Somali Pirate Gang No Match For US Crew Members. Pirate Movement Has Been Shamed

Somalian
smh.gif
They stay grimey like them Nigerian scammer

Originally Posted by GhostWriter

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Just level Somalia and end this problem now.
Seriously, would the world really miss the existence of that godforsaken country?

Ignorance at it's finest. I can clearly see you guys don't understand the world.
mad.gif
no thought of human life in statements like these sickens me

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Seriously, would the world really miss the existence of that godforsaken country?

Ignorance at it's finest. I can clearly see you guys don't understand the world.
mad.gif

no thought of human life in statements like these sickens me

Couldn't agree more, why suggestion the destruction of a nation over the actions of a small group
tired.gif

well 1st off I gotta show love to Maersk

but, even if this lil group of pirates is "disposed of", that doesnt solve !%$+. do yall realize they have millions of dollars lying around and theyhave thousands waiting in line to jump on one of these ships? The money they make from piracy is greater than the money generated by the economy of the wholecountry during one year?

Piracy is here to stay, unless some very serious steps are taken. You all saw how well this war on terror is going in the middle east. its the same thing here.

And I think its hilarious how so many people think these pirates are primitive and unorganized. You better believe this is on some Mafia or some Yakuzaorganization. And they dont play around, millions of dollars worth of rifles, explosives, ammunition, and there are most definitely a few tanks down there too.They can get it popping if need be.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

well 1st off I gotta show love to Maersk

but, even if this lil group of pirates is "disposed of", that doesnt solve !%$+. do yall realize they have millions of dollars lying around and they have thousands waiting in line to jump on one of these ships? The money they make from piracy is greater than the money generated by the economy of the whole country during one year?

Piracy is here to stay, unless some very serious steps are taken. You all saw how well this war on terror is going in the middle east. its the same thing here.

And I think its hilarious how so many people think these pirates are primitive and unorganized. You better believe this is on some Mafia or some Yakuza organization. And they dont play around, millions of dollars worth of rifles, explosives, ammunition, and there are most definitely a few tanks down there too. They can get it popping if need be.

That is the understatement of the year. Somalia is the most heavily armed nation in africa. It's funny how they have no food but the latest weapons to killeach other.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Originally Posted by 18key

OK lemme get this straight...

Somali pirates take over a US ship
US crew fights back
They capture a hijacker, but lose the captain to the 3 other pirates
The US crew let the hijacker go in hope of getting the captain back
They didnt get him back.

Is that where the situation stands now?

And now I have to watch the coverage on FoxNews
eyes.gif

Picturing this unfold as a real life scenario just cracks me up...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

US crew on some, "Rats! We've been had!"

And their captain just stonefacing the whole ship.

This obviously needs to be put in FFUUUUU or NT Comic form.
laugh.gif

Its like a Steven Segal movie plot to me. Except theres 19 Steven Segals and 1 ship captain.

Whats the situation at now? The Navy arrive to the ship yet? Did they dispose of the pirates?

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Somalian
smh.gif
They stay grimey like them Nigerian scammer
as far as money stolen, the nigerian 419 isn't even top 10 internet scams.

y'all just buy into the hype cuz it's been going on for so long and it's so prevalent.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

OK lemme get this straight...

Somali pirates take over a US ship
US crew fights back
They capture a hijacker, but lose the captain to the 3 other pirates
The US crew let the hijacker go in hope of getting the captain back
They didnt get him back.

Is that where the situation stands now?

And now I have to watch the coverage on FoxNews
eyes.gif

Picturing this unfold as a real life scenario just cracks me up...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

US crew on some, "Rats! We've been had!"

And their captain just stonefacing the whole ship.

This obviously needs to be put in FFUUUUU or NT Comic form.
laugh.gif

Its like a Steven Segal movie plot to me. Except theres 19 Steven Segals and 1 ship captain.

Whats the situation at now? The Navy arrive to the ship yet? Did they dispose of the pirates?

The FBI is negotiating with the pirates.

I can't believe this isn't gettng more attention on here...

Apparently the captain jumped ship and tried to swim away from the lifeboat, but the Somalis started shooting so he just swam back.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

More interestingly, OTHER pirates with OTHER hostages are supposedly on the way to the site to strengthen their bargaining hand.

mad.gif
I do understand the world moron. I'm looking at this situation from a $$$ standpoint. Let the streets run red with the blood of the piratesand end this problem. Send an example to other pirates across the globe.

They can get it popping if need be.
roll.gif

1993 is all we need to look at. Delta Force killed 1,000+ compared to our 19 lost. The only reason we pulled out was because Clinton bowed to politicalpressure.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Apparently the captain jumped ship and tried to swim away from the lifeboat, but the Somalis started shooting so he just swam back.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

More interestingly, OTHER pirates with OTHER hostages are supposedly on the way to the site to strengthen their bargaining hand.
eek.gif
eek.gif
, damn i thought everything was done since people stopped talking about it

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Are you serious? Those Pirates are walking into a huge trap
laugh.gif

not this situation in particular but i love seeing these pirates carry RPGs who either dont know how to use them or wouldnt dare use them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]Hostage dies as French attack Somali pirates[/h1]
  • Story Highlights
  • French military attack pirates holding yacht
  • One hostage dies in rescue, four others freed, French president's office says
  • Two pirates also killed in rescue operation
(CNN) -- A French hostage and two pirates died Friday in a rescue operation off Somalia, the French president's office in Paris said Friday.

Four hostages, including a child, were freed from the hijacked yacht after almost a week of captivity, Nicolas Sarkozy's office said.

The French military decided to move in when pirates refused their offers and increased threats against the hostages, it said.

A defense ministry source told CNN the pirates were threatening to execute their captives.

The four adults and a child had been held aboard their yacht, the Tanit, since it was seized in the Gulf of Aden on Saturday, the president's statement said.

CNN Jim Bitterman in Paris reported the French military came under fire as they attacked Tanit using Zodiac motorized rubber rafts.

There has been a series of high-profile and increasingly sophisticated pirate attacks in recent months.

Also off Somalia this week, the cargo vessel Maersk Alabama was boarded by pirates, who briefly took control of the ship.

Although the crew retook the ship, its captain, Richard Phillips, was Friday still being held by the gang holed up in a lifeboat.

The Maersk was hijacked some 350 miles off Somalia's coast, a distance that used to be considered safe for ships navigating in the pirate-infested waters.

International navies have increased patrols in the area but the region is so large the pirates can still operate.

The U.S. military warned earlier this week that recent attacks have occurred hundreds of miles off the coast, suggesting that pirates are using "mother ships" -- a practice of using bigger boats with longer range to launch smaller pirate ships against targets further out to sea.

Last year, Somali pirates seized another French luxury yacht and the French military launched an operation that ended with them chasing the gang across the desert.

Damn.
[h1]More pirates searching for lifeboat, official says[/h1]
  • Story Highlights
  • Pirates using other hijacked ships to look for lifeboat as Navy ships arrive
  • Captain's escape attempt viewed as "optimistic sign" of his vitality
  • Richard Phillips, captain of a U.S.-flagged cargo ship, is being held by four gunmen
  • The pirates have shown no signs of giving in as the standoff entered its third day
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Pirates in ships are searching for the lifeboat containing four pirates and their hostage -- the captain of a freighter they failed to hijack earlier this week -- according to a U.S. military official with knowledge of the situation.

The pirates are using ships they have already hijacked and larger ships from which they are launching skiffs, the official said Friday.

One of the pirated ships is the German cargo ship Hansa Stavanger, seized April 4 off the coast of Somalia.

The U.S. military has been monitoring communications between the pirates, the official said. The guided missile frigate USS Halyburton, with helicopter capabilities, has now joined the guided missile destroyer USS Bainbridge in the area. A third ship, the amphibious assault ship USS Boxer, which has a large medical facility on board, will be there within a day.

Richard Phillips, the hostage, tried to escape from the pirates Thursday night by jumping out of the lifeboat, a U.S. official said Friday.
video.gif
Watch what it's like inside a lifeboat »

Phillips was believed to be trying to swim to the USS Bainbridge, which is in communication with the four gunmen holding Phillips in the 28-foot boat off Somalia's coast, the official said.

Some of the kidnappers jumped into the water, recaptured Phillips, and returned him to the lifeboat, according to the official.
video.gif
Watch what happened when captain tried to escape »

The official -- who did not want to be named because of the sensitive nature of the situation -- said the escape attempt is being viewed by negotiators as an "optimistic sign" that Phillips is in good health. He has been held since Wednesday, when the hijackers seized control of his U.S.-flagged ship, the Maersk Alabama.
video.gif
Watch expert talk about hostage escape attempts »

The captain's wife Andrea Phillips thanked everyone for their support in a statement.

"My husband is a strong man and we will remain strong for him," she said. "We ask that you do the same. "

Phillips' 20-man crew regained control of the vessel, and they and the vessel are en route to Mombasa, Kenya, according to the father of one of the crew members.

The ship's owners -- the Norfolk, Virginia-based Maersk company -- would not say how the crew regained control. "There will be time for due diligence and retrospective review once we have the safe return of all parties and the opportunity for a full debriefing," it said in a statement.

For the U.S. Navy, the show of strength is more than just a means to resolve a hostage situation, said Chris Lawrence, CNN's Pentagon correspondent.

Attacks in the area have picked up so drastically in recent months that the Navy has to reposition some of its fleet to deal with the threats, he said. iReport.com: How should the U.S. respond?

The pirates have shown no signs of giving in.

The Maersk Alabama was on its way to Mombasa, Kenya, with a cargo of food aid when it was attacked Wednesday. It was the first time in recent history that pirates had targeted an American ship.

The ship was hijacked some 350 miles off Somalia's coast, a distance that used to be considered safe for ships navigating in the pirate-infested waters.

itsawrap.gif
(I hope)

My dude tried to escape
eek.gif
, This is like a movie.

Am I the only one that thinks we are headed toward a major shoot out on the seas ?

With the US sending more warships and other hijacked pirate ships heading to the area.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

My dude tried to escape
eek.gif
, This is like a movie.

Am I the only one that thinks we are headed toward a major shoot out on the seas ?

With the US sending more warships and other hijacked pirate ships heading to the area.
laugh.gif
Called it. Steven Segal movie.

There wont be a shootout, it will be the Navy firing a few warning shots and the pirates running. At least that's what would happen in any other situation,but who knows now. These pirates are getting gully, sending reinforcements and what not. That would be wild to see some Navy vs Pirates !#%% go down.

Originally Posted by archnoobie

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

do these pirates dress like pirates?
Yes they all have peg legs and parrots on their shoulders.

Man, these are Somali "pirates." Give 'em a hot meal and they'll give up. Easy.
Wow
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I hope everything is on youtube in a day or so.

from what ive heard there a 4 pirates and the US guy on a dingy size boat. why the %$$% hasnt the navy gone in at night and sniped these mother!#$+@!+?

and has obama addressed this issue yet?

PIRATES?! EFFIN' PIRATES?!!!!!!!

This #%#+ is hilarious to me for some reason.

Damn I should have thought of this first....modern pirates. Who the +%+% knew?! These dudes are straight G'z, takin' it back to yesteryear with thegrind.

Why don't we solve the problem in Somalia instead of putting a bandage on a huge problem. This piracy issue is gonna continue until we engage with theSomalis to help them rebuild.

Ya'll seem to also forgot that piracy is a symptom of a larger issue of foreign countries illegally fishing in somali waters. Most Somalis are against thepirates but most support the cause of the pirates detering illegal fishing.

Back
Top Bottom