Sons of Anarchy Season 7 Thread | EP. 13 "Papa's Goods" 12/9 SERIES FINALE

Kurt Sutter Announces Plans For ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Movie Starring Charlie Hunnam, Brad Pitt

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California -
Kurt Sutter, creator of the hit FX drama Sons of Anarchy, has announced plans to turn the popular television series into a major motion picture.

Sutter, who was also a writer, producer, and director on the series, said in an interview with Hollywood Today magazine that he has long contemplated taking S.O.A. to the big screen following its run on television. “People absolutely loved the show, as did I, and I have put a lot of thought into the matter, and we are going forward with turning it into a feature film” Sutter said.

Sons of Anarchy ran for seven seasons on FX, from 2008-2014, and in the process built a huge following. Sutter said the film will star Charlie Hunnam, who played the lead character Jax Teller, as well as Ryan Hurst who played Opie Winston, and Katey Sagal as Gemma Teller. The film, which is a prequel to the storyline of Sons will also introduce fans to Jax’s father, John, who will be played by Brad Pitt.

“I am most excited about bringing Brad (Pitt) on as John Teller, he is absolutely perfect for the role. The movie will take place from the day Jax was born, and leads up to the era just before Sons Of Anarchy began as a series.”

Sutter also said that he is really happy to bring Ryan Hurst back as Opie Winston, and hopes fans will forgive him for killing Opie off. “Man I tell ya, when we killed Opie off, it was like the thing turned real. I’ve never gone public with this, but I’ve had people get really crazy when they see me in public,” said Sutter. “They shout at me, and they get angry - ‘You shouldn’t have killed Ope! I hope you rot in Hell!,’ that sort of thing. I had people try to run me off the road when they recognized me, although that just might be because I’m kind of a dangerous driver. Anyway, my hope is that this film will help them cope.”

Sutter says pre-production on film will begin in the middle of 2015, and will begin shooting sometime in the fall. “For a movie of this scope, with this much storyline attached, you should expect to see the film by the end of 2016,” said Sutter. “In the mean time, buy all the official Sons of Anarchy merchandise you can. Every dollar goes to helping get this movie completed. Brad Pitt isn’t cheap, you know.”

:wow: :wow: :wow:

:frown:

Last edited:
So I just watched the entire series in 2 weeks (I'm on winter break haaa) Kept hearing everyone talking about it.

So which seasons are seen as best and worst?

I finished this season a few days ago. Thought it was ok. The whole damn season was sad as hell. Ever since Jax took over **** been real depressing. It seems like the writers kept tryna reach for ways to shock the audience (I hate when TV do that) and the storylines suffered. I always thought the series would end with Jax getting killed and Tara and the boys moving on. Once they killed Tara I felt the show was just doing stuff for shock value.

- I always rooted for Jax. I didn't like him committing suicide

- The Juice story was a waste

- Jax killing his own momma was ridiculous to me

- Unser getting killed made no sense

- My dawg Bobby :smh: :smh:

I still appreciate the show for what it was but for the last 2 season it felt like they were just doing random ****.

Had a crazy busy month of December, but I finally got around to watching the finale to SOA last night.

I was completely underwhelmed and it ran in line with my feelings about this season in general. Show had run it's course, but I'm interested to see if Sutter does indeed come through with the prequel project.

*edit*

This finale, REALLY made me appreciate just how great the final season (and final episode) of The Sheild was. The Shield, IMO, remains FX's magnum opus, and probably is in my top-5 of all shows I've ever watched.

Last edited:
The first 4 seasons of soa were meh, but the latter 3 were really good.
I didn't realize that s7 was the end, so i didn't think jax was going to die. Until i seent him put his arms up...

Okay guys come on we all knew

that Jax was going to die from the beginning of the show come on guys.

The only one who's death I couldn't stand was of course

Tara. She shouldn't have died. That was just uncalled for. Since she did die I wish Jax would have rotted in jail because he brought this all on himself.

Okay guys come on we all knew
that Jax was going to die from the beginning of the show come on guys.
The only one who's death I couldn't stand was of course
Tara. She shouldn't have died. That was just uncalled for. Since she did die I wish Jax would have rotted in jail because he brought this all on himself.
Jax has been shot at like 100 times and he's pretty much been unscathed for the whole show. Then Clay who did even more dirt than Jax almost got away scotfree.

I've hated Genma since season 1, but I knew that she was not going to die. Same with Jax. Given that, I didn't bleieve anything until the show basically showed me how they were going to die. Not believing anything till I see it.

Clay was supposed to die in like season 2?

Tara knew who she was with. She didn't care and she liked the lifestyle for a bit. She was like "I like that my husband murders for me." Something like that.

Tara's character was ridiculous. After the TM bomb, she should have been out.

I don't like how they did Unser though.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Also the music of this show was spectacular. So many hits from season 5-7.
smokin.gif

I finished this season a few days ago. Thought it was ok. The whole damn season was sad as hell. Ever since Jax took over **** been real depressing. It seems like the writers kept tryna reach for ways to shock the audience (I hate when TV do that) and the storylines suffered. I always thought the series would end with Jax getting killed and Tara and the boys moving on. Once they killed Tara I felt the show was just doing stuff for shock value.

- I always rooted for Jax. I didn't like him committing suicide

- The Juice story was a waste

- Jax killing his own momma was ridiculous to me

- Unser getting killed made no sense

- My dawg Bobby :smh: :smh:

I still appreciate the show for what it was but for the last 2 season it felt like they were just doing random ****.

You clearly didn't understand the show.

& for the record Jax told her several times that he would get out. For the kids. That's when Tara changed. When the kids came.

All Clay did was kill John because he technically be strayed him.

Last edited:
This show jumped the shark to me a few seasons ago but I just watched season 7 this past weekend.

I didn't think he would kill his mom either...but I interpreted it as him believing that her being dead is the only way his sons would NEVER see that lifestyle. She would 100% have tried to drag them into it.

No doubt in my mind lil Abel turns out to be a thug. Gemma gave him that ring and he already got that stone face look going. The boy was scarred.

You clearly didn't understand the show.

& for the record Jax told her several times that he would get out. For the kids. That's when Tara changed. When the kids came.

All Clay did was kill John because he technically be strayed him.

Didn't understand what about the show?

Last edited:
i like what they did with the finale... tying it back to jax's father was a good direction to go with.

overall, i enjoyed the show a lot :smokin

Just finished the series. In my feels. Hate jax had to die but he completely changed the course of charmin, his club, and his family with his sacrifice.

Back
Top Bottom