nike 400$ for a shoe i really like and want but that it would be easily accesible, those who really wnt the shoe, will drop the money, those that dont and just want to make the task of getting the shoe hell, just so that they can charge you 400$ or more will be %%++ out of luck and perhaps they'll attempt getting a real job.

just feels like Nike is just trolling the %%++ out of its young market...

Originally Posted by ksteezy

i dont understand Nike's logic behind hyping up a shoe and then making it into limited quantities....the brand self sells, it doesnt need any promotion, its +!%*!+ Nike!...furthermore, the sale numbers from these sneakers that cause so much havok is not making or breaking Nike, all is doing is feeding the cancer of the sneaker game, this ridiculous markup resell numbers, putting peoples lives at risk, you even have toddlers out there on line with their stupid parents....what is the point Nike??...the solution is very simple, when a hot shoe releases, just make it a general release at a premium price, **%% it, i rather pay Nike 400$ for a shoe i really like and want but that it would be easily accesible, those who really wnt the shoe, will drop the money, those that dont and just want to make the task of getting the shoe hell, just so that they can charge you 400$ or more will be %%++ out of luck and perhaps they'll attempt getting a real job.

very well said

tired.gif
tired.gif

people need to do better and put that type of determination and dedication into something that will matter...THIS @%%# IS SO PATHETIC!!!

When it became a "game"

+!*$ is hilarious to sit back and watch now.

Haven't really cared for shoes much in the past 5 years. I'll cop a general release here and there and play the outlets but I'm no longer entrenched within the culture. +!*$ just got old to me.

I couldn't fathom actually standing in a line for shoes.

I think the sneaker game ends at different times for different people.
2010 was when it was ruined for me.

On another note:
I saw this at the bottom of the page.
e3yOM.png

I ain't even mad.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

When it became a "game"

Haven't really cared for shoes much in the past 5 years. I'll cop a general release here and there and play the outlets but I'm no longer entrenched within the culture. +!*$ just got old to me.

its far from just standing on line anymore, dudes are ready to lose their lives over this, every one of these hyped up releases is worst than the previous one.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

When it became a "game"

first and only time i camped was for dmps. smooth, nobody skipped in line, no riots

now there seems like theres a riot for every release

heard they was using tear gas on the crowds in Florida or something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aaf703

them shoes is hot garbage, though.

yea, i dont see anything nice about them either.
<but when u put limited on something, ppl will bite

Kids are hungry right now, I don't get it. I just saw some DS DMP's go for over $1600 on Ebay. Might be time for me to give mine up...

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Kids are hungry right now, I don't get it. I just saw some DS DMP's go for over $1600 on Ebay. Might be time for me to give mine up...
If DMP's are going for over $1,600, I'm gonna list my sz 11's ASAP.  That will pretty much cover plane tickets for me and the wife to Europe.  Shoes?  Eurovacation?  pack the bags honey, we are going on vacation.

Im sure they have an exact science as to why they release the numbers they do.They didnt get to where they are at by making not enough shoes. Also you can never have enough PR. They are on CNN right now for this release. Also as you said, the numbers arent making or breaking Nike. People think that Nike are here for the sneaker lovers. They are a heartless business, they could care less about people getting hurt over their product. This is the same company that had numerous horrible sweatshops around the world

but onto the OP, I think Ebay and basicallly the internet is hurting the "game". Having info about new releases is fine, but sites like shoegame and sneakernews shove it down readers throats constantly and it builds the shoe up. Also it makes people outside of the shoe game think that they can actually make a profit off of reselling. When in reality, having a somewhat good paying job, $ 10/hr. makes you the same amount of money you would by camping out 5 days to sell a shoe.

Back
Top Bottom