So who else is sending their child to a private school? VOL. "I value education."

my kids will go to a 20k pre-k. those little booger monsters will be trained at an early age.
but i don't want to make them sheltered, so they will also be part of extra-curricular activities that expose them the environment around them.

my kids will go to a 20k pre-k. those little booger monsters will be trained at an early age.
but i don't want to make them sheltered, so they will also be part of extra-curricular activities that expose them the environment around them.

As an educator, I can say that the friends they have, the habits they have learned, and the values they keep are a lot more important than the school they go to. Paying for private school is more about paying for them to be around students of similar wealth. Even though these students may do coke, make dumb decisions, the majority of them would want to go to college.

In a public school, you have no control over what friends your child makes. If their closest 4 friends are from single parent, low-income families their expectations of what they are meant to achieve will similarly be affected.

Personally, I know this to be the truth. In middle school (6th-7th-8th) grade I had two best friends that were cool guys, played sports, but they were super smart and were pushed very hard in academics by their parents. I similarly adapted and got straight A's, was taking high school classes and studying for the SAT's. Based on where I lived, I had to go to a different high school and we obviously grew apart. I talked with both of them recently, and one of them went to Stanford, the other to MIT and both are investment bankers making 200k+ a year at the moment.

I went to a high school and my 4 closest friends were (and always will be my best friends), but we valued basketball over all else. We took advanced classes, and studied for the SAT, but our priorities were very different. I know they had the greatest impact on my development.

Honestly, gotta let a kid learn and breathe. My suggestion is that private tutoring is worth 100x more than the school. Keep a close eye on your kids and put them in activities where they will make friends with motivated students. Such as NASA science camps, etc etc. If you can afford that sort of stuff it is better to give your child a broad range of activities, and push them academically than just make them go to a private school.

As an educator, I can say that the friends they have, the habits they have learned, and the values they keep are a lot more important than the school they go to. Paying for private school is more about paying for them to be around students of similar wealth. Even though these students may do coke, make dumb decisions, the majority of them would want to go to college.

In a public school, you have no control over what friends your child makes. If their closest 4 friends are from single parent, low-income families their expectations of what they are meant to achieve will similarly be affected.

Personally, I know this to be the truth. In middle school (6th-7th-8th) grade I had two best friends that were cool guys, played sports, but they were super smart and were pushed very hard in academics by their parents. I similarly adapted and got straight A's, was taking high school classes and studying for the SAT's. Based on where I lived, I had to go to a different high school and we obviously grew apart. I talked with both of them recently, and one of them went to Stanford, the other to MIT and both are investment bankers making 200k+ a year at the moment.

I went to a high school and my 4 closest friends were (and always will be my best friends), but we valued basketball over all else. We took advanced classes, and studied for the SAT, but our priorities were very different. I know they had the greatest impact on my development.

Honestly, gotta let a kid learn and breathe. My suggestion is that private tutoring is worth 100x more than the school. Keep a close eye on your kids and put them in activities where they will make friends with motivated students. Such as NASA science camps, etc etc. If you can afford that sort of stuff it is better to give your child a broad range of activities, and push them academically than just make them go to a private school.

I went to public and private school, specifically high school and as far as what I've seen private school is not offering anything more in the education department than public schools.

The same distractions are present in both except private schools somehow fool parents in to thinking they do not exist. A tie and pants uniform just makes you look like a !#@*#@$ when you're doing it.

I went to public and private school, specifically high school and as far as what I've seen private school is not offering anything more in the education department than public schools.

The same distractions are present in both except private schools somehow fool parents in to thinking they do not exist. A tie and pants uniform just makes you look like a !#@*#@$ when you're doing it.

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

[h2]I'm going to be Rich...but my children are going to be hood. [/h2]
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Went to both, imo private was infinitely better. Never really understood why I went to public at all, where I was, most of the students cared about their fashion and which rappers said what more than about knowledge and the material.

Went to both, imo private was infinitely better. Never really understood why I went to public at all, where I was, most of the students cared about their fashion and which rappers said what more than about knowledge and the material.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

judging by this thread most of you will suck at parenting.  good luck
you sir, must be good at everything. I want to read your autobiography when it comes out

you sir, must be good at everything. I want to read your autobiography when it comes out

public schools that I choose in the beginning 
private schooling for his/her college 
ohwell.gif

public schools that I choose in the beginning 
private schooling for his/her college 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RawSheed

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

My daughter's only 3. I'll cross that bridge when I get there
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]That would be an age where I'd start thinking about my child's future, putting money aside (actually from birth I'd to that) etc.. Why wait? [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, I don't even think I want my kid to be educated in this country, seriously considering that option.[/color]
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RawSheed

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

My daughter's only 3. I'll cross that bridge when I get there
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]That would be an age where I'd start thinking about my child's future, putting money aside (actually from birth I'd to that) etc.. Why wait? [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anyway, I don't even think I want my kid to be educated in this country, seriously considering that option.[/color]
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom