* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

Ibra wearing some blacked out boots... It would be a shame if Nike lost him. He's worn every pair of Mercurials since their launch.

Speaking of Ibra, I just got this year's home shirt & third for my kid (for Christmas). I really like these shirts. Can't wait to give them to him.
It looks like he went so far that he taped the swoosh over the socks too. 

Speaking of Ibra, I just got this year's home shirt & third for my kid (for Christmas). I really like these shirts. Can't wait to give them to him.
nerd.gif

Where'd you get this one? 

Where'd you get this one? 

I have yet to find an online retailer stateside that sells boys PSG shirts so I ordered the shirts from their site. This is the second time I've ordered from them & they deliver super fast.

I ordered the shirts on 11/4 & got them yesterday. I set up a profile when I bought my son last year's home shirt & they send me emails & took advantage of a free name set offer. I ordered now to beat the Christmas rush. My son's not getting the shirts until Christmas.

They're currently running a 15% off your order deal using code VICTORY.

http://www.boutiquepsg.fr/en

This campaign's shirts are really nice.

I really went back & forth on what size to get. I kinda wanted to get a lil big so he could have it for a while. He's still wearing youth small in his Nike dri fit tees & hoodies.

I was going to go up to a youth large but when we tried Barca's third shirt from this season at a local footy shop, he was swimming in it & was too long.

Last edited:
Even though it looks like Ibra is leaving the Swoosh, I saw this comment on SB and hoped for the best

"About last sunday and his black tiempo, he was wearing the Tiempo because it's more comfortable coming back from a heel injury and blacked them out not to confuse the audience because he promotes the Mercurial (exclusive contract) It was reveiled by a Nike France representative"

Good post as usual J jc1992 . FootyHeadlines also said the same thing while posting pics of Ibra during training.

Usually, the big brands do not comment on player contracts. After Zlatan Ibrahimović's heel injury, the PSG Striker choose to wear the comfort leather Nike Tiempo Legend V Boots instead of the Nike Mercurial Vapor X Cleats.

View media item 1257161View media item 1257162
I was wondering why he was wearing the Tiempo Legend Vs instead of the Mercurials. I think of Ibra & Ronnie when it comes to footballers wearing the Mercurials.

psk2310, that's a reasonable explanation.  I am hoping that's the case and that he will return wearing a new Vapor colorway when the injury is completed healed. I sort of like it when companies do not comment on player contracts, there is always an element of surprise. I just wish Nike did more player specific colorways like CR7.

One of these days I'm going to my fathers house and raiding his closet. He's got some fire PSG & Marseille stuff from the 90's. Should post it.

Last edited:
I just said how I identified Ibra with the Mercurial & SB posted a great feature on his Mercurial boots over the years. He's worn all 10 iterations of the boot.

The fireberry have been my favorite. I got my son the Veloce version of that at a great clearence price. The teijin synthetic upper is really nice & has been very durable.

Tuesday 11 November 2014 @ 11:17

IF NIKE AND ZLATAN DO GO THEIR SEPARATE WAYS THE SWOOSH WILL BE LOSING A PLAYER WHO HAS WORN ALL TEN GENERATIONS OF THE MERCURIAL VAPOR SERIES.

Not only will Nike wave goodbye to one of the most popular and charismatic footballers on the planet, it will also mark the end of a journey, a journey that goes way back to a fresh faced Zlatan wearing the launch Mercurial Vapor for Ajax in 2003. With Zlatan's Nike future up in the air we've taken a look back at the Vapors he's worn, each boot being a checkpoint in his successful career.

View media item 1257683Mercurial Vapor I - After a brief spell wearing the PUMA King and adidas Predator Zlatan switched into the first generation Vapor playing for Ajax in 2003. Ibra wore the Black/Chilli Red colourway against Celta Vigo in the Champions League before slipping into a blacked out Tiempo whilst he finalised an official deal with Nike.

View media item 1257684Mercurial Vapor II - The launch of the Vapor II coincided with Zlatan signing for Juventus in 2004. Juventus were, and still are, a Nike sponsored club and by this time Ibrahimovic was officially a Nike endorsed athlete. The young Juve striker wore a collection of colourways including the Photo Red drop throughout the Euro 2004 championships in Portugal.

View media item 1257685Mercurial Vapor III - By the time Zlatan had moved across Italy to Inter Milan in 2006 the Mercurial Vapor III had landed. Zlatan wore three generations during his time at Inter scoring 55 goals in 88 games and made a name for himself quickly in his debut league wining season wearing numerous Vapor III colourways including the bright Cactus drop.

View media item 1257686Mercurial Vapor IV - Ibrahimovic laced up in the Sport Red/Gold Vapor IV SL to score both goals against Parma on the final day of the 07/08 Serie A season, securing Inter a second consecutive Scudetto. Ibra wore the lace-covered fourth generation Vapor for two seasons including a limited edition version released for Euro 2008.

View media item 1257687Mercurial Vapor V/Superfly - The first ever Superfly was debuted by Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan when Inter Milan met Man United in the 2008/09 Champions League season. Zlatan played out his final days for Inter wearing the Max Orange/Abyss/Metallic Platinum Mercurial Superfly before Barcelona came knocking.

View media item 1257688Mercurial Vapor VI/Superfly II - Ibra continued his goalscoring form by notching against Real Zaragoza in March 2010, the first game in which he wore the Superfly II for Barcelona. By the turn of the year Zlatan was back in Milan, on-loan with AC wearing the Voltage Cherry/Obsidian/Silver colourway.

View media item 1257690Mercurial Vapor VII/Superfly III - Zlatan went on to score 28 goals in 32 appearances for AC Milan most of which were scoring wearing the Mercurial Superfly III. The Volt/Retro colourway pictured above was one of four paint jobs Ibrahimovic wore during the 2011/12 season before moving into the Vapor VIII.

View media item 1257691Mercurial Vapor VIII - The launch of the Bright Mango Vapor VIII marked the end of the Superfly at the time but Zlatan took some time to get used to the boot after switching back into his Vapor VII's at half time in the first game we wore them. After swapping between the boots Ibra finally settled on them to wear the 'Clash Collection' throughout Euro 2012.

View media item 1257692Mercurial Vapor IX - January 2013 saw Ibra switch into his ninth generation boot, a decade after he appeared in the first ever Mercurial Vapor. Rather than wearing the Sunset version adopted by many of Nike's key athletes Ibrahimovic opted for the Fireberry/Red Plum/Electric colourway, a boot he wore to help win the Ligue 1 title with his new club PSG.

View media item 1257693Mercurial Vapor X - At the beginning of the 2013/14 season Nike tried and failed to convert Ibra into the HyperVenom silo. Ibra switched back into the Vapor IX until the Vapor X was launched in May this year. Rather than sporting the Superfly editions Zlatan slipped into the low-cut Vapor X, his and Nike's tenth generation Mercurial Vapor.

http://www.soccerbible.com/performance/football-boots/2014/11/zlatan-ibrahimovic-vapor-timeline/

he's got merch from both sides of the rivalry?

Yea, he doesn't have a favorite French team (his team is Porto of course) but he lived in France for 15 years and really enjoyed watching the Ligue when he was young. So he bought alot of the kits in the 90's. Think the first year Nike took over PSG he splurged on a bunch of stuff.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with the new venom cr7 pant or the venom french terry?

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/venom-cr7-pants/pid-1536494

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/venom-gx-french-terry-pants/pid-1486960/pgid-1486963

I've been looking for new pants to play in, I've been wearing my tech knit pant to death..anyone have any recommendations?

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/element-thermal-running-pants/pid-773882/pgid-10229609

Was also considering these for colder days, even though its a running pant

Does anyone have any experience with the new venom cr7 pant or the venom french terry?

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/venom-cr7-pants/pid-1536494

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/venom-gx-french-terry-pants/pid-1486960/pgid-1486963

I've been looking for new pants to play in, I've been wearing my tech knit pant to death..anyone have any recommendations?

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/element-thermal-running-pants/pid-773882/pgid-10229609

Was also considering these for colder days, even though its a running pant
I have the french terry, you need help with something?

For the umbro stans...

A relative of a co-worker whose from Liverpool but living stateside just got the home shirt from the team store & said it was made horribly. Very ill fitting (he said the fit of the shoulders is waay off), seams are all off, etc. Looks like things haven't changed since my experience.

absolute rubbish
Criminally missed opportunity. Should've gone with Yankee pinstripes instead of going Man City USA. Didn't MLS just learn their lesson with Chivas? NYC/MLS just left money on the table and I think they just stunted the potential popularity they could've had with these kits and the club. 

mean.gif

^ true but considering how bad their tshirts and other gear I saw were, I thought the kit could've been worse. As some have said, it's just a adidas city kit.

Last edited:

Should've gone with Yankee pinstripes instead of going Man City USA
i have a funny feeling about the away kit. mls teams tend not to look at their 1st choice kits as designated home kits like more traditional clubs do. my local side markets their new kits hard every year, so they wound up playing in their new away kits several times at home this season. i won't be surprised if nycfc marches out of their tunnel for the national anthem in the bronx wearing a white away kit with pinstripes a couple of times next season. this way the co-owners don't have to share a kit.

Back
Top Bottom