SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Anyone know where I can get AG Tiempo Legends here in the US? Just recently noticed that ProDirectSoccer will only ship their boots now within EU and UK and the US version of the site does not have the same inventory. I'm rocking the 6's right now and am probably due for an upgrade soon.

Both of these grind me. Unisport also changed their export policy during Q4 2021 and will not permit export of (any) Nike goods to the USA--including AG boots as to our exchange here. It's insane that the biggest sportswear companies appear to be deliberately excluding the most appropriate product from the market where it's needed most (USA and its overabundance of artificial pitches). I can't see how they're not creating a liability for themselves by only marketing FG cleats to an AG-predominant nation.

RN, the only option is striking gold at worldsoccershop; Adidas or Puma AG cleats through Unisport; or deliberately downgrading to TF shoes (which are admittedly widely available here at multiple retailers).

Something may have recently changed again with Unisport. I just got these in today. Was kind of holding my breath since kangaroo leather is banned in California and U.S. retailers like Nike wont even ship here. AG sole plate is a must for me. Was trying out the GT2 and Vapor 14 for the last few weeks to see if I wanted to ID an AG pair but I was pretty disappointed and sent them back.

$234 USD shipped and arrived in 4 days from Unisport, $15 cheaper than NDC. Night and day difference in comfort just walking around compared to the GT2 and current Vapors. It's crazy how consistently solid the Tiempo line has been over the years.

ED57709B-0CC0-42F5-8C2C-E95004EF9D56.jpeg

Last edited:
Something may have recently changed again with Unisport. I just got these in today. Was kind of holding my breath since kangaroo leather is banned in California and U.S. retailers like Nike wont even ship here. AG sole plate is a must for me. Was trying out the GT2 and Vapor 14 for the last few weeks to see if I wanted to ID an AG pair but I was pretty disappointed and sent them back.

$234 USD shipped and arrived in 4 days from Unisport, $15 cheaper than NDC. Night and day difference in comfort just walking around compared to the GT2 and current Vapors. It's crazy how consistently solid the Tiempo line has been over the years.

Spoke with them recently as well and they said just order it and I'm fine. Was looking at the same exact pair haha!

New mercurials

Very intriguing. So nike going to go back to the Flyknit upper? and add a zoom bag?

Never played in the previous boots with zoom i think i was like 12 when nike had them air zoom total 90s if i remember. Not entirely sure if they had a zoom bag or not to be honest just assumed they did because of the name. Either way i loved the superfly 7. But ive mentioned before...in the heat on AG pitches the knit realllly stretched out and made the fit sloppy. They fixed that with the superfly 8 with the more ridgid upper. The touch isn't the same as the 7s but i do like my 8s. Will probably be in for a pair of 9s at some point

Nike-Air-Zoom-Total-90-1-2.JPG

If it’s a Flyknit upper I’m 100% copping. Don’t know how much you’ll actually feel the Zoom bag but it can’t hurt.

My turf vapor 14’s have a zoom bag in them now and i barely feel it

Aaand they dont have 12's in any of the Tiempo's.

If it’s a Flyknit upper I’m 100% copping. Don’t know how much you’ll actually feel the Zoom bag but it can’t hurt.

My turf vapor 14’s have a zoom bag in them now and i barely feel it

Only report that has me thinking twice is it's no longer going to go w/ the inset, anatomical sole plate. The big game changer in outright comfort and wearability between Vapor 10 moving forward through 11-14 has been the fact your foot sits down into the soleplate, as opposed to up on it. With the insertion of the Air Zoom bag, my understanding is they're moving away from an anatomical soleplate and you'll instead be sitting on the air bag, with another layer to prevent the airbag popping, thereby feeling more like a Vapor 8-10 or so.

I think a degree of lockdown / responsiveness will be eliminated with a flyknit upper and your foot not setting deep down in something contoured to fit as if your foot was in a bowl, or indentation. If you're up on a flat surface, by nature your foot will move around more in the boot (hence, why older Superflys needed Flywire or other lockdown elements to provide additional lockdown aspects).

Don't know what to expect at all w/ the Vapor 15. Excited to see though. Based on those blackouts prototypes a few posts up, there could be some unseen structure elements in there.

Unfortunately it looks like it’s not a FlyKnit upper, just the collar part.

“While sprinting and cutting at high speeds, it’s important that the footballer feels secure in the boot. The Vaporposite+ upper was further refined to provide a lockdown fit through a data driven designed speed cage providing optimal support of the foot in areas where footballers need it most,” says Collin Eder, Senior Director of Global Football Footwear at Nike.

Last edited:
1655914586121.png

I gotta say that's pretty good looking. Soleplate detail looks incredible

Design is super cool i honestly think they would look better without the toe swoosh.

I hope the upper is slightly softer then the previous vapor. I sadly agree some what with making a plastic / synthetic upper having better lock down and structure. But the touch on the full flyknit pairs was definitely superior. Def have concerns with sitting on an air unit. Not sure how thin they can make it to not compromise lockdown.

Nike better not do something stupid and make this colourway limited! Got my vouchers ready!

Unisport only seem to have the vapor! Signed up at prodirecf and Nike. Hopefully both launch at different time

Back
Top Bottom