** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

now that internazionale have won the fifa club world cup, they're sporting five patches across the chest! coppa italia, scudetto (serie A champs), nike swoosh, club world cup champs, club badge. a little too much clutter for me; i would have moved the domestic patches to the sleeves.

f3e3626b603c4fb41bf79d1f28f4db4c2bb85b34_r.jpg

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

The Cosmos thing happened some time last year. You can buy the jerseys on PDS, Soccer.com, WorldSoccerShop, and a few other sites. My understanding is that they are hoping to eventually make a professional club that would qualify for the MLS. The Cosmos Academy West is already ranked #1 in the U14 division, and one of their U17/U18 players was the US Development Academy Nation Player of the Year. Here's info on the two developmental clubs they've already created:

"The New York Cosmos have created unique and powerful partnerships with BW Gottschee of Queens, NY and Los Angeles Futbol Club to create Cosmos Academy (East) and Cosmos Academy (West) respectively."
The NY Cosmos WILL be an MLS expansion club within the next 5 years. 99.99% chance it happens. Quote me.

The second the Cosmos entity joins the league it takes MLS exposure to an entirely different level, similar to when Beckham joined. It's no secret that Don Garber wants nothing more than a second NYC franchise and it would be asinine for the league to waste such a franchise on any club other than the Cosmos.

The second the Cosmos are ready (aka they finance a stadium) they'll be granted an Major League Soccer license no questions asked.

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

The Cosmos thing happened some time last year. You can buy the jerseys on PDS, Soccer.com, WorldSoccerShop, and a few other sites. My understanding is that they are hoping to eventually make a professional club that would qualify for the MLS. The Cosmos Academy West is already ranked #1 in the U14 division, and one of their U17/U18 players was the US Development Academy Nation Player of the Year. Here's info on the two developmental clubs they've already created:

"The New York Cosmos have created unique and powerful partnerships with BW Gottschee of Queens, NY and Los Angeles Futbol Club to create Cosmos Academy (East) and Cosmos Academy (West) respectively."
The NY Cosmos WILL be an MLS expansion club within the next 5 years. 99.99% chance it happens. Quote me.

The second the Cosmos entity joins the league it takes MLS exposure to an entirely different level, similar to when Beckham joined. It's no secret that Don Garber wants nothing more than a second NYC franchise and it would be asinine for the league to waste such a franchise on any club other than the Cosmos.

The second the Cosmos are ready (aka they finance a stadium) they'll be granted an Major League Soccer license no questions asked.

Yea I definitely don't see any reason why the MLS wouldn't allow them in, but I don't think a stadium will be the problem. They could share the the Red Bulls' stadium in New Jersey if need be, and the state usually helps fund stadiums as well don't they?

I don't think it will have quite the drastic effect that the old Cosmos did though. I'm not sure how many people in the US remember the old Cosmos team, and either way I think non-soccer fans in the US will hear about a new team joining the MLS and shrug it off. They would need to get similar star power to the old Cosmos (i.e. Pelé and Franz Beckenbauer) to really generate an effect.

Yea I definitely don't see any reason why the MLS wouldn't allow them in, but I don't think a stadium will be the problem. They could share the the Red Bulls' stadium in New Jersey if need be, and the state usually helps fund stadiums as well don't they?

I don't think it will have quite the drastic effect that the old Cosmos did though. I'm not sure how many people in the US remember the old Cosmos team, and either way I think non-soccer fans in the US will hear about a new team joining the MLS and shrug it off. They would need to get similar star power to the old Cosmos (i.e. Pelé and Franz Beckenbauer) to really generate an effect.

^^^ the problem is the investors for the new Cosmos have already said they are not willing to pay huge salaries to bring attention to the club. If they are gonna use a feeder system that is all well and good, but they can't legitamately gain popularity when the other NY club goes and buys huge names( granted at the tail end of their careers). They will most assuredly be an MLS club, I have no doubt. But it can't be done without risking the names involved credibility. You think Pele wants his name stamped on a losing trash team. I am sure it will figure itself out but for now I am glad just to see the Cosmos kits available again.

As for the Timbers and Sounders, I admit I like them. looking forward to the 3rd kit for the Sounders. I never even saw them wear it this year. Too loud I guess.

^^^ the problem is the investors for the new Cosmos have already said they are not willing to pay huge salaries to bring attention to the club. If they are gonna use a feeder system that is all well and good, but they can't legitamately gain popularity when the other NY club goes and buys huge names( granted at the tail end of their careers). They will most assuredly be an MLS club, I have no doubt. But it can't be done without risking the names involved credibility. You think Pele wants his name stamped on a losing trash team. I am sure it will figure itself out but for now I am glad just to see the Cosmos kits available again.

As for the Timbers and Sounders, I admit I like them. looking forward to the 3rd kit for the Sounders. I never even saw them wear it this year. Too loud I guess.

Adidas kits are starting to look like they're made off of the same template...They all have the three stripes coming down the shoulder but stopping at the bicep, and many of them have a banded "outline" around this area. And on most of them, the long sleeve version has the stripes resuming at or around the elbow and continuing to the wrist.

I like the look, but I still think they should be a bit more creative.

Adidas kits are starting to look like they're made off of the same template...They all have the three stripes coming down the shoulder but stopping at the bicep, and many of them have a banded "outline" around this area. And on most of them, the long sleeve version has the stripes resuming at or around the elbow and continuing to the wrist.

I like the look, but I still think they should be a bit more creative.

Just about all the MLS kits have been stale but it's really a small price to pay for what Adidas has done/is doing for the league. The stripes are going no where but I agree, the least they could do is change up the template for a team or two.

Just about all the MLS kits have been stale but it's really a small price to pay for what Adidas has done/is doing for the league. The stripes are going no where but I agree, the least they could do is change up the template for a team or two.

Did anyone see the new South Korea jacket that Park Ji-sung was wearing during an interview last weekend?

It was black, gray, white, and mint (I believe). Friggin' sick.

Wish I could find a picture...

Did anyone see the new South Korea jacket that Park Ji-sung was wearing during an interview last weekend?

It was black, gray, white, and mint (I believe). Friggin' sick.

Wish I could find a picture...

Superfly 2s off nikeid? what gives

Some primes in action

Prime_5F00_China1.jpg

Funny how most other boot spotting (Robben) have had adidas players in the leather versions and not the Top of the Line Adizero Prime
It's been proven over and over it seems...players favor touch over weight. 

I have adizero 1 synthetics
embarassed.gif

Superfly 2s off nikeid? what gives

Some primes in action

Prime_5F00_China1.jpg

Funny how most other boot spotting (Robben) have had adidas players in the leather versions and not the Top of the Line Adizero Prime
It's been proven over and over it seems...players favor touch over weight. 

I have adizero 1 synthetics
embarassed.gif

WAIT

FRANCE IS SPONSORED BY NIKE NOW?

anyways...

Barca leak before the sponsorship deal...
Barcelona_1112_nike_leaked_small.jpg

Man U 2012 leak

Manchester_United_1112_nike_leaked_small.jpg

Arsenal 2012 leak

Arsenal_1112_nike_leaked_small(1).jpg

WAIT

FRANCE IS SPONSORED BY NIKE NOW?

anyways...

Barca leak before the sponsorship deal...
Barcelona_1112_nike_leaked_small.jpg

Man U 2012 leak

Manchester_United_1112_nike_leaked_small.jpg

Arsenal 2012 leak

Arsenal_1112_nike_leaked_small(1).jpg

^those shirts look niiiiice! i love/hate the little tweaks they add in just so that you have to buy a new one each season.

here's a couple of pics of a messi press conference sponsored by adidas....
72a368776633408c172a90142c13dd909fbd715a_r.jpg

a19261f60845b1ef9bf253d0b01bb4a6ae91a110_r.jpg

and a mean teaser promo from nike before they unveil the france shirt (they'll show it off 17 jan, it'll be for sale online the day after)....
2d61616d4a189c29df1c2c6a479cf30953f51f20_r.jpg

^those shirts look niiiiice! i love/hate the little tweaks they add in just so that you have to buy a new one each season.

here's a couple of pics of a messi press conference sponsored by adidas....
72a368776633408c172a90142c13dd909fbd715a_r.jpg

a19261f60845b1ef9bf253d0b01bb4a6ae91a110_r.jpg

and a mean teaser promo from nike before they unveil the france shirt (they'll show it off 17 jan, it'll be for sale online the day after)....
2d61616d4a189c29df1c2c6a479cf30953f51f20_r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom