Some Questions About "Sample" pairs of Air Jordans

Hey,

I'm thinking about getting a sample pair of IX lows in the white/pearl blue colorway. I know that sample pairs only come in "SIZE 9" which is the size I wear, but I was also wondering is there a specific amount of sample pairs made for each Air Jordan Retro Colorway, and if so how many?What kind of box, if any are made for the sample pairs?Are the sample pairs of* Air Jordans more valuable than regular pairs of Air Jordans?Also can I find sample pairs of Air Jordans for sale in regular sneaker stores or just online? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm going to order the IX low sample pair DS but I cant decide if I should wear them or just have it for collection purposes only thats why i'm trying to determine how valuable they are before* / if I decide to wear them...

Hey,

I'm thinking about getting a sample pair of IX lows in the white/pearl blue colorway. I know that sample pairs only come in "SIZE 9" which is the size I wear, but I was also wondering is there a specific amount of sample pairs made for each Air Jordan Retro Colorway, and if so how many?What kind of box, if any are made for the sample pairs?Are the sample pairs of* Air Jordans more valuable than regular pairs of Air Jordans?Also can I find sample pairs of Air Jordans for sale in regular sneaker stores or just online? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm going to order the IX low sample pair DS but I cant decide if I should wear them or just have it for collection purposes only thats why i'm trying to determine how valuable they are before* / if I decide to wear them...

Samples are usually always more valuable than regular shoes, and im not sure how many they make but i know its not that many. You cant really get sample in stores, mostly found online or from people. And its up to you if you want to wear them, i would just because no one else has them. Hope this helps

Samples are usually always more valuable than regular shoes, and im not sure how many they make but i know its not that many. You cant really get sample in stores, mostly found online or from people. And its up to you if you want to wear them, i would just because no one else has them. Hope this helps

There are three main types of NIKE Basketball and Brand Jordan footwear samples:
- look-see samples are prototypes used to monitor the production process and are almost always size 9.  They may or may not be functional.
- weartest samples are worn by athletes who submit feedback to developers and designers.  Tester feedback is used to improve areas such as traction, support, and fit.  They are usually size 9 and 13, but can be made in any size from 9 - 18.
- sales samples are shown to vendors and buyers in meetings during the retail season prior to the launch date.  They are usually a size 9.

There is not a predetermined number of samples created (production run) for each model.  Samples that feature colorways, materials, or components that differ from the final version are rare and considered valuable.  If the sample is identical to the released shoe, then they really aren't worth much more than regular market value.

Unreleased look-see samples of Air Jordan XIV Low (red/whi/mus) and Air Flightposite II KG (gold carbon fiber)

There are three main types of NIKE Basketball and Brand Jordan footwear samples:
- look-see samples are prototypes used to monitor the production process and are almost always size 9.  They may or may not be functional.
- weartest samples are worn by athletes who submit feedback to developers and designers.  Tester feedback is used to improve areas such as traction, support, and fit.  They are usually size 9 and 13, but can be made in any size from 9 - 18.
- sales samples are shown to vendors and buyers in meetings during the retail season prior to the launch date.  They are usually a size 9.

There is not a predetermined number of samples created (production run) for each model.  Samples that feature colorways, materials, or components that differ from the final version are rare and considered valuable.  If the sample is identical to the released shoe, then they really aren't worth much more than regular market value.

Unreleased look-see samples of Air Jordan XIV Low (red/whi/mus) and Air Flightposite II KG (gold carbon fiber)

Originally Posted by CWK

Thanks this was helpful! Also thank you "Sick Kikz" for your feedback as well. 

So do "sample" pairs  come in a box and if so, do they come with the regular box the final product will come with or a different box?

Originally Posted by CWK

Thanks this was helpful! Also thank you "Sick Kikz" for your feedback as well. 

So do "sample" pairs  come in a box and if so, do they come with the regular box the final product will come with or a different box?

Samples usually don't come with a regular box.  As far as stores that carry them, NIKE factory stores had ALOT of mens samples last summer.  Some mom and pop stores have agreements with local EKINS and sales reps to buy and sell samples (such as Active Athlete in Houston).

Samples usually don't come with a regular box.  As far as stores that carry them, NIKE factory stores had ALOT of mens samples last summer.  Some mom and pop stores have agreements with local EKINS and sales reps to buy and sell samples (such as Active Athlete in Houston).

Back
Top Bottom