Some of these NFL dudes are gonna have a hard time making ends meet because of the lockout...

i don't feel for anyone who mismanages their money.. no matter how much or how little they have.

i don't feel for anyone who mismanages their money.. no matter how much or how little they have.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Yeah because these guys are supposed to know finances while getting through HS and College playing ball. Sorry but of course they will be terrible with their money do you guys even know where most of these guys come from? Do you know how many dependents the average NFL player probably has? Its not like these guys majored in accounting they majored in football thats how they have been getting by since probably middle school.

These aren't excuses. 

You dont have to have sympathy you just need to know the truth about a lot of these players situations. You guys act as if these guys were some Harvard graduates when most of these dudes probablly didnt even score over 1000 on the SAT. Look where most of these guys are from. How can you expect them to be fiscally responsible.  This news isnt shocking at all.

You don't need to be a Harvard graduate, break 1000+ on the SAT, or be from the suburbs to be financially responsible.  The fact that you are accepting their financial troubles as nothing more than these men being products of their environment is sad.  This is a mindset that needs to change IMO.  I'm not blaming you because I'm sure that there are plenty of folks who share the same POV that you have.  However, I think the bar needs to be raised higher as far as the expectations we have for these guys. 

Yeah because these guys are supposed to know finances while getting through HS and College playing ball. Sorry but of course they will be terrible with their money do you guys even know where most of these guys come from? Do you know how many dependents the average NFL player probably has? Its not like these guys majored in accounting they majored in football thats how they have been getting by since probably middle school.

These aren't excuses. 

You dont have to have sympathy you just need to know the truth about a lot of these players situations. You guys act as if these guys were some Harvard graduates when most of these dudes probablly didnt even score over 1000 on the SAT. Look where most of these guys are from. How can you expect them to be fiscally responsible.  This news isnt shocking at all.

You don't need to be a Harvard graduate, break 1000+ on the SAT, or be from the suburbs to be financially responsible.  The fact that you are accepting their financial troubles as nothing more than these men being products of their environment is sad.  This is a mindset that needs to change IMO.  I'm not blaming you because I'm sure that there are plenty of folks who share the same POV that you have.  However, I think the bar needs to be raised higher as far as the expectations we have for these guys. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

These aren't excuses. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ usainboltfast making excuses...

sick.gif
sick.gif
 @ him being serious...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

These aren't excuses. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ usainboltfast making excuses...

sick.gif
sick.gif
 @ him being serious...

regardless if you are making 80K a year or 8 mil a year, one still has to manage his finances and make logical moves based upon his current earnings and potential earnings in the long run.

regardless if you are making 80K a year or 8 mil a year, one still has to manage his finances and make logical moves based upon his current earnings and potential earnings in the long run.

The Players KNEW there was a chance this could happen there is NO EXCUSE...that's what a lot of players get for living check to check
30t6p3b.gif

The Players KNEW there was a chance this could happen there is NO EXCUSE...that's what a lot of players get for living check to check
30t6p3b.gif

what always amazes me is how much child support these guys have to pay sometimes. granted they need to be smarter and refrain from knocking chicks up but i don't see how judges can make these guys pay the amount they do knowing full well that the average athlete's career isn't all that long.

Talbert

what always amazes me is how much child support these guys have to pay sometimes. granted they need to be smarter and refrain from knocking chicks up but i don't see how judges can make these guys pay the amount they do knowing full well that the average athlete's career isn't all that long.

Talbert

I don't expect any professional athlete to be Warren Buffett, but they could at least learn how to say no...

I don't expect any professional athlete to be Warren Buffett, but they could at least learn how to say no...

It is what it is. A large part of why so many athletes go broke is because of their entourage, who usually consist of childhood friends and family.

I don't know if that would change if I were a pro-athlete too...I hate to see my people struggling and the way I see it, if I got it...you got it. Especially if you my people.

That mentality gets people caught up in giving out handouts though...word to A.I.

It is what it is. A large part of why so many athletes go broke is because of their entourage, who usually consist of childhood friends and family.

I don't know if that would change if I were a pro-athlete too...I hate to see my people struggling and the way I see it, if I got it...you got it. Especially if you my people.

That mentality gets people caught up in giving out handouts though...word to A.I.

If being financially responsible was something everyone would ascribe to be the economy wouldn't have tanked. Some people say it should be common sense not to be dumb with your money but being financially responsible is more than that, it takes tons of hard work and discipline. It is very easy to look at millionaires and critique how they spend their money but I'm sure there are tons of people that could critique nters for spending thousands on shoes and clothes when they could be saving that money or paying down their debt. I am financially responsible but I can tell you from my own life that the more money I make, the harder it becomes to tell myself no and to save. I know some people say it's dumb for players to think they'll play forever but don't we think we'll work forever when we get mortgage loans that will take us 30 and 40 years to payoff? Shouldn't we be smart and forgo that expense in light of the inherent uncertainty of any job market? My point is that most people waste money and we need to first look at ourselves and try to not be so shocked when people that are bad with money are bad with a little and with a lot.

If being financially responsible was something everyone would ascribe to be the economy wouldn't have tanked. Some people say it should be common sense not to be dumb with your money but being financially responsible is more than that, it takes tons of hard work and discipline. It is very easy to look at millionaires and critique how they spend their money but I'm sure there are tons of people that could critique nters for spending thousands on shoes and clothes when they could be saving that money or paying down their debt. I am financially responsible but I can tell you from my own life that the more money I make, the harder it becomes to tell myself no and to save. I know some people say it's dumb for players to think they'll play forever but don't we think we'll work forever when we get mortgage loans that will take us 30 and 40 years to payoff? Shouldn't we be smart and forgo that expense in light of the inherent uncertainty of any job market? My point is that most people waste money and we need to first look at ourselves and try to not be so shocked when people that are bad with money are bad with a little and with a lot.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

30t6p3b.gif

This.

Let them see what the average working man goes through.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

30t6p3b.gif

This.

Let them see what the average working man goes through.

thats why the league told them to start saving money before the season ended to prepare them for this

thats why the league told them to start saving money before the season ended to prepare them for this

There's absolutely no excuse for these athletes to go broke. "It happens" isnt an excuse. How do you expect us to feel sorry for athletes that rack up excessive debt, buy 10+ cars, or in extreme cases, have to pay a ton of child support (like Cromartie, Travis Henry, etc).

To the people that say "Even normal people go broke", well, no one feels sorry for them either because most of the time they mis-managed their finances as well.

It's not like these athletes are living check to check or were suddenly laid off. Many of these players are making enough money that should last them a good chunk of their lives, and possibly even their entire lives.

Back
Top Bottom