Socially awkward moments. Volume 2

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

DajonDondo wrote:
- when u walk into a party that u dont kno any single person in there and everyone looking at you like %$! who this.
this is by far the worse. you just sit on the couch next to the other random people who barely know people

what the hell meet new people and introduce yourself.

loserssss

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by Meangene4

I hate when this happens
eek.gif
COMMUNITY FTW
laugh.gif
moment though.

when this happens i'm like "what the hell was that that was unacceptable" and then i make them properly re-five me

Oh yeah! And when you get somewhere before all your friends andyou're sitting alone at a table for like 8 looking  like the biggesttool. And then if your friends are running late the waitresses pity youbc they think you're being stood up.
laugh.gif
Happens to me too sometimes at my college's food court area...I'll have my food before my friends do and find a table, and I'll be there all by myself waiting for them to come. It's not really awkward but just a little bit weird. One time I had to stand up to scratch my back and two women came over and said they thought I was leaving
laugh.gif

when you and the girl that you used to have something going on with have the same damn friends..

things get mad wierd and akward..

has anyone ever got the..

"whatsup ______(insert name) -them
"Good how are you"- me
" *confused look*-them

Edit*
I deliver pizza and this has happened a few times
"Total is 15.32, please"-Me
"here you go, keep the change"-them
"Thanks, have a good night"-Me

But its like 1 in the afternoon
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by el cuco

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

I had a job interview at sears and it was probably the worst interview in the history of interviews
laugh.gif

FIRST...

before he takes me into the office to interview me he asks me for my social security number and I said " hold on let me get it out of my wallet because I don't know it off the top of my back..."
smh.gif
laugh.gif
what I meant to say what "I don't know it off the top of my head" but I was real nervous and messed up

SECOND....

he takes me to the room to interview me and he says just take a seat because he has to go get something, so I sit down thinking about how stupid I am for what I just did, then he comes back and he is just looking around puzzled and then BAM! it hit me....I WAS SITTING AT HIS COMPUTER DESK AND IN HIS CHAIR
eek.gif
smh.gif
then I realized I just +#***! up again and then moved to the other chair across from his desk.

I was like
embarassed.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif
for the rest of the interview cuz I +#***! up so badly.

laugh.gif
Did you end up getting the job ?
nope
tired.gif
, didn't really expect to after all that happened though
laugh.gif

this thread is full of lulz

how about when you're talking to someone and they ask you a question but you don't hear it... you start nodding your head and agreeing with them, while they stare at you like 
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Back in highscool in our biology lab we had these desk that fit two people.
Anyways I feel alseep one day after I was done with my test. & I had one of those dreams were I was falling. < you know how those go, anyways I made loud noise upon waking up from near death. & the whole class is just looking at me. I did the best thing I could do at that moment, which was go back to sleep.

Originally Posted by JUS3

this thread is full of lulz

how about when you're talking to someone and they ask you a question but you don't hear it... you start nodding your head and agreeing with them, while they stare at you like 
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

How about when they ask you something, but you don't hear it, and you say "What?" and they say it again, and you say what ONE more time, and you STILL don't hear them and you just start nodding your head and making a face like
happy.gif
smile.gif

I think 2 times is the limit for saying what, after the third time im just gonna nod my head with the ill grin
happy.gif

but yea this thread has fulfilled my lulz

ok so i started my new job 3 weeks ago and since then they havent found a place for me to sit... so in the meantime i was sitting in the vice presidents desk because he was on a business trip... well today he came back unexpectedly and im sitting at his desk chillin... he was mad cool about it but it was mad awkward
smh.gif
... i was like my bad this is embarrasing and got up and sat at the directors desk for now
laugh.gif
... this is so ghetto
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Anyways I feel alseep one day after I was done with my test. & I had one of those dreams were I was falling. < you know how those go, anyways I made loud noise upon waking up from near death. & the whole class is just looking at me. I did the best thing I could do at that moment, which was go back to sleep.
falling asleep in class is the worst...
roll.gif

in HS, we'd sleep all the time and it was fine. the teachers didnt usually care, and when they did say something you'd just laugh it off . but in college, being in a lecture hall of 100+ students and getting called out for sleeping is one of the most embarassing things i've experienced.

i remember freshman year, i fell asleep in an Econ lecture and while i was sleeping the professor left his podium in the front of the room
eek.gif
and walked ALL the way over to where i was sitting, like 6 rows up.. i suddenly snapped my head up and tried to act like i was awake (at this point everyone in the class was watching me, so they saw my awkward jerking motion
roll.gif
tired.gif
) then i saw the teacher standing over me... and he goes "and what happens, ladies and gentlemen, when your body demands sleep and you do not supply it? you fall asleep 20 minutes into my lecture." at that point EVERYBODY in the lecture hall started laughing(and this is like over 100 kids, so you can imagine). and there was still an hour left so i had to sit through the rest of the lecture like this
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
and i ran out with my head down as soon as lecture ended
roll.gif
ohwell.gif

there were a ton of cute girls in that class too.. i remember thinking in my head "yeah INS any chicks in this class now
tired.gif
smh.gif
"

I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread, but i find it most awkward when you don't remember someone and the dude/female comes up to you all friendly; forcing you to ask generic questions because you can't remember this person.
I find this especially awkward, because the other person knows alot about you and you got nothing
smh.gif

How bout when there is a group of 6 to 10 girls that are all friends in which you have kissed, smashed, or dated between 2 to 4 of them and you're now dating another one so when you hang out with all of them at the same time it is mad akward.

I went to a movie once, and payed with a gift card.

After that the girl gave my card back and said something like "Ok there is four dollars left to be paid".

I just heard the first few words or something and put together that she had told me something like "Ok there is four dollars left on the gift card".

So I responded back very enthusiastically, "AWESOME" and just stood there while she looked at me waiting to give her some form of payment and I waited for my tickets, until I finally realized I still owed her money.

She did not seem amused.

Airport ticket checker: here's your ticket, have a nice flight
Me: thanks, you too

I do this everytime, even when I purposefully tell myself not to do it, I just forget.

what about working with certain people, they call you by your name..

Hey _______ (insert name)

you be like heeeyyyyyyy, _______ (damn i forgot your name in your head), how you doing..

walk away like damn they know my name but i dont know thiers lol

we've discussed the awkwardness of daps a lot but how ab the awkwardness produced by the cheek kiss.

when you chill with some of ur boys who are cool with a group of girls that u dont know too well. they all go in for the kiss on the cheek and ur there like do i go for the hug, kiss, or wave cuz i don't really kno these girls, but by not goin for the kiss u already feel like the outcast.

also i'm an afghan muslim and we kiss on the cheek when greeting someone, but sometimes when meeting family friends/distant relatives u dont kno to go for the kiss or handshake. i once kissed a distant relative that was about my moms age one the cheek that was wearin a hijab and then my mom goes "no ur not supposed to kiss her shes really religious." im like *** WARN me about this %%!# before it happens. so now whenever i see someone in a hijab i never go for the kiss and i live with the results.

another awkward thing when going for the kiss with distant relatives/family friends is that i don't really kiss females that are like in my age group on the cheek, but then sometimes u get that female whos a little older than ur age group but still relatively young.

Originally Posted by jplikejayz

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

DajonDondo wrote:

when u walk into a party that u dont kno any single person in there and everyone looking at you like %$! who this.
this is by far the worse. you just sit on the couch next to the other random people who barely know people
like this

15137_216093890782_514040782_4567414_6245769_n.jpg

i was meating someone though.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by And I Love It

I went to a movie once, and payed with a gift card.

After that the girl gave my card back and said something like "Ok there is four dollars left to be paid".

I just heard the first few words or something and put together that she had told me something like "Ok there is four dollars left on the gift card".

So I responded back very enthusiastically, "AWESOME" and just stood there while she looked at me waiting to give her some form of payment and I waited for my tickets, until I finally realized I still owed her money.

She did not seem amused.

laugh.gif
hilarious

roll.gif
during history once were were watching a video and i was doing that thing where i fall asleep for like 20 seconds then jerk up my head to stay awake. My feet were on the desk infront of me and i suddenly woke up from one of those falling dreams and extended my legs quickly and pushed the girl's desk ahead of me two feet
roll.gif
. It made a loud $*% noise and the teacher and every other student just stared and me and i tried to play it off by saying "keep your eyes on the movie, shes gonna test us on this"

my feet were on the basket part of the desk infront of me
istockphoto_6220456-school-desk.jpg

lol  
keep your eyes on the movie, shes gonna test us on this"

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom