Solepedia.com ---> Should I sell it??

Some of you guys may have heard of this site.. it is an online sneaker encyclopedia.

Well, I have really not had any time to do much with it in terms of updating it, and have recently gotten some offers. 5000 dollars range.

Right now the visits and ad revenue have dropped off a lot because of my lack of contribution.

What do some of you guys think? Has potential to make money.. not worth selling.. sell it. Let me know.
glasses.gif

Thanks

Originally Posted by And I Love It

Some of you guys may have heard of this site.. it is an online sneaker encyclopedia.

Well, I have really not had any time to do much with it in terms of updating it, and have recently gotten some offers. 5000 dollars range.

Right now the visits and ad revenue have dropped off a lot because of my lack of contribution.

What do some of you guys think? Has potential to make money.. not worth selling.. sell it. Let me know.
glasses.gif

Thanks

If you have lost interest and don't have time for it, i would definitely suggest taking the money and running
laugh.gif

Real talk though, thats five stacks in exchange for just letting someone else have the opportunity to take over your investment.

So I say yes, sell it

If you're getting $5k offers, that means someone else plans on making that money back plus more. Don't sell it. Yet. Put some work into it, and see howfar you can take it..then sell it for more than 5. Obviously its possible to make a lot of money with sneaker sites if NT is giving 10 stacks to charity fromad revenue alone. Come on man, I know you bought the name and started the website for a reason. Time to finish up strong.

Originally Posted by kiid23

can you sell only half and make money on what else they do?
Think they are both going after the whole thing. But yeah, it's tough. If I knew ad placement and stuff very good I bet it could have donecrazy. At one point I had 21,401 page loads and 5,948 unique visits a day, and around that much every day.

Keep that. Put some work into it, it's a good site.......missing ALOOOTTT of shoes tho that has ALOOOOT of potential

Thanks for the comments. Anyone have any good ideas to get Solepedia.com back on the market?

If I get NT's backing and helpfulness I'll definitely contribute to the charity that NT is.

Anyone on here know ad placement well. What I need now is a way to add articles but I have no where near the time...

Originally Posted by KTaylor

sell half and become part owner so u still make $$
this is a great idea.
otherwise
sell it IF you know what you'll do with the 5k
keep it IF you're plan to do something worthwhile with it

It's really up to where you're in, in your life right now. If you're not really into the shoe hobby anymore...I'd sell it and move on. If youthink you will have time to work on the site, then keep it.

I'm not sure if the shoe game will become more popular, my guess right now is that it plateaued off so the amount of money offered should not befluctuating too much.

I just went to that site for the first time just now, and its pretty dope. I even bookmarked it
laugh.gif
. You should make it your side project and update it/makeit better.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

I would say reformat the site. Give it some flash, and make it more appealing to the eye.
I hate when people say this... !%+ is flash going to do?
most people surf from mobile phones anyway, flash is a waste of time and/or $.
if anything put ads up for a while and gauge how much you make.
might be enough to hire someone to do updates if you dont have the time. then you might think the 5k offer is peanuts... or worth it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom