** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

i can't see the pics either - i'd love to see more shots of the warmup gear.

here's copypasta from an online chat with a NDC rep. i'm guessing it's really 2011, not '10....

The home (blue) jersey will hit NikeStore.com on 02/05/10, along with other FFF-themed performance and Nike Sportswear items

any word on the change kit? For the sake of contrast i'd hope it has a good amount of red on it.
That arsenal jacket is beautiful, can't wait til it hits the stores. Hopefully the United jacket is just as good.

any word on the change kit? For the sake of contrast i'd hope it has a good amount of red on it.
That arsenal jacket is beautiful, can't wait til it hits the stores. Hopefully the United jacket is just as good.

United need to bring back the collar. They also need Cantona again too lol, there is a distinct lack of creativity despite the unbeaten record.

United need to bring back the collar. They also need Cantona again too lol, there is a distinct lack of creativity despite the unbeaten record.

New Brazil shirt
nikes got me scratchin my head on this one, why doesnt the bar go completely across the chest?

brazil-11-12-nike-home-football-shirt-leaked-a.jpg

looks like a new cut for the jersey as well, lots of panels for a nike design

New Brazil shirt
nikes got me scratchin my head on this one, why doesnt the bar go completely across the chest?

Originally Posted by riphamilton

somewhat off-topic....

for the longest time, watching footage from training sessions i've noticed that players were wearing what i initially thought were pinnies.... but i figured they were too small to be pinnies (see pics), and thought they might be something to improve posture (like adidas techfit powerweb). then, watching sky sports news this morning, i noticed rio ferdinand in a black training top with a black vest (because it's black on black, i knew that they weren't pinnies). i also noticed writing on the vest - gpsport.

i google the company, and what they do is pretty interesting. the vests have GPS receivers, g-sensors and other electronics built into them. they can collect an impressive amount of data, here's how arsenal uses it....

“This is tracking literally from satellites in space, the training movements on the training field of every player.

“It gives you a lot of information. It tells you not just how far the players are running and how fast they are running and what levels of intense activity they have in training.

“It also measures ­something called ‘the load’ – and this is literally the amount of time a player’s foot is on the ground while he is running.

“You can see if you have a player coming up to a risk of injury in a subsequent game because you can see two things in general: one is that their work-rate comes down in training and secondly their ‘load’ increases. In other words, their foot stays on the ground for longer when they run.

“When you are feeling good and feeling active you are more on your toes. When you’re not, you’re more on your heels. That can help you to predict when players are in a dangerous situation.

When I played at UConn we used sensory devices similar to these in practice and throughout the exhibition games.  They weren't vests but thick bands we wore right under our breast area under our shirts.  It collected some pretty cool data and our trainers used it to monitor who was in shape, who wasn't, how long it took for someone to get fit during a full 2 week preseason, when during matches and practice we fatigued, etc.  You could essentially map out substitution patterns based on fatigue and when players were at their strongest in a match.

Originally Posted by riphamilton

somewhat off-topic....

for the longest time, watching footage from training sessions i've noticed that players were wearing what i initially thought were pinnies.... but i figured they were too small to be pinnies (see pics), and thought they might be something to improve posture (like adidas techfit powerweb). then, watching sky sports news this morning, i noticed rio ferdinand in a black training top with a black vest (because it's black on black, i knew that they weren't pinnies). i also noticed writing on the vest - gpsport.

i google the company, and what they do is pretty interesting. the vests have GPS receivers, g-sensors and other electronics built into them. they can collect an impressive amount of data, here's how arsenal uses it....

“This is tracking literally from satellites in space, the training movements on the training field of every player.

“It gives you a lot of information. It tells you not just how far the players are running and how fast they are running and what levels of intense activity they have in training.

“It also measures ­something called ‘the load’ – and this is literally the amount of time a player’s foot is on the ground while he is running.

“You can see if you have a player coming up to a risk of injury in a subsequent game because you can see two things in general: one is that their work-rate comes down in training and secondly their ‘load’ increases. In other words, their foot stays on the ground for longer when they run.

“When you are feeling good and feeling active you are more on your toes. When you’re not, you’re more on your heels. That can help you to predict when players are in a dangerous situation.

When I played at UConn we used sensory devices similar to these in practice and throughout the exhibition games.  They weren't vests but thick bands we wore right under our breast area under our shirts.  It collected some pretty cool data and our trainers used it to monitor who was in shape, who wasn't, how long it took for someone to get fit during a full 2 week preseason, when during matches and practice we fatigued, etc.  You could essentially map out substitution patterns based on fatigue and when players were at their strongest in a match.

^That's pretty much one of the coolest techs that I've never heard about.

Originally Posted by purplewolves

New Brazil shirt

Yea I saw that the other day. The green bar looks really goofy just floating there like that. I've also heard rumors that the away kit for Brazil will use a color that's more of a teal than a royal blue.

^That's pretty much one of the coolest techs that I've never heard about.

Originally Posted by purplewolves

New Brazil shirt

Yea I saw that the other day. The green bar looks really goofy just floating there like that. I've also heard rumors that the away kit for Brazil will use a color that's more of a teal than a royal blue.

i still need that blk/volt madrid jersey asap.

i copped this one 2months ago. love it
31520ph.jpg

i know i know its a adidas jersey

i still need that blk/volt madrid jersey asap.

i copped this one 2months ago. love it
31520ph.jpg

i know i know its a adidas jersey

funny thing happened in sunderland yesterday.... asamoah gyan scored the opening goal as william gallas (central defender who probably shouldn't be wearing superfly's) was off changing out of the superfly IIs and back into the ancient vapor Vs that he's been wearing forever (i could be wrong in ID'ing the vapors; it's the one nike line i know nothing about). either way you cut it, just more bad publicity for the superfly IIs.

what he's been wearing (from an earlier match)....
dac16a6746159321d270862809b5282749d57095_r.jpg

screencap of the boot change....
f34367c464654e001afb9299230ed67d029720ec_r.jpg

funny thing happened in sunderland yesterday.... asamoah gyan scored the opening goal as william gallas (central defender who probably shouldn't be wearing superfly's) was off changing out of the superfly IIs and back into the ancient vapor Vs that he's been wearing forever (i could be wrong in ID'ing the vapors; it's the one nike line i know nothing about). either way you cut it, just more bad publicity for the superfly IIs.

what he's been wearing (from an earlier match)....
dac16a6746159321d270862809b5282749d57095_r.jpg

screencap of the boot change....
f34367c464654e001afb9299230ed67d029720ec_r.jpg

So was on nikeID and i tried to do a pair of Vapor VI's and it said

Come back May 24th 2011 to ID a pair of Vapor VII's

hmmmmmmmmm

So was on nikeID and i tried to do a pair of Vapor VI's and it said

Come back May 24th 2011 to ID a pair of Vapor VII's

hmmmmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom