Sony Nex-5 Camera

I'm curious about the camera as well.
Or is a full DSLR a better way to go?

I'm a camera newb btw.

I'm curious about the camera as well.
Or is a full DSLR a better way to go?

I'm a camera newb btw.

dslr >

for the price you can get a canon t1i/t2i, Nikon D3100 etc.. And if you got a RFX budget 
tongue.gif
7D, 5D, D700 are the way to go..

dslr >

for the price you can get a canon t1i/t2i, Nikon D3100 etc.. And if you got a RFX budget 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

dslr >

tongue.gif

roll.gif

Maybe when I get my camera skills up. I still can;t figure out how ot use my G10 properly and just got a new S95 last week, still playing around with it but I think that is about my camera skill level.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

dslr >

tongue.gif

roll.gif

Maybe when I get my camera skills up. I still can;t figure out how ot use my G10 properly and just got a new S95 last week, still playing around with it but I think that is about my camera skill level.

I want to get one as well, but I want Canon to make a micro four thirds camera as well. Yea dslr are great but i need something for portability use. This will do the job.

I want to get one as well, but I want Canon to make a micro four thirds camera as well. Yea dslr are great but i need something for portability use. This will do the job.

Is that considered portable? The lens are huge on this camera.
I guess to me portable means you can put it in your pocket and that is why I bought the S95.

I guess to me portable means you can put it in your pocket and that is why I bought the S95.

I like the t2i but I need something easy my wife can use also. I have to invest in a good camera, my daughter just turned 5 months and my old camera isn't doing the job anymore. She is growing up too fast

I like the t2i but I need something easy my wife can use also. I have to invest in a good camera, my daughter just turned 5 months and my old camera isn't doing the job anymore. She is growing up too fast

Originally Posted by RFX45

You can use the shorter lens, but yeah in terms of size i'll consider both the nex-3 and nex-5 portable professional cameras.

Originally Posted by RFX45

You can use the shorter lens, but yeah in terms of size i'll consider both the nex-3 and nex-5 portable professional cameras.

Originally Posted by MaxwellEdison828

I've always heard that the Cannon 7D is the way to go if possible or the 5D

5D for photos. 
7D for music videos etc. 

Honestly...you don't NEEEEEEEED a 5D unless you got hella cake to spend or you're into certain industries. 

All I can say is...lenses, lenseslenseslenses, lenses!

It's all about what glass you're attaching.  Even if you're not a pro photographer....

One of my boys bought an old Nikon D60 and only had 1 old solid lens, and took the most amazing photos. 

Thats what I am aiming for, a professional portable camera. I lug around enough things with the baby. I like the canon t2i but I just don't think I need all the things it offers right now. I just wanted to know if the Sony was a good investment. I know the canon is but I just want something portable

Originally Posted by MaxwellEdison828

I've always heard that the Cannon 7D is the way to go if possible or the 5D

5D for photos. 
7D for music videos etc. 

Honestly...you don't NEEEEEEEED a 5D unless you got hella cake to spend or you're into certain industries. 

All I can say is...lenses, lenseslenseslenses, lenses!

It's all about what glass you're attaching.  Even if you're not a pro photographer....

One of my boys bought an old Nikon D60 and only had 1 old solid lens, and took the most amazing photos. 

Back
Top Bottom