SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

I honestly feel like nike should market the AG-Pro outsole as a "hybrid". If you play mostly on AG but some times on Firm Ground...these are the only boot you need. I can only assume the AG boots don't sell that much because i always feel like they are basically pumped out by nike as an afterthought every year....hence not ever being on NDC US

Completely agree, I know we touched on it before but doesn't make sense given the majority of fields in the US are AG. I've moved towards only using AG boots now regardless, or a boot with only conical studs.

Anyone used gel insoles? I play pickup with older guys and this guy pushing 50 said it makes a huge difference with comfort on his copa mundials

Where did you get them from? I need all the help I can get after 3 ACL's and 7 knee procedures.

From a local shop, but this is the brand's online store:

They do a lot of specialty inserts, as well as generals. These are their "CleatPro" line for football, lacrosse, etc. Run a wide selection of sizes, as well as arch/support shapes, but it's all pretty self explanatory.

From a local shop, but this is the brand's online store:

They do a lot of specialty inserts, as well as generals. These are their "CleatPro" line for football, lacrosse, etc. Run a wide selection of sizes, as well as arch/support shapes, but it's all pretty self explanatory.

Thanks, gonna look into it!

Just arrived from FedEx.

Feel great on feet initially, gonna run some pick up tonight.

CBF4C0E1-A7CB-4B4F-9B76-36C057EC7C46.jpeg

Been rocking the future zs on ag and fg cause I can't bother copping two pairs for each surface.

Been itching to try tiempo legend 9s and that tempted me in the past to cop a second pair for AG.
Heard the new mercs more accommodating for wide and flat feet like mine, can anyone with new mercs confirm fit?

Been rocking the future zs on ag and fg cause I can't bother copping two pairs for each surface.

Been itching to try tiempo legend 9s and that tempted me in the past to cop a second pair for AG.
Heard the new mercs more accommodating for wide and flat feet like mine, can anyone with new mercs confirm fit?

Can confirm. More accommodating of wide feet than previous iterations. More volume through the midfoot.

I was skeptical of the Air Zoom technology but it's the truth, you feel it right away.

Comfort out the box on the Vapor 15 actually reminds me of the CTR 360 Maestri Elite more than anything else. Feels like you're running on clouds.

I haven't worn Vapors in over a decade so I can't compare size or feel compared to past iterations but I'm really happy with these.

I was skeptical of the Air Zoom technology but it's the truth, you feel it right away.

Comfort out the box on the Vapor 15 actually reminds me of the CTR 360 Maestri Elite more than anything else. Feels like you're running on clouds.

I haven't worn Vapors in over a decade so I can't compare size or feel compared to past iterations but I'm really happy with these.

do they fit like other nike boots though?

I am basically a 10.5 in all my nike boots and figure these will be the same despite some people saying they are ever so slightly smaller. 10.5 in magista's, Hypervenom's, vapor/superfly

ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF

What size are you keeping or only one of those are yours?

It may be me but 10.5 absolutely crushed my foot. It did ease a bit but didnt feel comfortable enough to keep. I think its because of the change in material but will check once i get a uk 11

do they fit like other nike boots though?

I am basically a 10.5 in all my nike boots and figure these will be the same despite some people saying they are ever so slightly smaller. 10.5 in magista's, Hypervenom's, vapor/superfly

ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF

What size are you keeping or only one of those are yours?

It may be me but 10.5 absolutely crushed my foot. It did ease a bit but didnt feel comfortable enough to keep. I think its because of the change in material but will check once i get a uk 11

So I’ve always squeezed into a 9.5 but they were a immediately a nonstarter. The new material provides no give at all across the toe box.

10 fit like a glove, they definitely run smaller. I’ve had each of the Vapor 14, GT 2, and Tiempo 9 in hand recently.

I should have gone with the 10 in the Tiempo but would have went with the 9.5 in the other two because they were crazy long and narrow.

romulus romulus I ordered the AG from Unisport last night so I should have them next week.

I've played once and trained in the Vapor15 twice. I like them a lot.

On the ball and on-foot feel goes back much more towards the Vapor13 (which I still believe to be the best performance boot ever). The heel is much thicker underfoot though, and the studs are longer, which gives it a unique feel (maybe to compensate for the zoom airbag up front).

They're comfortable right out of the box and feel good underfoot. I agree w/ SR4U Josh that there's a slight "running shoe" sensation to them while moving around the pitch.

For some reason though, I've experienced a bit of cramp in them at least twice. The heel feels just a bit different too. Hard to quantify or describe.

Big negative though is that I've already got the upper pulling away from the soleplate (a la old leather boots, like a tiempo legend 3 or a pair of copas), which is odd. I know that's a common thing, and doesn't affect performance, and maybe even is a necessary part of the soleplate properly flexing to accomodate the airbag, but I don't like it on a $250 pair of new cleats.

EDIT: TBF, there's no way for me to tell whether this soleplate/upper separation is common or just my pair, so take that for what it's worth.

Agreed with the Vapor 13 comp, these feel much more like those vs the 14’s. I still prefer the 13’s and will be wearing those until they fall apart, but these are really good

Also sizing wise, they are the exact same length as my 13’s. Definitely true to size for me, I didn’t have the same experience as hutchie hutchie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom