Sony Suing Code Crackers Over PS3 Jailbreak

Online are a major part in certain games and for the hardcore all your trophies would be wiped out .

I think some are concerned about getting banned because banning the system means no access to updates or anything at all potentially so any updates to hardware or software would mean having to spend hundreds of dollars on a new system. The guys who take the time out to do this for an emulator or burned games really are dedicated fans of the system and would probably just buy another one.

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to go through for games now. 
Man I really aged myself talking about burned ps1 games 
laugh.gif

I think some are concerned about getting banned because banning the system means no access to updates or anything at all potentially so any updates to hardware or software would mean having to spend hundreds of dollars on a new system. The guys who take the time out to do this for an emulator or burned games really are dedicated fans of the system and would probably just buy another one.

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to go through for games now. 
Man I really aged myself talking about burned ps1 games 
laugh.gif

I mean, the way i'm looking at it, a BD burner costs less than $100 nowadays, BDs are (relatively) cheap as hell compared to the days of them being $15 a piece back in 08

These investments pay for themselves, as did buying a 2x CD burner at $250 back in the old days

I mean, the way i'm looking at it, a BD burner costs less than $100 nowadays, BDs are (relatively) cheap as hell compared to the days of them being $15 a piece back in 08

These investments pay for themselves, as did buying a 2x CD burner at $250 back in the old days

Originally Posted by JayMyers

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to engage in for games. Its easier to just rent the games now then invest so much time to play it.
how big are these ps3 games? 15+ gigs?! an xbox game fits on a DL-DVD-R just fine.... thought it was the case for ps3, or at least the same size, just not burnable, but able to put on a HDD...

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to engage in for games. Its easier to just rent the games now then invest so much time to play it.
how big are these ps3 games? 15+ gigs?! an xbox game fits on a DL-DVD-R just fine.... thought it was the case for ps3, or at least the same size, just not burnable, but able to put on a HDD...

I'm seeing people buying 1TB Hard Drives so they can download and boot the game from the HD. I don't think they have to go through the ps1/ps2 process of burning it on a disk.

I'm seeing people buying 1TB Hard Drives so they can download and boot the game from the HD. I don't think they have to go through the ps1/ps2 process of burning it on a disk.

You guys have the great advances in technology now though plus the lower prices for everything to get started makes it so pretty much anyone can do it who knows how to watch youtube.
I remember using a spring in the back of the ps1 with some kind of program to play japanese and burned games but you had to leave the lid open or something like that. It sounds like its come a long way since then 
laugh.gif

You guys have the great advances in technology now though plus the lower prices for everything to get started makes it so pretty much anyone can do it who knows how to watch youtube.
I remember using a spring in the back of the ps1 with some kind of program to play japanese and burned games but you had to leave the lid open or something like that. It sounds like its come a long way since then 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I used a Play Action Replay connected to the back of my OG PSX and had to use a disk swap method for mine
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I used a Play Action Replay connected to the back of my OG PSX and had to use a disk swap method for mine
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by fresh prince of Sactown

It's the exclusive games that are massive. GT5 is 19GB, Metal Gear Solid 4 is 30GB and GOWIII is 35GB

It's the exclusive games that are massive. GT5 is 19GB, Metal Gear Solid 4 is 30GB and GOWIII is 35GB

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I remember using a spring in the back of the ps1 with some kind of program to play japanese and burned games but you had to leave the lid open or something like that. It sounds like its come a long way since then�
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
so let me guess this doesn't work for the ps3 slim

I remember using a spring in the back of the ps1 with some kind of program to play japanese and burned games but you had to leave the lid open or something like that. It sounds like its come a long way since then�
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
smokin.gif
so let me guess this doesn't work for the ps3 slim

Why are some of you so concerned over getting banned?

This is PSN NOT XBL, this %*!# is FREE
laugh.gif
I dont have a PS3 but on XBOX they ban the CONSOLE not the gamertag. If Sony is smart they will ban the consoles. But then again modding a xbox 360 is totally different the modding a ps3.

Why are some of you so concerned over getting banned?

This is PSN NOT XBL, this %*!# is FREE
laugh.gif
I dont have a PS3 but on XBOX they ban the CONSOLE not the gamertag. If Sony is smart they will ban the consoles. But then again modding a xbox 360 is totally different the modding a ps3.

Originally Posted by ddouble

Biggest problem right there. And unless you usenet now way you are going to even max your speed out so it will take forever for certain PS3 games to download. How long you guys think someone is going to want to seed a PS3 torrent for?

Biggest problem right there. And unless you usenet now way you are going to even max your speed out so it will take forever for certain PS3 games to download. How long you guys think someone is going to want to seed a PS3 torrent for?

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

after games are scrubbed i don't think they'll be anywhere near those numbers.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

after games are scrubbed i don't think they'll be anywhere near those numbers.

Back
Top Bottom