Socially Awkward (Borderline Autistic) Kids In Class Appreciation/Unappreciation

I would have had to excuse myself from class after that
roll.gif

I had one of these people in my class one semester.

They wouldn't shut up and always made weird references that no one understood.

Wish I could remember a story to tell.

Edit: Asperger syndrome is what they suffered from.

This would have been EPIC to witness...I would have had to leave just to laugh in the hallway.
laugh.gif

Kid is awesome.

I'm sure the class appreciates him.

He is an asset to the school and it's reputation.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

So there's this dude in one of my engineering classes who looks like the son from "Hung" mixed with the son from "Breaking Bad" (that's the best description I could think of). The dude either has some kind of social disorder, or he grew up in a bubble. There have been numerous occasions in class where he doesn't agree with what the teacher says, and he'll just start blurting out things like "that's stupid, your making a fool of yourself". Of course, this brings the lecture to an awkward halt, but the teacher just shrugs him off or gives him the stink eye.

Fast forward to this morning. We're learning about this property of some @*#*$%*%, details aren't necessary. Anyway, the formula for this property is  (Rho*V*D)/Mu, which looks a lot like (R*V*D)/U. So my foreign teacher says something like "Yeah and then you calculate this property from R V D all over U", and the kid STANDS UP and goes "RVD ALL OVA YOUUUUU! FIVE STAR FROG SPLASSSHHHHH!".

I think only me and a couple other people in class even understood the reference, because thats how many people laughed (if only for a second). After the shocked chuckles leveled off, there was what seemed like 30 seconds of just silence. The teacher finally goes "hey _______, please stay after class", and goes back with his lecture.

That %@%% made my day.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i woulda lost it     

should have pointed your thumbs to your head and chanted R V D!!!  

woulda been my exact response
pimp.gif

i woulda started yelling "YEAAAAAAAAH!" while doing the 'thumbs' deal repeatedly.

i had a girl in a criminal justice class once that would randomly ask people "what kinda drawers you got on?" then notate it in some tattered legal pad. the professor (female) got offended after being asked halfway through the semester (for the first time) about her drawers. she lost it... she went HOOD on this poor girl, yelling "YOU IN COLLEGE, WHY YOU WANNA KNOW ABOUT DRAWS? YOU TRYIN' TO LEARN, NOT WORRY ABOUT FOLKS DRAWS. YOU GOT ME MESSED UP IF YOU THINK I'M GONNA ANSWER YOU." about 20 seconds later she pulls down her skirt about 3 inches and yells "HANES HER WAY. THERE. NOW YOU SEEN MY DRAWS. ARE YOU HAPPY?!?"

i lost it.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Start blowing a whistle and jumping around him like Bill Alfonso 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

So there's this dude in one of my engineering classes who looks like the son from "Hung" mixed with the son from "Breaking Bad" (that's the best description I could think of). The dude either has some kind of social disorder, or he grew up in a bubble. There have been numerous occasions in class where he doesn't agree with what the teacher says, and he'll just start blurting out things like "that's stupid, your making a fool of yourself". Of course, this brings the lecture to an awkward halt, but the teacher just shrugs him off or gives him the stink eye.

Fast forward to this morning. We're learning about this property of some @*#*$%*%, details aren't necessary. Anyway, the formula for this property is  (Rho*V*D)/Mu, which looks a lot like (R*V*D)/U. So my foreign teacher says something like "Yeah and then you calculate this property from R V D all over U", and the kid STANDS UP and goes "RVD ALL OVA YOUUUUU! FIVE STAR FROG SPLASSSHHHHH!".

I think only me and a couple other people in class even understood the reference, because thats how many people laughed (if only for a second). After the shocked chuckles leveled off, there was what seemed like 30 seconds of just silence. The teacher finally goes "hey _______, please stay after class", and goes back with his lecture.

That %@%% made my day.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

just busted out laughing in the library.. whatever happened to rvd anyways?

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

As I read the story, this is all I could think about. Real tears are being had in class right now

Originally Posted by Space DooDoo Pistols

i woulda started yelling "YEAAAAAAAAH!" while doing the 'thumbs' deal repeatedly.

i had a girl in a criminal justice class once that would randomly ask people "what kinda drawers you got on?" then notate it in some tattered legal pad. the professor (female) got offended after being asked halfway through the semester (for the first time) about her drawers. she lost it... she went HOOD on this poor girl, yelling "YOU IN COLLEGE, WHY YOU WANNA KNOW ABOUT DRAWS? YOU TRYIN' TO LEARN, NOT WORRY ABOUT FOLKS DRAWS. YOU GOT ME MESSED UP IF YOU THINK I'M GONNA ANSWER YOU." about 20 seconds later she pulls down her skirt about 3 inches and yells "HANES HER WAY. THERE. NOW YOU SEEN MY DRAWS. ARE YOU HAPPY?!?"

i lost it.

laugh.gif
  Especially if the chick wrote it down in her notebook.
doesnt exist...some people are just %*#++# douches

That's the kind of thing someone with Aspergers would say.

I had my fair share of funny moments in the college classroom but honestly because I was a non traditional student and a little older, most of the silly stuff that would have the youngsters laughing would just piss me off.  I was trying to get the lecture and get up out of there. 

man, im really against labeling people as a first option

yes, it sounds like aspergers, but its more likely hes just a dickhead.

we had a kid who is "diagnosed" as "boarderline aspergers"

which just means there is an excuse for his inappropriate behavior.

the story goes

one day i reprimanded him for playing in line (picking a kid up, etc)

he was very defiant.

i handled him.

his teacher comes up like "oh, he has asperger's"

im like "it makes him ask me why he has to stand on a wall?"

"yes"

"oh"

i shrugged it off. if he has aspergers he wouldnt be picking his friends up, in fact, he'd be afraid to touch them......

far too often kids get labeled then have concessions made for them under the assumption that the labeling was even correct.

how about that kid never plays in line anymore?

how about that kid listens to any and everything i tell him now?

oh, but he has aspergers...

smh.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Awman I would have lost my +#*% in that classroom 
roll.gif

I wish +#*% like that happened in my class from time to time. 

i dont even use this word but you completely missed out on the epicness of rhat moment OP...i would of scream laughed

Back
Top Bottom