Soccer Players Are the Best Athletes In Sports vol. No Contest

You sounded like you needed clarification with that stupid statement.

You compared an entire sport to a league.

Every level, era and individual league of those sports have different levels of allowable contact.

You tried to make an incendiary statement that wasn't even in line with the other posts and you got called out on it...deal with it.

Who would you rather try to get position on or run through...Kendrick Perkins/Big Baby/Blake Griffin or Samuel Eto'o? 
roll.gif

Lets cut this foolishness out now. Off the wall athletes like these get lost in the sauce in the NBA...

imgCorey%20Maggette2.jpg

jason_richardson_pictures_01.jpg

Originally Posted by NooEra

Lol I agree the NBA is type soft but it's still more physical than a damn soccer game
laugh.gif

Men 6'8 and up 300+ lbs throwing elbows and bodies in the paint isnt a physical activity? Oh okay. Andrew Bynum dropping J.J. Barea in the playoffs this year was more physical than anything I've ever seen in a soccer game.
laugh.gif
people get elbowed JUST as often if not more in soccer. dude's butt heads with each other every other minute in soccer. there's just as much tussling and jockeying for position in soccer. slide tackling. and more of the contact is legal in soccer than basketball.

i think the size difference in the players makes it easy to think basketball is more physical...but it's big guys v big guys in bball, and small v small in soccer. and when i think about the freak injuries ive seen in both sports, the soccer injuries are just
sick.gif

semi-related to this thread:
ocho cinco actually recently tweeted this, not sure if it was a NTer that asked the question:
Futbol shape trumps any other sport but boxing RT @JJfromtheSIPP: @ochocinco what's worst? Trying to get in football shape or soccer shape?

obviously that's just on conditioning, which doesn't mean best athlete, but interesting while we're having this discussion.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

You sounded like you needed clarification with that stupid statement.

You compared an entire sport to a league.

Every level, era and individual league of those sports have different levels of allowable contact.

You tried to make an incendiary statement that wasn't even in line with the other posts and you got called out on it...deal with it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

a discussion of "best athletes in the world" doesn't refer to your street ball league or honduran soccer league...we're talking about top levels of competition. thought it'd be obvious. i'll spell it out in crayon for you next time and list out all the professional soccer leagues, my bad

Let's start naming some of the best athletes to ever play soccer.... and see how they compare to Jim Brown, OJ Simpson, Bo Jackson, TO, Deion Sanders, LeBron James, Micheal Jordan etc.

Soccer and Hockey are skill games, while athleticism is nice to have it's not necessary to becoming a great player. 

Lol I agree the NBA is type soft but it's still more physical than a damn soccer game
laugh.gif

Men 6'8 and up 300+ lbs throwing elbows and bodies in the paint isnt a physical activity? Oh okay. Andrew Bynum dropping J.J. Barea in the playoffs this year was more physical than anything I've ever seen in a soccer game.
laugh.gif

notsureifsrs

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

notsureifsrs

Lols plenty of dudes in the NBA weigh in at 300+ ...

Competitive soccer is just as physical as competitive basketball. People who are unaware of how rough soccer is are ignorant to the sport.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Soccer and Hockey are skill games, while athleticism is nice to have it's not necessary to becoming a great player. 
False. Acting like soccer and hockey is the same as playing darts or something....The top soccer and hockey players in the world are great athletes.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

False. Acting like soccer and hockey is the same as playing darts or something....The top soccer and hockey players in the world are great athletes.
It goes without saying that there is athletic baseline you have to meet to be able to play any professional sport, but the athletic baseline in basketball, footbal, boxing are significantly higher than hockey or soccer.

Originally Posted by Rocky437

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Boxers may be the most conditioned but Football is filled with the most genetic and physical freaks.

Soccer and Basketball players are well conditioned as well but not as explosive and powerful as a Football player.

I also think NFL players have the combination of speed, power and strength. Boxers too. In the NBA theres little physical contact and soccer players only got speed or conditioning.  
NFL and Boxing I would say

Theres plenty of physical contact in the NBA .

It's the NFL if we're talking major sports. Fastest biggest and strongest. Soccer? Not even close. Those dudes are athletes but soccer is closer to ballet than anything.
actually, ive meet a few professional wideouts who play in the nfl and some have taken ballet classes to improve their balancing 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

notsureifsrs

Like?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

It goes without saying that there is athletic baseline you have to meet to be able to play any professional sport, but the athletic baseline in basketball, footbal, boxing are significantly higher than hockey or soccer.
being an athletic freak isnt a necessity in boxing...

Considering soccer only involves half the body, I cant consider soccer players to be the best athletes.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

notsureifsrs

Like?

It's hard to get a good list of player's weights because they're usually not accurate.

Just use common sense. Shaq weighs damn near 400 pounds. Big Baby Davis probably weighs 300+ . Yao Ming 300+. Yes i know Shaq and Yao Just retired. LeBron James is close to 300 lbs. Dwight Howard is probably up there. A dude like Iglauskas probably weighs about 3 bills. These are some large men . 300 lbs really isnt that big when you're dealing with men damn near 7 feet tall. In comparison the avg professional soccer players probably clocks in at about 180lbs.

Back
Top Bottom