So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

I don't understand the contempt and disdain for these kids standing in line for these kicks. We all value certain things more than others. Personally, I don't agree with it but I'm sure they disagree with some of the things that I value. Different strokes for different folks.

And Nike makes a volitional choice to relinquish sales figures by limiting a shoe to build brand loyalty and marketing. Nike is a company that understands long term brand impact takes precedence over short term gains.

if you're waiting online and are past the 10th person you mine as well go home. i don't get why the lines are so long and filled with 1000 people when the store is getting 10-15 pairs with the first couple of people buying 2 pairs each.

Originally Posted by Antcyalater

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

I was just talking to my coworker about this. She knows I collect sneakers, and so she asked me about it. I told her that stuff like this is ruining the fun part of collecting sneakers. It used to be fun to get a pair you wanted and be able to wear them and be glad that you have them. Now it's all about the dollar, and it's polluting something that a lot of us hold close to heart. Resellers are the scum of the earth.

It's disgusting, and I am really evaluating how important sneakers are to me.

I passed by Dadeland Mall and looked at all those kids and shook my head...
I can only imagine.

I was just talking to my coworker about this. She knows I collect sneakers, and so she asked me about it. I told her that stuff like this is ruining the fun part of collecting sneakers. It used to be fun to get a pair you wanted and be able to wear them and be glad that you have them. Now it's all about the dollar, and it's polluting something that a lot of us hold close to heart. Resellers are the scum of the earth.

I can only imagine.
was it like this?

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

I don't understand the contempt and disdain for these kids standing in line for these kicks. We all value certain things more than others. Personally, I don't agree with it but I'm sure they disagree with some of the things that I value. Different strokes for different folks.

And Nike makes a volitional choice to relinquish sales figures by limiting a shoe to build brand loyalty and marketing. Nike is a company that understands long term brand impact takes precedence over short term gains.

you make alot of sense with your view on Nike, but how much more brand loyalty they want to build, this company has been around what? 30+ years??...they have different clientele, they approach different age groups, how much bigger can this company get, what about making these releases so limited, causing such havok and making people go crazy over them benefits them so much?....specially when the people actually going through the hassle and acquitring these are not about loyalty, but about flippin them in the reseller's market....

I can only imagine.
They were camping on an overpass that was ACROSS the street from the mall...

buy what u can afford, buy what you like ... it's really that simple

we all came here b/c we love shoes ... well most of us ... as we've goten older or i should say as i have gotten older i'm calmed down on the sneakers

let nike troll ... we gotta be smarter ...

30t6p3b.gif
@ what hyped releases have become ...

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

buy what u can afford, buy what you like ... it's really that simple

we all came here b/c we love shoes ... well most of us ... as we've goten older or i should say as i have gotten older i'm calmed down on the sneakers

let nike troll ... we gotta be smarter ...

30t6p3b.gif
@ what hyped releases have become ...
True...I feel the same way...

Steezy, my post wasn't directed at you. It's just my general thought on how every time a limited shoe comes out that people can't get, the first thing they do is come on NT and cry about "OOOOH, THE GAME IS RUINED!!!"

Yet next month, when Nike has the next limited release, everyone will be going to stores to try and get it. Everyone will be crashing NDC and Eastbay. Nothing will change, more people will just join the mess.

I've been on NT for 10 years now, and these same complaints have been going on for as long as I've been here.

Supreme Highs
Tiffanys
Grape Vs
Pigeons
Heinekens
Carmines
South Beaches
DMPs
Unkles
Guccis
Any limited Lebron/Kobe
Space Jams
Cool Greys
Concords
etc etc etc

The list goes on and on and on. Yet everyone is always back.

If people don't like it, then stop buying Nikes.

I can only imagine.

You're lying...you mean down by US1 near the Metro?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

you make alot of sense with your view on Nike, but how much more brand loyalty they want to build, this company has been around what? 30+ years??...they have different clientele, they approach different age groups, how much bigger can this company get, what about making these releases so limited, causing such havok and making people go crazy over them benefits them so much?....specially when the people actually going through the hassle and acquitring these are not about loyalty, but about flippin them in the reseller's market....
Actually, by it's nature, as a sneaker company, Nike's demographic recycles. With the exception of professional athletes, as people graduate from college and transition into their professional lives, naturally their affinity for sneakers deteriorates, due to their sheer lack of opportunities to wear them. So in a sense, it is a necessity for Nike to never be complacent because the people that value their brand today won't necessarily do so in ten years, so they have an obligation to maintain their brand recognition to recruit tomorrow''s consumer.

tell you the truth retros ended the game.... its like a classic car... how classic and rare is it really if they remake it let alone 4 5 6 times... its funny about 99% of the ppl complaining about retros etc... are like man im made at these kids getting the retro whatever 7th edition when they have the retro limited whatever edition 5th edition.. after about early 2000's the game use to be about getting the latest new shoe and going thru vintageusa, ebay and what not and finding og shoes you may have missed out on etc...

Not oh imma go out and buy the exact same shoe i bought 3 years ago again cause this time they put it out in limited quantities. or released it in 50 million colors and at a much lower cheaper quality and charge me more.

My thoughts. Last night after seeing all the tweets and pictures it disgusted me. I couldnt believe people acted like that. And couldnt believe that based on my geography I didnt have a chance to sneakers(Lebrons to be exact). But than I realized if I would have skipped work, drove how many hours some where else just for a sneaker its not worth. It also helped when I woke up and saw my annual bonus was deposited in my account. I no longer cared. Bottom line, these are shoes not life

Its funny how ya'll are complaining though... the only legit argument is against limited releases IMO...

...but you can't COMPLAIN when you cant buy what you want then blame "hype." Its all fun and games until YOU don't get served. How ironic. 

Its a free market.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Steezy, my post wasn't directed at you. It's just my general thought on how every time a limited shoe comes out that people can't get, the first thing they do is come on NT and cry about "OOOOH, THE GAME IS RUINED!!!"

Yet next month, when Nike has the next limited release, everyone will be going to stores to try and get it. Everyone will be crashing NDC and Eastbay. Nothing will change, more people will just join the mess.

I've been on NT for 10 years now, and these same complaints have been going on for as long as I've been here.

Supreme Highs
Tiffanys
Grape Vs
Pigeons
Heinekens
Carmines
South Beaches
DMPs
Unkles
Guccis
Any limited Lebron/Kobe
Space Jams
Cool Greys
Concords
etc etc etc

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

every big release this same issue comes up, stop your crying.

you have a couple of options

1. Get out there 2 weeks early
B. Over pay
Third. Dont buy them.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Supreme Highs
Tiffanys
Grape Vs
Pigeons
Heinekens
Carmines
South Beaches
DMPs
Unkles
Guccis
Any limited Lebron/Kobe
Space Jams
Cool Greys
Concords
etc etc etc

laugh.gif
 Ah the memories. You forgot one.. the first Quickstrike bullcrap that started this stupid limited trend
These Beauties!  
sick.gif

images

I personally dont have a problem with cats waiting days for there shoes or even it being limited
i just hate how its handled all that fighting and extra $#!^ is never called for at all 

and some of that falls on some of the consumers for not using common sense there is no way in hel it should have been 1000 people in lint to get those shoes when the store probably doesnt have 100 pairs

it happened with me with the concords i went to a store and from the gate the dudes in line were nice enough to tell me that they were spoken for so I left and went to another spot that gave me a better chance I mean damn if you are # 50 in line and they only got 1 pair in each size you should just back the #@$! off and try somewhere else i think i was number 17 in line trying to get a size 11.5 and 7 in kids  as the night progressed that Thursday into Friday morning about 60 more people showed up about midnight I was the last person to cop after me they were sold out but the thing that pissed me off the most is that it was some young cats there since that Tuesday that wanted a size 9 and was not able to get a pair and i was wondering why the hell would the manager come to work 3 days straight and not say $#!@ to those boys about not having that many size 9 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

the managers dont handle it right

the employees dont handle it right

in who ever runs the mall and has the say so but allows that stuff to happen on there premises dont handle it right 

You're lying...you mean down by US1 near the Metro?
Nah...actually right on this small bridge:

I can't imagine how bad Southland and Westland mall must be..

Back
Top Bottom