Sons of Anarchy Season 7 Thread | EP. 13 "Papa's Goods" 12/9 SERIES FINALE

OqKzzYv.png

Chibbs gave ol girl the chub.

I hope he's the only one left so he can flourish in them yambs

You all thinkn Abel is now going to think Gemma has killed yet another person?

Dude comes out and sees his grandma apologizing to a dead body.

I dunno why stations think we need after shows now. Ain't even watch it yet, but i'm sure there's more senseless death under Gemma.

Confused.

Why did Jax have the mc cut/sew bodies together ?

Then was marks onto it after he lifted the preachers sleeve and saw the ink? And that's why he capped Bobby ?

Confused.

Why did Jax have the mc cut/sew bodies together ?

Then was marks onto it after he lifted the preachers sleeve and saw the ink? And that's why he capped Bobby ?

This. Im very confused.

rip the homie though

marks thought he had the "whole" pastor... when he didnt he had a cut n paste body... jax sends the note from his wife & the "tip" of where the rest of the body is & marks is gonne

You all thinkn Abel is now going to think Gemma has killed yet another person?

Dude comes out and sees his grandma apologizing to a dead body.

of course ..... gemma gonna die like omar

Last edited:
Spoiler alert: The Nov. 4 episode of Sons of Anarchy was a big one for Sheriff Althea Jarry (Annabeth Gish). She had a physical confrontation with Gemma (Katey Sagal), uncovered game-changing intel on Chris Dun, and asked Chibs (Tommy Flanagan) to prove he has feelings for her by “taking her” on the hood of her cop car in the parking garage in front of Quinn (Rusty ****es).

EW: I’m just going to jump right in with the scene I think fans will be talking about. Do you have a guess?
Gish: The sex on a cop car scene. [Laughs]

Correct. I knew we were getting a sex scene in uniform, but I was thinking a kinky office romp. Were you told this was where it was headed?
I think what Sons does best is keep everybody on their toes, even Tommy and I as actors. So we didn’t know exactly what was coming down the pike, but we knew Chibs and Jarry are not traditional. [Laughs] So I think they deserved something really hot. And what better way to bookend: The first time we meet outside of the club is in the parking garage when I take money. But I have to say, at the table read, when we read that scene, it was like, “That’s sexy. Ohmygod.” I think it’s sexy to both men and women—ripping the uniform off, like male strippers, think Magic Mike or whatever. There’s something about a uniform. And then Tommy did this thing with my belt. [Laughs]

The logistics were difficult because the uniform is stiff polyester. I’m wearing a lot of accoutrement between my sidearm and my flashlight and all of the things on a cop’s belt, a Sally Browne or a Sam Browne. So to get all of that off was a whole choreographed dance. And of course, we are literally outside, in a parking garage. [Laughs] As an actress, I have to get over the fact that the scene is being filmed by a crew. These kind of scenes are always nervous-making for everybody. I find I usually just have to get in front of it and giggle—giggle out of my discomfort, really. But you gotta be bold, too. You gotta go for it. Who would have thunk that at 43, I would become a sexy cop? [Laughs] I will say this: This not the last time you see Chibs and Jarry get busy.

The first time I watched this scene, I couldn’t get past Quinn being there. That was shocking. Did you have to wrap your head around what Jarry was thinking in that moment? Is it that she just needs to know now if Chibs has these feelings because they get so little time together?
I think that is her moment of really revealing her vulnerability, and also, she obviously doesn’t have an issue with sex in public. I think it speaks to the fact that cops and criminals walk very fine lines of the gradations between danger and what is right and wrong. To be a cop, you have to be an adrenaline junkie, you know. So I think that was fitting for her. I think she really has these feelings for Chibs, and with the extreme stakes of where they both come from, it was like, “If you want me, take me now.”

I talked with Peter Weller, who directed this episode, and he said he wanted the sex to be face-to-face, and that his one note to you was to not dare him with the ultimatum but to invite him.
I loved that, and I think that’s what Peter Weller did with the scene: He did it in a very respectful, non-objectified manner from a woman’s perspective. Jarry initiates it, so it already puts her in a position of strength, even though it is an invitation and it is vulnerable. That’s why it’s kind of so beautifully complicated: She is seducing him, but because she has a need. We haven’t seen a lot of sex scenes like that on television, where a woman is inviting/seducing but also demanding/asking.

This is both of them admitting they have feelings and wanting to pursue something. And it’s interesting that this desire for intimacy is confirmed at a moment when it seems she’s questioning him most, in terms of Chris Dun, the intel that leads to Marks getting arrested, and how much the club is using her.
That’s an astute observation. I think it speaks very well to the conflict that she has within herself. It’s not like they can have a normal relationship. They can’t just go have dinner at a restaurant and go on a date. They gotta get busy when and where they can, in the quagmire of all the conflict of the club versus Charming’s law. So I think going forward, it sets up how much of a battle it is internally for both of them to find and feel this real attraction—I don’t want to say love, but I think that they have a real chemistry, for sure—and how to express that chemistry in this messed up world.

Let’s move on to the scene between Gemma and Jarry. I was there on set that day, so I know you had stunt doubles.
We actually had to go back and reshoot something because the door was open in my office. Kurt [Sutter] went back, and he’s very meticulous, of course, as he should be, and it didn’t make sense that Gemma and I have this altercation in my office with the door open, so we fixed that. It’s sort of an odd pleasure to be in this cat fight with the matriarch of Charming. To get to go head-to-head or toe-to-toe with Katey Sagal and Gemma, that’s like a steak dinner for an actress.

They threaten each other at the end of that scene, so I’m hoping we see this kind of confrontation again. Should we at least expect them to have more scenes together?
Yes. There is another conversation. With Chibs, she sees an ally and she sees a lover. And with Gemma, when you’re a strong woman and you see another strong woman, there’s a sort of respect there. But she also knows that there is a wicked, twisted woman at play. I think she knows that Gemma has the finger on all of these guys.

There’s also that scene in Unser’s Airstream where Jarry reveals that Lin was picked up by Vegas PD on the night that Tara was killed, so Gemma and Juice are both lying. That was a great twist. What was your reaction reading that?
I thought, this is gonna be fun. That scene in particular is a crucial turning point because it reveals so much. I literally had to draw my own map so that I could coordinate all of where Dun was, where Lin was. It’s a huge turning point for the Charming Sheriff’s department: Last episode, s–t starts to unravel, but now the law is on to the unraveling and the truth is gonna be told.

I’ve always appreciated that Jarry has a respect for Unser.
Absolutely. I think she always gives a massive amount of respect to Unser, even though she knows that he’s been dirty. But she is, too. The difference is that she’s not just dirty taking money, she’s also philandering. [Laughs] She’s consummating with the club.

You’re on Twitter. How has the reaction been to Jarry from fans, in general?
It’s been wonderful. Some jobs come along, and they’re great. But this job from top to bottom—whether it’s the set environment, the fans, the actors and actresses—it’s been pretty superlative for me. I love the fact that there’s #Charry for Chibs and Jarry. I think one of the SOA Addicts coined #LadyLaw. It’s just fun banter and an engagement with these people who are diehard fans. I think I knew a little bit about those kind of high quality fans from X-Files, but this isn’t just sci-fi. This is blood, and sweat, and brotherhood, and motorcycles, and allegiance—it’s deep. It’s kind of unprecedented for me in that way.

How emotional was the end of filming for you?
The emotion that was evoked in my heart and my sentiment, just from one season—I can’t imagine what everyone else has felt after seven. It’s a real sense of loss already, and I was there for a blink.

Did you get to take the uniform?
[Whispers] I did. I took the uniform. [Laughs]

Yay!
I took the uniform. To a producer who shall remain nameless, I said, “Can I ask your permission? Can I take my uniform?” And he said, “Absolutely not. That’s Fox property. FX property. Blah, blah, blah, blah.” I said, “Okay, but what if I tell you that I’m stealing it? What if I’m confessing that I’m just sticking it in my bag and incase somebody needs it, I have it?” I don’t know if printing that will get me in trouble, but I had to keep the uniform. My first and only.

What has the role of Jarry meant to you?
The idea of being a woman in the midst of all of the other women on this show—it’s sort of an under-discussed topic. I think everybody just thinks the show is all about a male motorcycle club. But the women on the show—Drea [de Matteo], Katey, Maggie [Siff], Ally [Walker]—what driving forces they have been. To Kurt’s credit, and I say this about Jarry, he has written some complicated, messed-up, amazing women. And I just feel honored as hell to be able to jump in on the last ride.

Warning: If you have yet to watch Tuesday’s episode of Sons of Anarchy, get thee to a different TVLine article. Everyone else, read on…

Yet another Sons of Anarchy member bit the dust in Tuesday’s episode — and boy, did this one sting.

During a tense exchange with August Marks, which should have resolved the gangster’s conflict with SAMCRO, Bobby was suddenly offed via a gunshot to the head. What resulted was Season 7’s most somber moment yet for Jax and the boys, an extra dash of guilt for Gemma and a retaliation from SAMCRO that is sure to bring a few more casualties before series’ end.

TVLine chatted with Mark Boone Junior — the man behind Bobby Munson — about Tuesday’s shocking death, his reaction to Bobby’s demise and his all-time favorite Sons scene.

TVLINE | Right before Bobby gets killed, it seems like the trade with August Marks is actually going to go smoothly. Were you surprised by Marks’ last-minute murder?
I’ve gotten into a very regular habit, after doing this show for seven years, of not trying to predict what’s going to happen. When I read that I was getting shot at that moment, it didn’t surprise me at all. But that doesn’t mean it didn’t affect me! [Laughs]

TVLINE | Bobby was resilient right until the very end. Do you think he would have preferred to die, or would he rather have lived without an eye and a few fingers?
Come on, who needs two eyes and two hands? I had a good chunk of my hand. They didn’t take my thumb, and that’s all you need. There’s a lot of prosthetics these days. In fact, you can probably get a fake eye these days that works pretty well. Bobby would’ve preferred to be alive, yes. [Laughs] I am very sure that Bobby would have preferred to be alive.

TVLINE | Gemma seemed especially shocked by Bobby’s death, which we know leads back to her initial lie. Do you think Gemma is responsible for Bobby dying?
Gemma is responsible for the whole deal, yes! [Laughs] This is all on Gemma, every bit of it. That’s what the whole season is about, every time there’s a casualty. It’s definitely been seeping in there before Bobby’s death, but it really comes home to roost then. Bobby was the last vestige of the old club. Tig isn’t really, nor is Chibs. Bobby’s it. He wasn’t part of the original nine, but he came very soon after.

View photo

TVLINE | Are you looking forward to seeing Gemma get her comeuppance?
Gemma’s like a mythological monster. There’s no woman that’s ever existed in the history of motorcycle clubs like her. Will the dragon be slayed? I don’t know.

TVLINE | Was it emotional to film that final scene with Charlie Hunnam?
Yeah. Yep. [Sighs] Charlie and I have been through a lot. That was pretty rough.

TVLINE | Who had a more difficult time during that scene?
I’d say it was rougher for him, but it may have been easier for him because then he could just plant it into whatever he was doing. And I had to just lay there like an idiot. Tommy Flanagan and Charlie have that scene they play over the blood and the sand. It’s a pretty good scene.

TVLINE | How about the series’ wrap party? Was that an emotional event, or was it a celebration?
They actually scheduled the wrap party two days in advance of the wrap party. And I had other commitments, so I could not attend the official wrap party. Which is horrible! [Laughs] A lot of people couldn’t go. But we had an unofficial wrap party with the boys and a lot of the crew. Since this is the last year, we’ve spent a lot of this season recalling old moments that we wanted to re-investigate. I don’t know if I’d call it reminiscing, but there was a lot of recalling of many, many, many things over the course of this whole season. By the time I left, we had done a lot of that.

TVLINE | Is there a standout moment from the series that you recall most often?
There’s a scene between Charlie and I that happens at the table between us. I believe it was Season 4, and we’re talking about why Clay couldn’t be killed. Jax wants to kill him. In fact, Bobby wants to kill him, too, but according to the laws of the club, he felt it wasn’t appropriate. And that scene was one of my favorite scenes that I did. In general, it’s the camaraderie that we’ve established between us as club members. And that spread out, too. Maggie [Siff] was definitely part of that, and that’s the thing that will stay with me through my whole life.

SPOILER ALERT: Character and storyline spoilers ahead for the “What a Piece of Work Is Man" episode of Sons of Anarchy.

Bobby Elvis has left the building. In Tuesday night's episode of Sons of Anarchy, Bobby Munson, SAMCRO’s most levelheaded and committed member, paid the ultimate price for SAMCRO president Jax's poor decisions, as SAMCRO enemy August Marks put a bullet in Bobby’s head. Now, with just four episodes left in Season 7 — and the series — SAMCRO's world continues to unravel, and the list of the club’s enemies, external and internal, continues to grow.

The loss of Bobby is also an emotionally devastating one to the club, and actor Mark Boone Junior, Bobby’s portrayer, talked to Yahoo TV about shooting his finale, what he thinks should have been Bobby's Sons of Anarchy ending, and where we’ll see him next (hint: there’s another big death scene in his future).

At what point did you find out Bobby was going to be killed off?
Pretty close to when it happened, which was back in August or September, when we shot all this stuff. I wasn’t really told much in advance. [But] this is absolutely the way I approached every day on this set, which is, you just didn’t get into the habit of predicting the future. It did no good to do that.

How did Bobby maintain his cool throughout this entire kidnapping by Marks and his people?
He's a badass! I used to have a half-wolf and somebody kidnapped him once, and I was to find out later that he just sat in the corner and put his back against the wall, you know, to protect himself. And if anything would have been done to him that he didn't like, those people would have found out what a real wolf is all about. And that's kind of what happened with Bobby. The episodes aren’t really reflective of some of the things that happened in that room. They had a little more trouble getting Bobby down on the ground when they cut off [his] hand.

Do you think August Marks and Moses ever had any intention of letting Bobby go back to the club alive?
Well, I would say that if Jax and the club had acquiesced sooner, right away maybe, then I don't think that… that's in hindsight, of course. But in hindsight, you would think maybe that that wouldn't have gone down like that. So maybe Jax has to live with that. I had never thought about that until you asked that question, actually.

I just saw the episode, too, so, when I think about how it went down and what Marks said, it's quite possible that had Jax, you know, given [the preacher's body] up right away, then Bobby might still be alive. Jax, you idiot!

The SOA cast is famously close. How difficult was it to film that final scene? There was probably a lot of genuine emotion coming forth there.
I'd say there was no acting required on the part of the players involved. From what I saw. I mean, I didn't get to see any of what they were doing, because I was laying there, on the ground, and in the back of the van. When Tommy (Flanagan) and Charlie (Hunnam) were doing that scene standing over my blood, over Bobby's blood, I was still laying in the background in the van. And I was there, and I go, "What the …? What is going on? Is this a 20-minute scene or what?" You know? And they were shooting the scene, and I didn't even know that. And Tommy came back and was like, “Boone! Boone! I’m trying to do something over here! What the hell is wrong with you?" I mean, very upset. He was already upset, and then he got very upset. So that was one of the funny things that happened, that was not that funny, but (everyone) was very emotional.

What did Chibs pick up off the ground in that scene? It was something of Bobby's?
The bullet cartridge. The one that killed Bobby.

Wow. Extra motivation that might ensure Bobby's promise to Moses that someone wearing a reaper is going to kill Moses in revenge comes to fruition?
Hmm. Maybe. Never thought about that, but, yeah, right.

If you could have chosen a different ending for Bobby, what would you have had happen for him?
That he would have ended up president of SAMCRO at the end of the series, because he should have been president like three seasons ago. Jax should just take a little seat, and take a rest, take a load off. Bobby’s the old guard. He wasn't one of the original nine, but he was very close, right on the heels of those guys. There's not much age difference between Bobby and Clay and Gemma… Bobby meant something even to Gemma, you know? They go back, way back, and Bobby was very much involved in the bringing up of Jax, and it's a big kind of a big hole created there with his death.

What's next for you?
Well, I just did a movie with Connie Stevens and Crispin Glover. We were filming it on the last day of officially shooting on Sons of Anarchy, and I was killed by Connie Stevens in the movie, too. Killed yet another time that day. And David Labrava (Happy on Sons of Anarchy) is directing a movie, and I'll be in that one, too.

You've done a lot of comedy, lots of theater, and collaborating with Steve Buscemi. Might something lighter be in your future after these TV and movie deaths?
Well, I actually shot a pilot that is very funny. With Brooke Smith. It’s about a dysfunctional family. We're married in it, and we get a roommate … I don’t know what’s going to happen with that, but it’s fantastic, very, very funny.

Is there more music in your future? I loved when you sang "It’s Only Make Believe" in "Greensleeves." And Paris Barclay said that was your choice, to sing that particular song.
I thought that was a pretty apt choice for that particular episode, that beginning of the unraveling of Bobby's life. It seemed like a fair choice. It's a Conway Twitty song, and a lot of people have covered it, but he was the one who really (made it a hit). And it's just a favorite song of mine.

It also seems like a song Elvis would have recorded, though he didn’t. It still seems extra Bobby appropriate. Will you record it?
Definitely, I'm really surprised Elvis didn't do that song, too. I don't know if I'll record it. I'm trying to work myself into making a record. I have a song out right now that's on Spotify and iTunes, "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)," the Sonny Bono-Cher song. It’s been pretty well-received. But I have always wanted to record "Make Believe," so maybe I'll get to it.

came here thinking i would see a lot of sorrow for Bobby but i still see the hatred still runs deep :lol:
which i don't get... this is ALL GEMMA'S FAULT! >: i CANNOT WAIT til she gets clapped!

Wifey had an interesting take on the situation last night...

She said she hopes EVERYONE dies, including the kids, and the only one alive is Gemma. Just so she has to suffer the rest of her life.

Gemma is the Lori of SOA.

We all want to see her dead. (though they never showed Lori getting brains blown out)

Back
Top Bottom