SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Brought out the Phantom 3’s tonight
D118E498-7B42-435F-A2D8-52815B067171.jpeg

Had my car sitting outside a relatives house on the street for most of the last year in my home city. Was basically using the whip as storage for a bunch of coaching gear kept in the trunk.

I touch down and come home. Went out and put my beloved Nike Phantom VSN Elite in the trunk as I'm unpacking. Second night, low lifes went in my ****.

Took my damn cleats smh and all my bags. Ironically the only things they left behind were actually the most valuable. Took pens, pencils, moisturizer etc from the center console, but left behind 12 Merlin match balls, a mini hydraulic air pump, and a double sided custom glass whiteboard I personally designed.

My beloved Nike Phantom VSN Elite gone though. I loved that boot so much. The exact opposite of the distracted boyfriend meme. In 4 years I never once looked at another *****. :smh:

So much so, I don't even know whats going on these days. Anybody have any experience with the Phantom GT2? I can't tell if it's a successor to the VSN or if they just co-opted the name?

Seems the only way to get hands on a Nike AG sole plate is to go the customization route? I also see Nike has abandoned the "Nike ID" product branding. :lol:

I needed to vent more than anything but yea, now I need cleats. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Had my car sitting outside a relatives house on the street for most of the last year in my home city. Was basically using the whip as storage for a bunch of coaching gear kept in the trunk.

I touch down and come home. Went out and put my beloved Nike Phantom VSN Elite in the trunk as I'm unpacking. Second night, low lifes went in my ****.

Took my damn cleats smh and all my bags. Ironically the only things they left behind were actually the most valuable. Took pens, pencils, moisturizer etc from the center console, but left behind 12 Merlin match balls, a mini hydraulic air pump, and a double sided custom glass whiteboard I personally designed.

My beloved Nike Phantom VSN Elite gone though. I loved that boot so much. The exact opposite of the distracted boyfriend meme. In 4 years I never once looked at another *****. :smh:

So much so, I don't even know whats going on these days. Anybody have any experience with the Phantom GT2? I can't tell if it's a successor to the VSN or if they just co-opted the name?

Seems the only way to get hands on a Nike AG sole plate is to go the customization route? I also see Nike has abandoned the "Nike ID" product branding. :lol:

I needed to vent more than anything but yea, now I need cleats. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
Yeah the Phantom GT is supposed to be the successor

Rumors are that it will be phased out and replaced later this year

Sorry to hear that bro, that sucks.

I wore the GT for a little bit but ended up selling them on eBay. They tore up my heels on every wear.

If you haven’t tried em yet, I’d recommend the Vapor 13 if Flyknit is your thing. Best boot I’ve ever worn and they won’t be too expensive now

You can still find Venoms on EBay or other resellers. Currently there’s no true “replacement” for what it offered, though the Phantom GT silo is its descendant. Would recommend looking at a Mizuno Rebula 3, or maybe a Predator Freak on ebay as well for something with a similar weight and feel.

Vapor 13 Elite on the cheap is also a fantastic option as AZwildcats AZwildcats indicates.

Anyone know where I can get AG Tiempo Legends here in the US? Just recently noticed that ProDirectSoccer will only ship their boots now within EU and UK and the US version of the site does not have the same inventory. I'm rocking the 6's right now and am probably due for an upgrade soon.

Anyone know where I can get AG Tiempo Legends here in the US? Just recently noticed that ProDirectSoccer will only ship their boots now within EU and UK and the US version of the site does not have the same inventory. I'm rocking the 6's right now and am probably due for an upgrade soon.

I sadly have to buy all of my AG boots at Unisport. It still baffles me that nike us doesnt' carry AG boots or any other US based soccer retailer for that matter when AG pitches are everywhere in this country now.

I sadly have to buy all of my AG boots at Unisport. It still baffles me that nike us doesnt' carry AG boots or any other US based soccer retailer for that matter when AG pitches are everywhere in this country now.

Both of these grind me. Unisport also changed their export policy during Q4 2021 and will not permit export of (any) Nike goods to the USA--including AG boots as to our exchange here. It's insane that the biggest sportswear companies appear to be deliberately excluding the most appropriate product from the market where it's needed most (USA and its overabundance of artificial pitches). I can't see how they're not creating a liability for themselves by only marketing FG cleats to an AG-predominant nation.

RN, the only option is striking gold at worldsoccershop; Adidas or Puma AG cleats through Unisport; or deliberately downgrading to TF shoes (which are admittedly widely available here at multiple retailers).

Thanks boys that is super unfortunate. Only option would be NikeID then and they don't even offer Tiempo Legend anymore. I have people in EU so I will just have to ship to them and then have them ship to me. What a hassle, but I agree with everything. An abundance of AG pitches and no proper boots.

Wait when did prosoccerdirect UK stop shipping to US?? That's where I would get my Mizunos. Thankfully, there hasn't been anything I want for a while now.

In other news, Nike smashing it out of the park with the new Womens' Euro 2020 kit lineup:

Of course, just how available these may be in the USA is questionable :smh:

Back
Top Bottom