SoleStop

Solestop is a disgusting excuse for a small business.  They sell in a tiny store in Pacific Mall but also sell online.  Those online orders are shipped from the same location but since the online price and ebay price are marked up almost 50% they will say they don't have it in stock .  The owner is a sorry excuse for a business "man".  Would never recommend this store to anyone.  They are money hungry idiots and the salespeople are useless.  Do yourself a favour shop around --not worth buying stuff here.

Solestop is a disgusting excuse for a small business.  They sell in a tiny store in Pacific Mall but also sell online.  Those online orders are shipped from the same location but since the online price and ebay price are marked up almost 50% they will say they don't have it in stock .  The owner is a sorry excuse for a business "man".  Would never recommend this store to anyone.  They are money hungry idiots and the salespeople are useless.  Do yourself a favour shop around --not worth buying stuff here.

I'm no fan of Solestop and I've found them to be quite expensive even way back in the day (10+ years ago). However you have to keep in mind both eBay's and PayPal's exorbitant fees plus the fact that he's selling in USD so currency conversions are taking place. This almost necessitates the price difference. There's a new location at the cinema in Markham (Birchmount & Enterprise) but I guess it'll be more of the same there.

I think the real issue here is the fact that our 'local' stores are selling to US customers who end up getting a better deal these days due to their stronger dollar. They also don't get slammed with customs, brokerage and handling fees whereas on this side of the border we have to deal with US retailers who simply won't ship to Canada and if they do so, hit us with all of the above.

Years ago they were a tiny consignment shop at Splendid China Tower selling used Nike and Adidas. The staff at pmall is alright if you speak Cantonese, can't be worse than the clueless smucks back in the day at Goodfoot.

Interesting I've found they would show something in stock online but out of stock at the actual store. 

The new Downtown Markham store is staffed with English speaking hipsters that don't really know much about sneakers but seems pretty friendly to deal with.

A decent sneaker shop is Groovy on Queen St.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom