Something I think is pretty funny

I guess you could say this isn't really Jordan related, but I think it is. Many people have been posting about the "degradation" of the JordanForum because of all the newbs screwing around and it has kept OG members and members with info away. Also, that ISS is supposedly the step down from NT, andyet I find it a much better site for info.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is definitely happening. On ISS they have already posted crazy amounts of '09 info and yet NT has none ofit on their site. To me I just see that NT's Jordan Forum is starting to lose all of its reputation and it is because of stupid posts that this ishappening. So if people want info to be posted here they should maybe stop making smarta$$ comments in every thread and welcome in members with info and someof the older members with respect (I'm not saying I'm one of them). This has just been my rant and something that I think is really funny. And I nowmake my exit back to ISS.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jordan forum is way down but i still cant do iss, I thought about it and opened an acct. but have never used it. Im just hoping NT will rise again
grin.gif
. But the posts that piss me off the most are the infared 6/ concord/ spacejamposts and also the best J's for balling and any posts about what is your favorite J or colorway
mad.gif

^I just posted this because I had like the weirdest thing happen to me about info today. I posted in a thread about hearing some info so somebody sent me someinfo to see if it matched and then I look in the RD thread and see info about all of '09 basically mapped out.

The JB forum's downfall is almost a complete parallel to the brand itself.

Furthermore, there is a rather large influx of "newbie" posters in the JB forum, at least it seems so to me. Therefore, you are going to have a lotof those dumb threads.

edit: I think the lack of info. is directly related to the amount of crap being released from the company.

i don't like ISS because of the type of member there. "VNDS" means creasing, stains, separation of material. plus i feel more at home here.

im what ppl would call a "noob".. but i rarely post for that exact reason cause i feel new members ideas and comments are not appreciated as oldermemebers are, but werent we all at 1 time "noobs" but we each have our interest in jordan products for our own reason and thats why we come herewhere information and opinions are shared. i learned a lot from the 1 year + i been coming to this forum . i from time to time visit iss and feel like niketalkis more controlled and mature then iss... but for w.e reason ppl feel that theres an overload of "noobs" and have walked away from Niketalk then letit be, there is no stopping immaturity and stupid threads/posts but we could ignore them... and continue to do what nt has always done

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

NT basically has the same release dates here http://niketalk.com/topic/142702http://niketalk.com/topic/142702 its just not in the official post.
but yeah i agree that this forum has gone down but still NT>ISS
So you have an idea of all of the packs and single retroes that might be releasing next year? Cuz people on ISS do because people drop info thereand they don't do that on here as much

post count is def not figure of merit for how much someone knows about shoes. i'm not a vet of this forum, but i know plenty about kicks. calling someone anoob is just dumb imo. i wouldn't do it if i had 3 million posts and invented the forum. those who do so, try to put people down, and discourage shouldcheck their self and treat people with respect. this should be a spot where people who like kicks can talk about them. people need to chill around here.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

NT basically has the same release dates here http://niketalk.com/topic/142702http://niketalk.com/topic/142702http://niketalk.com/topic/142702 its just not in the official post.
So you have an idea of all of the packs and single retroes that might be releasing next year? Cuz people on ISS do because people drop info there and they don't do that on here as much
Please share.

From what people have said on here, I think we know most, if not all the packs.

And as far as retro's, there has been hints at White/Red XII's, TB III's, and SpaceJams.

If you know others, let us know!

NT basically has the same release dates here http://niketalk.com/topic/142702http://niketalk.com/topic/142702http://niketalk.com/topic/142702 its just not in the official post.
So you have an idea of all of the packs and single retroes that might be releasing next year? Cuz people on ISS do because people drop info there and they don't do that on here as much

like the 11s
eek.gif

Are these the packs you're talking about? http://niketalk.com/topic/135932http://niketalk.com/topic/135932

And I will say that the one thing that is starting to get annoying is the "Is this trade fair" and "Would you do this and that in thisJordan" threads but this is not enough to say this forum is going downhill, but like everyone else said, it's a reflection of the brand. And the newmembers will get the hang of the way things work.

By the way I looked at the ISS forums just to see if they were really that bad and....yea I couldn't stay in there for five minutes.

Here is the info, that has yet to have been posted on NT:

I posted something about not being able to post the info yet, but I didn't realize that a lot of this info has already been known fora while because people like to just let everything know on ISS in the RD thread because I guess people don't check it. I know Idon't.

Here is post from JaY~WaLkEr~23:

well im not 110% on the dates but i kno everything drops this summer and after. but that list of the double up packs on the other post WILL be dropping its gonna be 7s, 1s,and 5s, (this is all off memory so bare with me) the 7 pack will consist of a orlando color and bordaux 7s, the 1 pack will be the red, white, black (og color), and a celtics color.. a hall of fame pack will consist of 1s dubs and 6rings (very limited).. ajf 4s (hahaha i can see it now). the 60+ is gonna be a shoe and will have a 5s bottem thats all i can remember at the moment.. dicuss..

Here is some info I've heard. Originally posted by dalazz, MarcSJ08, princejordan and tylerhundley:

DMP with 2 Vs (already been posted on the boards)
DMP with 2 7s (orlando magic colorway and raptors)
DMP with 2 1s (black toe colorway and celtics colorway)
French Blue and Bordeaux VII retros in the fall
2 quickstrike XIIs one in april, one in may ( )
white cement 3s in the slam dunk pack
true blue 3s are the choice for a pack aswell as of right now
A hall of fame pack that I hear will be split up into 4 different shoes, 6rings, a retro 1, retro 3, and a jordan 09.
and rumors about a Jordan XI snakeskin pack.

Plus more fusions fusion 4 with all kinds of colorways (military, white cement, black cement, mars), an XI fusion that is expected to have a space jam colorway aswell.

First guy told me III's will come in packs, but it looks like they could be single releases. Also, I didn't realize how much info gets dropped in the RD thread, I thought people were supposed to be keeping info to themselves at least a little. Here is a little sample of what I'm talking about.

[table][tr][td]MarcSJ08 wrote:[/td] [/tr][tr][td] ^Yes, there will be packs in GS such as Hall of Fame and DMP's. That's right couple of DMP's.
[table][tr][td]r.023 wrote:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]fam, ima save money in 2009 cuz i dont see nothing i like...[/td] [/tr][/table]

Not even bordeaux,? french blue? black toes ? XII's ? white cement? oops!
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Most of the info I just got from someone today telling me to keep it quiet and I see some people posting info like notomorrow.

To me, '09>'08, This means I need a job now, Foams and then about 12 pairs of these releases man. Hope people enjoy.

thanks for the info

only thing that sucks about this is that some people like to just mess around and start rumors (not saying you are) really hope what you posted for releaseactually happens

it's good info, i just think actual confirmed info is the only stuff that has merit in nt's jb forum. that's why we might be a little behind onrumours, but we're usually on point when things get confirmed. it's not releasing right away no matter what, so who's all that concerned aboutknowing it months in advance anyway?

fo·rum - noun - A public meeting place for open discussion.

com⋅mu⋅ni⋅ty - noun - a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself asdistinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists. JOINT POSSESSION, ENJOYMENT,LIABILITY, etc.

Not trying to be an after school special, but its quite a few things that can be instilled or recaptured when it comes to NT. I constantly see a,''What's up NT fam", or some sort of greeting that is a sign of good nature, and I also see a few things that are a little bit on thedistasteful side. But quickly following these questions, statements, concerns, or what have you, I see some people come right behind them and post negativeremarks or somethat that isnt of substance.

If people that are in the position to inform and educate those who may ill-informed, or oblivious to this, that, and the other, things would be alot better.Because its not one person in here that started off as the most knowledgeable individual. When most of this stuff was first coming out, sure there was alot ofnew technology and innovation emerging, but there are a few products that got their creation off of the strength of previous product. But back then, alot ofdesigners and the people who marketed the product thought outside of the box and created their own lane instead of trying to persuade the consumer to buysomething that is similar to what that have come up with on there own. Alot of us have become so engulfed in the fact that the 90's(really swayed by mypersonal opinion) being one of the greatest periods of time from a sense of what we post and research regarding footwear, that we use that as our way out. Thatframe of mind is a product of those who are in a position to do something about it, but do nothing(Brand Jordan PLEASE STOP ALLOWING FOOT, INC TO HAVE SO MUCHSAY SO).

In closing, if we take the time to become a true community and take pride in where we share opinions, and ideas instead of bashing those who may not seem tooknowledgeable or think a little bit different when it comes to certain topics and when needed, those who can steer the weary and unknowing in the rightdirection, NT can return to those "glory days'' many of us speak of.

thanks for posting masterhammy but in regards to your gripe about how NT doesnt get info really revolves around NTers who post....i would not be surprised lotsof info from here makes its way to ISS and the same vice versa, so to just abandon NT bc you saw info on ISS before here doesnt really help NT grow, the samefor ISS. So keep it up and i wouldnt let the delay of info discourage membership or visiting activity.

i think its happening because now days its "cool" to be a "sneakerhead", so you get alot of clueless hypebeasts in the Jordan forum....

but as far as 09, im actually looking forward to some of these releases in everything checks out

true blues will be fire, but i will be pissed if they do the white/cement iii's...the 03's are still perfectly rockable

and the qs xii better be the white/reds

Originally Posted by deuce02

post count is def not figure of merit for how much someone knows about shoes. i'm not a vet of this forum, but i know plenty about kicks. calling someone a noob is just dumb imo. i wouldn't do it if i had 3 million posts and invented the forum. those who do so, try to put people down, and discourage should check their self and treat people with respect. this should be a spot where people who like kicks can talk about them. people need to chill around here.

great points. a high number of posts don't mean jack. especially when they've been acquired by posting senseless comments such as late, wrong forum,hypebeast, or just blasting in general.

nt used to be the premier site for sneaker info, but that has definitely changed because of negative members. again, people need to chill around here.

i've heard of the orlando viis; they have to do with when he scored 60+. i assume the celtic ones have to do with the same thing. slam dunk pack has tohave white/cement iiis and white/black/red iis or it does make sense. quikstike xiis sounds nice.

the main reason I signed up for ISS is because of the steals in the marketplace. I've copped grape 5's in good condition (except for dirty soles, but Iwalk on them so I didn't care) for $115, and concord 11s for $150. I joined a few months after joining NT a few years ago but I spend most of my time on NTbecause it's like a family over here. But yea, I used to always be in the Jordan forum before I joined and as of late, I'm rarely ever in here. I stayin sneaker showcase most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom