Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2016

Just double checked the app because when I did look this morning I don't remember seeing a "get it now" for the "What The Mercurials" However at the top of the app feed it is now there, maybe NIKE covering their tracks because they messed up initially.

Just double checked the app because when I did look this morning I don't remember seeing a "get it now" for the "What The Mercurials" However at the top of the app feed it is now there, maybe NIKE covering their tracks because they messed up initially.
to clear it up.  they were supposed to drop at 10am est on the soccer app. they didnt go live on the soccer app til about 10:20am

however, they were "live" on nike.com prior to 10am with a 2day countdown.  i chatted with a nike rep around 9:45am and she said that the release had been rescheduled for saturday at 10am

then, out of nowhere, they actually went up for sale around 11:05 est

nike-what-the-mercurial-02.jpg
If you're not a current or former all state soccer player you can not wear a boot this loud w/o looking like a straight clown.

Last edited:
what footy ball you guys like using? looking to purchase a new 1

Once you go official match ball you won't want to play with anything else. Unless you want to front the money for a new model you can usually find last years on eBay or at Nike outlets.

to clear it up.  they were supposed to drop at 10am est on the soccer app. they didnt go live on the soccer app til about 10:20am

however, they were "live" on nike.com prior to 10am with a 2day countdown.  i chatted with a nike rep around 9:45am and she said that the release had been rescheduled for saturday at 10am

then, out of nowhere, they actually went up for sale around 11:05 est

Sounds like they really screwed up, sucks for the people who really wanted them. I would have preferred they retro each model with perhaps updated tech instead of mushing them all together into one boot. If so the 2002 chrome and 2006 yellow/green would have both been had.

Ronaldo posted this on his IG earlier today, wonder what they are :nerd:

View media item 2022082

Last edited:

what footy ball you guys like using? looking to purchase a new 1
Once you go official match ball you won't want to play with anything else. Unless you want to front the money for a new model you can usually find last years on eBay or at Nike outlets.

100% once I got my first match ball there was no turning back. The last one I got was the EPL winter Ordem 3.

in terms of match balls, nike makes the superior ball. no question in my mind.

the only adidas ball i've liked in the past, idk, 15 years is the tango 12. the rest of their balls are built to fly like a cheap playground ball you'd buy at a supermarket for 99 cents - so that it becomes easier for everyone to hit balls that dance. it's a gimmick.

in terms of match balls, nike makes the superior ball. no question in my mind.
the only adidas ball i've liked in the past, idk, 15 years is the tango 12. the rest of their balls are built to fly like a cheap playground ball you'd buy at a supermarket for 99 cents - so that it becomes easier for everyone to hit balls that dance. it's a gimmick.

I agree, I've only owned two match balls but even my 4-5 year old Nike model plays better than my Brazuca

To follow up on what I posted yesterday, looks like we are definitely getting something else, most likely an ID since that's what the box Ronaldo posted yesterday said. Looking forward to seeing what it is.
View media item 2022650

Last edited:
To follow up on what I posted yesterday, looks like we are definitely getting something else, most likely an ID since that's what the box Ronaldo posted yesterday said. Looking forward to seeing what it is.
 Rerelease or this pattern in one of the new vapor models?

Ronaldo is getting my hopes up with the pics he is posting. If they re-release or are an option on ID I will be very happy

I would guess the Nike Soccer App.

I agree, I've only owned two match balls but even my 4-5 year old Nike model plays better than my Brazuca

I will disagree. I've played a lot with ordem 2 and 3, and also with adidas champions league and euro balls. The last ordem I had I sent back 3 weeks later because the paneling started ripping (this was the ordem 3, on turf 1-2x a week for games only). It's a great ball but quality is just ok. I much prefer the adidas balls - champs league is probably my favorite but I really like the euro/mls balls too, they feel amazing, striking the ball is unreal and the touch is great

Last edited:
Nike needs to stop teasing and let R9 show us what's in those boxes
From the app this morning
I have a feeling they will be air max mercurials box looks a little big
View media item 2023578

Last edited:
I have a few champions league match balls and two MLS Adidas match balls from a couple years ago.

The champions league match balls are great, right up there with the Tracer and it's successors for me. I find them a little softer to the touch than Nike match balls which I don't mind.

Don't particularly like the MLS balls. The version I have is pretty unresponsive.

Last edited:
Superflys fit narrow ish. I am an 11 in roshe's a 10.5 in jordans and my superflys double socked are a 10.5. I have narrow feet and i don't think i could do a 10. My vapor 8s are a 10.5 my vapor 3s were an 11 i think.

If i can make these on ID with an AG plate and they are some what accessable. I will cop the black and blue and wear them into the ground :lol:

Superflys fit narrow ish. I am an 11 in roshe's a 10.5 in jordans and my superflys double socked are a 10.5. I have narrow feet and i don't think i could do a 10. My vapor 8s are a 10.5 my vapor 3s were an 11 i think.

If i can make these on ID with an AG plate and they are some what accessable. I will cop the black and blue and wear them into the ground :lol:

Thanks, I honestly don't remember which one I wore last all I know is that they're purple and still somewhere in my closet. I made the switch to tiempos and swore to never go back but anything R9 will tempt me (see screen name). I wish they'd release these options for an indoor shoe, would save me a lot of money, but like you said lets see the range of options and the availability as well.

Thanks, I honestly don't remember which one I wore last all I know is that they're purple and still somewhere in my closet. I made the switch to tiempos and swore to never go back but anything R9 will tempt me (see screen name). I wish they'd release these options for an indoor shoe, would save me a lot of money, but like you said lets see the range of options and the availability as well.

Yeah i love making all these claims like gonna def cop, putting money aside now can't wait.....and then they sell out in 2.5 mins and im like whelp!! I had mentally already bought them and scored a brace in my first game wearing :lol:

Back
Top Bottom