So, who else is fascinated by the Deep Sea?

deep sea constantly blows my mind...one reason i stopped getting
pimp.gif

Hell no... I hate deep and open bodies of water. If I can't see the shore and my feet can't touch the bottom of the body of water if I go under, I'm out of there in a second 
sick.gif

I got to live in Saipan with my dad for a summer. We took a deep sea adventure. There was stuff I've never seen or heard of before. It scared the crap out of me being that deep underwater and no light. I am, however, still fascinated by the oceans of the world. Who knows how much stuff is actually down there that we don't know about?

Or maybe I've read Moby **** & 10,000 Leagues too much.

Im scared...

To imagine all the unseen. But ill be back to post something serious later.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

sick.gif
Deep bodies of water are pretty much the only thing that actually scare me

I was snorkeling off a coral reef one time, down by the Florida Keys, and let myself drift out to deeper water just to get a chance to stretch my legs. At this point Im over water deep enough to where your cant see whats under you, its just dark. All of a sudden I feel something push against my side and push me 3-4 feet, and by the time I turned my head to see what the #!@+ it was it was gone. Never been so *+%%#%@ scared in my life, still makes me feel sick when I think of it.

Yo bro... I been in the same situation as you (not quite as crazy as yours though)

But anyway, I was in Hawai'i snorkeling in Hanauma Bay. Anyway, I went out pretty far out into the ocean. I had my goggles on and my head in the water pretty much the whole time.

Anyway, I saw a coral that was BEAUTIFUL, it was so colorful and vivid. Swam towards it to get a closer look... wanted to touch it, so I did.

Next thing I see is these 2 HUGE black eyes that opened up, it was looking straight at me. It was a GODDAMN HUGE OCTOPUS! #!## swam away with the quickness! So did I though!

I'm still a little traumatized too, since then I haven't stepped in the ocean past my waist.
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

hell just the thought of being on a boat in the open sea freaks me out so............yea im not fascinated by the deep sea
ohwell.gif

Space and the deep sea..two of the things we know a fraction about. Our human bodies and human technology can not reach the pressures provided in these areas or we'd instantly die. Our human brains have not developed a successful way to consistently explore these areas...if only we could use all of our brains.
They are also two things that you would think are very far apart..but are the building blocks of all life known to us at this point in time. 

The ingredients in "space" come together to form our cosmic soup, where as water is the foundation for our bodies, Earth and life on Earth.

Imagine what is out there...

imagine what is in the deep sea, let alone what WAS in the deep sea millions of years ago.

So does this void the statement that every living thing needs sunlight to survive? I mean light doesn't penetrate that deep and there are living things down there

So does this void the statement that every living thing needs sunlight to survive? I mean light doesn't penetrate that deep and there are living things down there

anaerobic

The deep sea wont stop me from going on a cruise
laugh.gif

But I wont be swimming in the ocean, thats for sure

The deep sea definitely fascinates me. Coincedentally I saw Piranha (the new one) for the first time last night and seeing an endless world of living organisms flourish beneath where light can penetrate is pretty remarkable.

However, Im scared of huge open spaces so I could never ever be down in the deep ocean as a diver or something, Im sure i'll never get to explore it firsthand....dope to look at pictures and videos tho.

Back
Top Bottom