SoCal Food/Grub Thread

Meals from the past weeks that I happen to snap pics of lol

Tacos Al Vapor In Lynwood:

Tacos Los 3 Potrillos in East LA:

Five Guys Burgers off Figueroa (there's always A LOT of girls there too lol)

Sushi Cruise in Claremont:

And House of Pies... They always come through. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, whatever. On Vermont right before you get to Los Feliz:

Porto's always is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I wish there was one in SD. Are there any bakeries similar to Porto's down here? :lol:

Portos is good for the pastries and what not, but for actual Cuban food y'all need to head to Tropicana's Bakery down the street.

Their pastries are pretty dope too without the long *** lines.

what pizza spots do yall like in the socal area?

Tried Romano's Chicago Style pizza out in Riverside. DEFINITELY recommend that joint.

I also heard of another deep dish pizza joint in Placentia/Fullerton area called Tony's Pizza. I've yet to try it, but photos on Yelp look REAL serious!

On some everyday, local-type pizza... we have Porky's Pizza. They're specialty is their garlic knots.

I've had porkys pizza down here in MOval; pretty good pizza but prefer other hole in the wall. Can't beat those places with old school arcade games and big screen TVs; man I love pizza places like that

Need some good breakfast spots in the LB coast line areas. Maybe from Sunset Beach up as far as Manhattan Beach? Trying to go somewhere Saturday morning with the GF after the gym, but I can't remember the last time I had breakfast to be honest
laugh.gif
(SRS)

I'm into good egg white scrambles, she's a potato fiend. Not too crazy into the sweets but she is
laugh.gif
Try North End Caffe in Manhattan Beach 

North end caffe, Manhattan beach

C.S.G. Buena Park

Alondras, Montebello

Roscoes, long beach

My delight cupcakes, Ontario

Frysmith truck

Need some good breakfast spots in the LB coast line areas. Maybe from Sunset Beach up as far as Manhattan Beach? Trying to go somewhere Saturday morning with the GF after the gym, but I can't remember the last time I had breakfast to be honest :lol: (SRS)

I'm into good egg white scrambles, she's a potato fiend. Not too crazy into the sweets but she is :lol:
Try North End Caffe in Manhattan Beach 

North End Caffe is terrible... seriously. Dont even bother with it.

for pizza spots, i still like Joe's Pizza in Santa Monica. They just opened up another one in the Century City mall food court, but I have yet to try the CC mall location yet. In my opinion, Joe's is about as close as youre gonna get to a legit NY pie out here in LA. Unfortunately Santa Monica and Century City are too far from my house (pizza gonna get cold by the time I get it home) so I dont get there as much as I like. Locally for me (Playa Vista/Marina Del Rey) I just go to The Slice. Its not other worldly pizza by any means, but its good enough. For the price/convenience factor, it does the job for me. I believe an NTer owns a Slice down in the South Bay somewhere?

For fancy pants pizza, I still like Pizzeria Mozza. I heard 800 Degrees in Westwood is worth checking out but I havent had a chance to get there yet.

in all seriousness, its pretty solid for breakfast. It can get pretty busy during the late breakfast hour. I usually roll through there with my dog and sometimes there can be a little bit of a wait for an outside table. I just didnt want NT blowing up my spot to make the wait any longer. The portions there are pretty big so bring your appetite. You may want to consider hitting the gym before AND after you eat as its not the healthiest grub in the world. I usually get the same atleast one of the same dishes everytime (huevos divorciados). The best part (to me) is the breakfast potatoes. I hate soggy breakfast potatoes. The breakfast potatoes here have a good crunch to it and are well seasoned.

Second best part about this place is the hispanic dude that buses the tables. Dude legitimately seems to enjoy his job. Super friendly, crackin jokes, and is very helpful to get you whatever you need to enjoy your meal.

Last edited:
what pizza spots do yall like in the socal area?
if anyone is ever in oxnard, i recommend toppers pizza place, their bbq pulled pork sandwich is pretty bomb also. and pizza man dans is a good place for pizza as well. they once had crazy food, like gator/spider/ostrich tacos and all this cool weird food but it changed name and management 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Some of the smaller spots that I recommend if you are in the central Los Angeles Area.

El Taurino - salsa roja is fire. hands down the best I've ever had. Torta Cubana is bomb.

Dino's Chicken - that chicken plate. crazy orange sauce

Oki's Dog - Pastrami, chili, cheese, hot dogs, wrapped into a burrito.

Mario's Peruvian - that aji sauce is crack. lomo saltado. pollo saltado.

Tacos Leo's - taco truck on venice & la brea. - dat al pastor.

La Cevicheria - ceviche is good. mariscadas is bomb.

Andre's Italian - spaghetti & meatballs. meat sauce, garlic bread, lasagna. all good.

Original Thai BBQ - S2 all day. bbq spareribs

Frank's Restaurant - Breakfast burritos

Papa Cristos - Greek Food

Pollo A La Brasa - rottisserie chicken.

Zankou Chicken - rottisserie chicken mediterranean style - hummus, pita bread, pickled radish, taboule

Han Bat - they only sell 1 thing. korean beef broth soup.

Milk - dessert spot

Pie hole - pies

I lived in San Diego for a couple years.

Phil's BBQ is definitely worth checking out. I agree with OP - probably one of the best onion rings.

Oscar's Seafood - marlin taco, taco especial, ceviche. best fish taco.

For any one in the Arcadia area, try Jade Orient Express. I was craving Salt and Pepper chicken and was looking for a subsitute to the crunchy wings I have tasted in National City's Golden Chopsticks. This place is really cheapand delicious. Check it out on yelp!!!

One time, my girl and I ordered House Special Wonton soup with noodles, Pan Fried Noodles, Salt and Pepper chicken and pork chops, Garlic eggplant, and another entree that i cannot remember for $35 including tip.

Not too bad.

Also guys, I recommend Boiling Crab. Cajun food :smokin

I go to the one off of Wilshire every know and then. There's a crazy wait time there, that I don't mind too much because there's a bar directly in front of it. Chill spot to watch a game and drink some brews in the meantime...

Back
Top Bottom