So when was the sneaker game officially ruined? Vol: Galaxy Foamposite's SMH

galaxy foamposites would've sold JUST LIKE da red ones had they been made in greater numbers...i dunno what nike was thinking about limiting da hottest model right now....

laugh.gif
One auction on eBay going for $70,000
laugh.gif

I'm not even mad that the cosmic slops are getting THIS much attention because I have no interest in them.

What REALLY tripped me the hell out was how the Orlando Flight Ones got that %#%$@*%+ +!$ "limited" stamp slapped on them and pretty much vanished.

These were a @@#*+!! GR sneaker back in the day and now someone (such as myself) has to pay dry,ashy,cracked up AND bleeding no Vaseline prices for a shoe that was a GR?!

Nike has bumped their damn heads for real now.

Y'all only buying one brand is what is killing the game too most folks saying they sneakerheads really nikeheads.The lack of diversity in the market or challenges to Nike is killing the culture/community.

laugh.gif

If these young cats are that ******ed to even consider sacrificing their lives for sneakers, I can't help but laugh...

..I've been around this thing for years, never in my life have seen so much stupidity involving sneakers until now.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

i dont understand Nike's logic behind hyping up a shoe and then making it into limited quantities....the brand self sells, it doesnt need any promotion, its +!%*!+ Nike!...furthermore, the sale numbers from these sneakers that cause so much havok is not making or breaking Nike, all is doing is feeding the cancer of the sneaker game, this ridiculous markup resell numbers, putting peoples lives at risk, you even have toddlers out there on line with their stupid parents....what is the point Nike??...the solution is very simple, when a hot shoe releases, just make it a general release at a premium price, **%% it, i rather pay Nike 400$ for a shoe i really like and want but that it would be easily accesible, those who really wnt the shoe, will drop the money, those that dont and just want to make the task of getting the shoe hell, just so that they can charge you 400$ or more will be %%++ out of luck and perhaps they'll attempt getting a real job.

just feels like Nike is just trolling the %%++ out of its young market...
QFT!!

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Y'all only buying one brand is what is killing the game too most folks saying they sneakerheads really nikeheads.The lack of diversity in the market or challenges to Nike is killing the culture/community.
true, but nike has so many divisions its almost like buying different brands. Ex. janoskis are super different from Jordans, which are different from air maxes which are different from converses( does nike still own converse? idk). So its kinda hard to just say people are buying 1 brand, when that brand offers so much diversity.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

In malls across America...

Nike-Foamposite-Galaxy-Release-Riot.jpg

shoe-riot-florida-mall-0224.jpg

6201218.bin
roll.gif
 Where can you even WEAR those? 

Yo...the sort of dress shoes I could buy with that money? 
eek.gif
... Son...
30t6p3b.gif

CLEAN

I'm going to try to comprehend why the 'shoe game' has changed over the past 5+ years. When MJ was in his prime and for those of us old enough to remember those days, people were getting shot and killed for their shoes. When I got old enough to buy my own shoes was right around the time the retros were coming back. So all of us who couldn't afford the shoes we wanted when we were younger, were now older and could appreciate the significance/price/non-monatary value of these shoes that were part of our personal history. We all remembered how the days of people losing their lives over shoes was a dark time in our society. We all respected eachother as equal 'historians' of the 'game'.

Today, these kids that are now able to purchase these shoes are motivated by the wrong reasons. Some after the shoes for resale purposes only and will 'employ' as many people as possible to get their product. Others are wanting a pair no one else has. They want to stand out in the crowd. Unfortunately, it's going to take incidents like we saw in the early to mid 90's for people to realize that Nike is using the 'limited' tag as a status symbol for kids in our society. A kid can't show up with a GR on his feet these days.

you lose all credibility the minute you call it a "game"
clowns buy shoes off hype not because they actually like them; mad props from dudes...yeahhhhhh 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is the same reason I wear a pair of beat-up vans day-in, day-out now.  I'm cool on being a consumer slave, standing in line for  apiece of exclusivity that isn't going to make my life any better.  A lot of y'all need to reevaluate your lives if you really care about a shoe this much.  No man should ever care that much for a piece of clothing, that ain't masculine b. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

This is the same reason I wear a pair of beat-up vans day-in, day-out now.  I'm cool on being a consumer slave, standing in line for  apiece of exclusivity that isn't going to make my life any better.  A lot of y'all need to reevaluate your lives if you really care about a shoe this much.  No man should ever care that much for a piece of clothing, that ain't masculine b. 

What are you talking about. For thousands of years men have worried about having the best pieces of clothing.

because these clowns don't have lives
in their head they step out thinking they are fly as hell in their Foams when the normal consumer looks at their feet and 
roll.gif
at them

Worst post in the thread award goes to air max penny1. You wearing beaten up vans doesn't make you above anybody .These dudes want the shoes obviously they think they are something worth obtaining .youve been posting on on a sneaker forum for years when you could have been cutting wood,fixing cars etc.that ain't masculine b.

Galaxy foams were all manufacturer defected and instead of getting rid of them since nike knows we're so stupid, they massed produced them
laugh.gif

Nike ruined the game.

The sneaker game sucks.

Hypebeasts ruined the shoe game.

Resellers are killing us true sneakerheads.

blah blah blah
wah wah wah

Go buy Reeboks if you don't like it.

They're sneakers. It's not a game. There are much more important things in life. Most of you will realize that once you get to your 20's.

I was just talking to my coworker about this. She knows I collect sneakers, and so she asked me about it. I told her that stuff like this is ruining the fun part of collecting sneakers. It used to be fun to get a pair you wanted and be able to wear them and be glad that you have them. Now it's all about the dollar, and it's polluting something that a lot of us hold close to heart. Resellers are the scum of the earth.

It's disgusting, and I am really evaluating how important sneakers are to me.

i can guarantee the only dudes with this type of dedication running over each other are doing it with the motivation of flipping them for some ridiculous amount, majority of them dudes dont want them or even like themand those that do a very small percentage will even wear them or get any use out of them, they'll ice them....all logic went out the window
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

i can guarantee the only dudes with this type of dedication running over each other are doing it with the motivation of flipping them for some ridiculous amount, majority of them dudes dont want them or even like themand those that do a very small percentage will even wear them or get any use out of them, they'll ice them....all logic went out the window
laugh.gif
Exactly.  It sucks cause the people that want them to actually wear them (imagine that) won't be able to get their hands on them, because those clown resellers are scooping them up and selling them for an absurd amount.  It's just pathetic...but at the end, you just gotta tell yourself, it's only a sneaker, and really, they are making themselves look like idiots.  You see the news stories about them?  Read the comments...tell me how many are positive.  They are making themselves look like morons, but I'm sure they are too dumb to realize it.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Nike ruined the game.

The sneaker game sucks.

Hypebeasts ruined the shoe game.

Resellers are killing us true sneakerheads.

blah blah blah
wah wah wah

Go buy Reeboks if you don't like it.

They're sneakers. It's not a game. There are much more important things in life. Most of you will realize that once you get to your 20's.

honestly is not even about complaining bro, im almost in my 30's and saw how different things were when it came to getting the shoe, yeah you might have to worry about turning down the wrong corner and getting robbed depending on your neighborhood, but getting them was far from an issue, is honestly just an observation, more so nostalgia....hell the last pair of kicks i bought were some free runs that i love and got for 90$ 
laugh.gif
 i have no problem rocking any other brand as long as i like it, is just sad seeing these kids look like wild animals, with no regards for human life over a shoe or even a profit if you can even call it that.

Originally Posted by Michael Kelso

did you really have to post again? You pretty much said everything in the first post. someone even agreed with you. you just trying to get post count i see.

or you waiting for someone to make fun of you. Here I'll do it. aren't you supposed to be working your 12 hour shift at whatever hospital you work at? How you on NT at 10am?

Sohardcore.jpg

roll.gif
@ brolic scholar

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

I was just talking to my coworker about this. She knows I collect sneakers, and so she asked me about it. I told her that stuff like this is ruining the fun part of collecting sneakers. It used to be fun to get a pair you wanted and be able to wear them and be glad that you have them. Now it's all about the dollar, and it's polluting something that a lot of us hold close to heart. Resellers are the scum of the earth.

It's disgusting, and I am really evaluating how important sneakers are to me.

I passed by Dadeland Mall yesterday while going home from work....
iom93n.gif

Back
Top Bottom