SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Looks like they are following adidas and abandoning one piece uppers for stand alone tongues as they should

next-gen-nike-mercurial-vapor-16.jpg

This top right image looks like the upper may be a knit of some kind. Boy we gonna get gripknit vapors?!?! And in other shots you can see Lewa's toe through the top which again makes me think they will be a knit upper

I loved my superfly 7s which were flyknit. But I had them in AG and when they heated up they got very very sloppy. I need a thicker knit that holds shape a little better. That coating they put on the superfly 7 started to peel off and did very little to maintain structure.

Adidas going to be killing it with all the relaunch colorways available for the pred. The Champaign color, the japan blues, the electrics.

That being said hopefully one of those colorways gets an AG plate.

Adidas going to be killing it with all the relaunch colorways available for the pred. The Champaign color, the japan blues, the electrics.

That being said hopefully one of those colorways gets an AG plate.

The regular AG or the 2G/3G? I was just about to get that 2G/3G and they ran out of my size smh. Tempted to try the regular AG with the almost conical studs.

The regular AG or the 2G/3G? I was just about to get that 2G/3G and they ran out of my size smh. Tempted to try the regular AG with the almost conical studs.

I honestly can't see myself going for the 2g/3G because of the weight. I know its petty. And that soleplate is prob the best for the turf i play on. But can't go from a superfly or GX to something that heavy. But i am with you on the regular AG plate. I am intrigued but not sure how safe it really would be. But would like a pair to play with even if i just have my regular Nike AG boots in my bag if the turf is bad and i need something less likely to get stuck in.

I honestly can't see myself going for the 2g/3G because of the weight. I know its petty. And that soleplate is prob the best for the turf i play on. But can't go from a superfly or GX to something that heavy. But i am with you on the regular AG plate. I am intrigued but not sure how safe it really would be. But would like a pair to play with even if i just have my regular Nike AG boots in my bag if the turf is bad and i need something less likely to get stuck in.

Wish I could try both to be honest. I know the weight won't bother me much. The AG predator has the same amount of studs as the Vapor 15 I believe so stud pressure, balance or whatever should probably be around the same. Would be curious to compare the stud length., and the studs aren't blades and are damn near conical. I might give them a try. Only thing I really liked about the 2G/3G was the extra protection on the toe area which I assume help deter separation.

Got quad tendonitis on my left knee. Hoping it gets better in time for my league that starts late April

Bro, same. Not even sure how to deal with it. Think I have been overdoing it by playing 3x/week at almost 36. And although I warmup properly, I haven't been in the gym in over a year. Gotta slow down a bit. Just been living in my Normatec the past week.

Bro, same. Not even sure how to deal with it. Think I have been overdoing it by playing 3x/week at almost 36. And although I warmup properly, I haven't been in the gym in over a year. Gotta slow down a bit. Just been living in my Normatec the past week.
Mans got that 💰 :lol:

I was playing twice a week. Stopped last week so it can heal. Got invited by a friend last night to play indoor. Hadn't seen him in a while so I went. Ended up reaggravating it :smh:

Per Sole Retriever:

Nike to become official supplier of the German Football Association

1711139664332.png

In a landmark shift in the landscape of sports sponsorships, Nike Inc. is set to replace adidas as the official kit supplier for the German Football Association (DFB) from 2027 until 2034. This monumental partnership marks the end of an era for adidas, which has been intricately linked with the German national teams for over seventy years, providing kits and gear in a partnership deeply rooted in national pride and sporting excellence.

The transition to Nike as the new kit supplier signifies more than just a change of brand on the jerseys of one of the world’s most celebrated football teams; it represents a significant shift in the dynamics of sports sponsorships and the business of football. For adidas, headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, this loss is felt keenly, not only because of the historical ties but also amid current financial challenges faced by the company, including the significant impact of losing the adidas Yeezy line.

The DFB’s decision to partner with Nike resulted from a "transparent and non-discriminatory tender procedure," where Nike's proposal was deemed superior financially and in terms of vision for the future of German football. According to Dr. Holger Blask, Managing Director of DFB GmbH & Co. KG, Nike’s commitment extends beyond mere financial sponsorship to encompass support for amateur and grassroots sports and a clear dedication to the sustainable development of women’s football in Germany.

DFB president Bernd Neuendorf expressed enthusiasm for future collaboration, emphasizing the opportunity this partnership will provide for the comprehensive development of football across Germany in the upcoming decade. Despite the new direction, Neuendorf assured that the DFB remains committed to celebrating and concluding its longstanding partnership with adidas on a high note, recognizing the brand’s monumental contribution to German football.

The financial stability Nike promises comes at a crucial time for the DFB. Stephan Grunwald, DFB treasurer, highlighted the importance of this stability, not just for the federation but for the sport in Germany as a whole. The DFB, representing 7.3 million members, stands unique in its financial model, supporting its members rather than being financed by them. This approach has been instrumental in maintaining football as an accessible national sport, and Nike’s involvement is expected to bolster these efforts further.

As the DFB looks forward to this new chapter with Nike, the change underscores the evolving nature of sports sponsorships and the global football landscape. For adidas, this transition poses a challenge and an opportunity to redefine its presence and partnerships in the world of sports. Meanwhile, Nike’s upcoming tenure as the official kit supplier for the German national teams promises not only to dress future generations of players but also to play a pivotal role in the development and support of football at all levels across Germany.

Got quad tendonitis on my left knee. Hoping it gets better in time for my league that starts late April

Don't let up on the weight training; it will save your knees after 35.

Also look at KneesOverToesGuy on IG and his associated content. I've done backwards walking for the last 3 years and have had significantly fewer knee niggles and pains, despite playing 2-3x week during season.

A lot of my gym work has shifted from hypertrophy to prehab, injury prevention and speed/power work recently.

For years my main goal was aesthetics, but now the focus is longevity and somewhat ironically, full circle back to performance.

KneesOverToesGuy, Adonis Harrison and Garage Strength are probably my favorite resources.

Also look at KneesOverToesGuy on IG and his associated content. I've done backwards walking for the last 3 years and have had significantly fewer knee niggles and pains, despite playing 2-3x week during season.

I know man, after my last injury, which was an ACL (3rd time, 2nd on right knee, MCL, LCL, & Meniscus) I spent three years in PT/gym trying to recover only to face hurdle after hurdle. About 3/4 through my first year of recovery I started to feel the affects of what would end up being slight arthritis in pivotal parts of my knee structure. Really busted my *** in there and did everything I could to get better, most of this during the beginning stages of the Covid-19 pandemic. I would say for the most part I am way past what I ever thought I would be again but I was mentally and emotionally drained from it all along with other things that happened in my personal life and took what I thought would be a "slight break" from the gym in December of 2022. I haven't been back since...I know I need to get back in there and KneesOverToesGuy has definitely been on my radar. Will look at those other guys too ICE CITY CF ICE CITY CF

Not at that age yet but what weight training are you doing?

Back
Top Bottom