So, who else is fascinated by the Deep Sea?

imagine all the sea life down there that's hasn't evolved down there.

they're literally living fossils....

er- you get what i'm trying to say....

imagine all the sea life down there that's hasn't evolved down there.

they're literally living fossils....

er- you get what i'm trying to say....
Actually...if I can interject

Everything that is alive now, is at its terminal branches of evolution. 

Evolution isn't a ladder, its a tree. 

70hstw.jpg

Lapras is staying at the surface though.

The things down there :x :nthat:

While it'd be cool to see some giant squid and all sorts of mysterious looking fish, my interest is piqued more so by the innumerable, yet undiscovered, microbial species just chillin' on the deep sea floor.

All signs point to these microbes being anaerobic, and likely having the ability to convert certain abiotic materials into useful, life sustaining, energy. If we could somehow get a hold of some of these microbes, culture them, study their genetic, enzymatic, and metabolic pathways, isolate genes of interest, etc, the industrial applications could be limitless and revolutionary.

I was always fascinated by the deep sea. I know it's so many undiscovered creatures down their just chilling. But man it just blow my mind that the ocean is so darn deep.

Idk why but this was just the first thing that came to my mind when i saw these pics. If hell were real you become one of these things. Looking in their eyes and the expression it makes its like you see a tormented and helpless soul.

For those curious about nature, if you guys don't have the Planet Earth Blu-rays, you guys are missing out. Cop on Amazon's UK site for ~$22.
Amazon product ASIN B000SKNIWE

I love Planet Earth. I remember one friday night in college, my boys and I were about to hit a club up and we were lighting a few up in the air and Planet Earth was on the TV. We were so blitzed and so into the show that we forgot to go to the club. :\

can someone translate the 2nd to last description?

w̢͕̘̒̈́ͫ̂ͅh̙̊͛ͨ̀̚ḙ̙̺̣ͧn̢ͭ ̮̂͊ͫͧ͠a͎̩̩͟l͌ͩ̇ͤ͂̈́l̫̰̬̼͔̭ͣ̇̆ͩ̽͌ ̗̠̮̙͙͈͔̃ͨ̏ͫ̋i̲̿ͤͥ͡s̞ͤ̿ͤ͐ͧ ̧̝̪̻̗ͥ͆ͪͯ̏ͧͅlͮo̢̼̦͔̣̬̱͐ͫ̔̏̀ͤ̐s̩̬̯̘͘t͎̃ͫͣ͊̌̕ ̪̱̝̭ͦ͜a̘̻͔̗͔̋nd͓ ̪̠͍̩̥̫͠t̤͈͌͛͐̒̔̐h̥̫̼̖e͎̰̜̤ͪͫ̄ͫ̇̈ͅ ̞̞̭̇ͣ̌͑p̶͉̬ͩi̻̭ͮ̾̋ͫͩ̏͢l̶̹̤͂̓͂̋͗ͅl̝̜̗͚ͤͮ̒̑͒́̔͜a̛̩͔̺ͅr͍̘̜̮͍͕ͭ̿ͬ͊ͫ̈̚͝s̶͈͚̩̯̹̞̅̈͌ ͉̣̱ͬ̈́ͮ̐ͥ͒̉ḧ̓̅ͫ̽̒͞a̹͎̤͇ͧͭ̾̒v̽͆̄ȩ̠͉͕͔͓̂̆̇̾̔ͣ̓ ͚̠̦̆ͫ͊̆ͅf̢͈͛ͫ͗a͇͖͔͎͇ͦ͌́ͬ̆ͅl͖̘̗̩̱̲͛̈́ͥͯl͓̭̹͒͑̎ͥe͏̻̟͖n̂ͭ̕,̴͓̗̖͚͇̠͙ͣͣ͐̇ͮ̎ ͉̋C̬̱̗̒̿͗ͭt̹͕͓̅̊͊ͮh̙͈̱̼̏͑ͤ̚úl͓̩̮̹̮͔̮͌͆̐̐ͨ͊̚h̠̻̠̱̄̇͗ǔ̪̩̯̻͆͊ ̢̜̲͆ͬ̎͑ẉ̠̙͋i̞̘̼͙̐̀̓̅ͧ̓̏ͅl͋́ͨ̆ͧ͌̃͏͔͍̹l͚ͦ ̧͍̖͓r͉͓̟ͦ̓͘ǐ̳͈͍ͮ̊̿͡s̟̰̔̐͑͐͘è̬̙̮͕ͤ̃̄.̆͠

That diagram of the Mariana Trench is dope :smokin

I like how theres a giant squid at the bottom lol...

I still think there's a huge whale out in the ocean that we havent seen yet. The Leviathan is out there, i know it

Real Talk, i dont even go on a boat without having some floaties on, can't swim at all. i stay away from the ocean at all cost

sick.gif
Deep bodies of water are pretty much the only thing that actually scare me

I was snorkeling off a coral reef one time, down by the Florida Keys, and let myself drift out to deeper water just to get a chance to stretch my legs. At this point Im over water deep enough to where your cant see whats under you, its just dark. All of a sudden I feel something push against my side and push me 3-4 feet, and by the time I turned my head to see what the #!@+ it was it was gone. Never been so *+%%#%@ scared in my life, still makes me feel sick when I think of it.

Dude....I was swimming in Galveston about 4 years ago. We swam super far till we couldn't feel the sand beneath our feet and we could stretch our legs. I decided to try and drop down to see how far the sand was. I must have dove at least 10 feet till My ears friggin hurt from the pressure and there was NOTHING. I donno why but all of the sudden I was struck with fear, I felt helpless, I felt like something was gonna eat me alive or we were gonna get sucked into the ocean. Being in the middle of so much water and actually realizing how simple and small I was compared to the Earth oceans startled me. It scared the crap outta me. Again, I don't know why but I was scared shhhhhitless. I don't think ill ever swim that far into the ocean again.

Last edited:
^

I had the same feeling while jet skiing in Miami.

It was crazy. I suddenly felt very small and insignificant. As if I was at the water's mercy.

Freaked me out for a bit until I got closer to the shore. The fear of the unknown is crazy.

A bit off topic, but can you guys imagine what's under the ice of Europa?

I doubt we'll find out during our life time, but just thinking about it is mind blowing enough.

Last edited:
Send that red bull dude who jumped from outer space down to the deepest depths of the ocean.

Back
Top Bottom