* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

i have a funny feeling about the away kit. mls teams tend not to look at their 1st choice kits as designated home kits like more traditional clubs do. my local side markets their new kits hard every year, so they wound up playing in their new away kits several times at home this season. i won't be surprised if nycfc marches out of their tunnel for the national anthem in the bronx wearing a white away kit with pinstripes a couple of times next season. this way the co-owners don't have to share a kit.
If they did try the pinstripes, I think they'd save it for the 3rd kit for mostly the reason you mentioned. A lot of MLS teams do use their 3rd (if available) as both a home or away strip. 

I want to root for NYCFC but the last thing I'm trying to root for is an American version of Manchester City :x

I sent my broken Vapor 8s to Nike Claims just like ice city fc ice city fc suggested. Their response was, since it's been 2 years since the manufacturing date they can't do anything about it. :frown:

I also contacted them about the Tech Squad Pants from last season and they're completely sold out everywhere. |I

In my opinion that colorway of the Hypervenom has been the best one so far. The Neo Lime color comes in a close second, every pro was wearing those last winter.

Is it just me or there is a shortage of official match balls for sale? Or the fact that you can no longer find them under $90? I was on ebay the other day looking for the Nike Incyte and they are all $120 and up. I've bought most of my OMB's from ebay between $70-$80, I got lucky. I need at least 2 more so I can be comfortable lol.

I like the Neo Limes first, the atomic oranges second, & the electro purple/volts third.

Sami Khedira visits with the lads at Nike Academy at St. George's Park England. If you haven't done so before, check out the Nike Football channel on YT. Very robust content.

Last edited:
what is Nike academy BTW? like i know what it is but is it affiliated with any clubs? has anyone of notable come through?

It's the English FA's answer to creating a better youth system to mirror the likes of Spain & Germany. It's sponsored by the Prem & geared towards helping identify top U20 players & get them signed to a club.

No one really notable yet... Their biggest graduate might be MFer Tom Rogic who signed with Celtic.

I sent my broken Vapor 8s to Nike Claims just like @ICE CITY FC suggested. Their response was, since it's been 2 years since the manufacturing date they can't do anything about it.
frown.gif

I also contacted them about the Tech Squad Pants from last season and they're completely sold out everywhere.
tired.gif
Yea man you only get two years. I'm actually about to send back a pair of Vapor 9's this week so I can finally justify getting Superfly's. 
Is it just me or there is a shortage of official match balls for sale? Or the fact that you can no longer find them under $90? I was on ebay the other day looking for the Nike Incyte and they are all $120 and up. I've bought most of my OMB's from ebay between $70-$80, I got lucky. I need at least 2 more so I can be comfortable lol.
You and me both man. I swear Nike dramatically cut production volume starting with the Seitiro. You could routinely find Tracers for $50 - $60 a few years ago. Damn shame around the same time they completely downgraded the Catalyst too used to be a phenomenal ball. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I sent my broken Vapor 8s to Nike Claims just like [@=https://niketalk.com/members/102174"louislagerfeld" url="/t/578768/soccer-futbol-football-feet-kits-and-gear-2014/1950_50#post_21997301"]

You and me both man. I swear Nike dramatically cut production volume starting with the Seitiro. You could routinely find Tracers for $50 - $60 a few years ago. Damn shame around the same time they completely downgraded the Catalyst too used to be a phenomenal ball. :smh:  
Man I kinda want some Superflys, but I already have 3 pair of boots. The sneaker enthusiast in me is starting to come back to bite :lol:

I have 3 Seitiros and 3 Maxims, please excuse the mess lol. The 2 Serie A Seitiros I bought for $53 each, best deal ever :pimp:

View media item 1265284

My dude :pimp:

Just remember what we talked about in that PM convo a year or two back. **** around and before you know it you're riding around with $1500 retail value worth of soccer balls in your trunk. :lol:

Last edited:
^ I still remember, you've taught me a lot. To be honest, I really only want 2 more, maybe 4 so I can have 10 in total. More footballs means more work to put on the training ground. :pimp:

I'm always on the hunt for a good deal, I just seen some Incytes pop up on ebay.

My only gripe is keeping these balls inflated with enough air. I might need to invest in a bigger, stronger air pump.

Some of the older brothers of my son's teammates have/had the Superflys &/or the Magista Obras & said they didn't hold up well at all. Everyone across the board said the shoe lace eyelets broke & 2 of the five kids said the upper tore.

^ I still remember, you've taught me a lot. To be honest, I really only want 2 more, maybe 4 so I can have 10 in total. More footballs means more work to put on the training ground. :pimp:

I'm always on the hunt for a good deal, I just seen some Incytes pop up on ebay.

My only gripe is keeping these balls inflated with enough air. I might need to invest in a bigger, stronger air pump.

That's why I love this place ma we all share and learn from each other.

10 or so balls has always been the right number for me. Too many repeated reps back to back without a few seconds inbetween and my technique always suffers, loose focus, etc.

I rock with this portable compressor pump sold by Amazon. It's lasted me four years with no problems, just plug it into your car and it inflates completely deflated ball in about 5 seconds.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012WHBSO/?tag=niketalk0e-20

Not going to lie, I'm really disappointed to hear about Ibra not moving forward with the Mercurials and the Swoosh. Zlatan has his own type of hardcore following, and wherever he goes, his fans will surely follow. I've been disappointed in Nike as a whole with all the well known names they've been letting go. 

In other PSG related news, I'm really upset there is no more sizes left in the home jersey on Nike.com. I have a friend whose letting me use his Swoosh account to order a few things for my relatives this Christmas, only to find out the one thing I really wanted isn't in stock. Total bummer! Hope they restock before December hits

In other PSG related news, I'm really upset there is no more sizes left in the home jersey on Nike.com. I have a friend whose letting me use his Swoosh account to order a few things for my relatives this Christmas, only to find out the one thing I really wanted isn't in stock. Total bummer! Hope they restock before December hits
Soccer dot com still carries a full deck of PSG jerseys in home and away. All sizes available. Plus their player jerseys carry the Ligue 1 Champ patches. 

http://www.soccer.com/Navigation.process?Ne=645&Srp=48&N=4294960638+458+620+4294958638

Nothing's been confirmed yet about Ibra leaving Nike. I understand if he leaves though... As much as I like him, he's know in the twilight of his career & shouldn't be paid marquee $$$ for endorsements.

I think @ illahj is disappointed because he can't use his friend's Swoosh account to order the shirt.

I got my kid the home & third shirts (for Christmas) complete with Ligue Un & CL/Respect badges from the team's site. Ordered them on 11/4 & they came 11/10 (from France no less).

Yea it looks see through. Kinda like the material on the adizero F50 called SpeedFoil. I would love to try them out :pimp:

Here's the OMB for next year's Copa America

nike-cachana-2015-copa-america-ball%2B(2).jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom