Sony Suing Code Crackers Over PS3 Jailbreak

i'ma put my videos up in a few. it'll be a min because they're kinda long but you get to see me play a lil bit of mvsf, tmnt arcade, simpsons arcade and super mario world. i also explained how to map buttons a lil bit and certain options. i might do a vid just on the options with these emulators because info seems scarce and somebody might need help.

if you are on an hdtv and aren't going into options then you're selling yourself short IMO.

Wait, so I DON'T have to downgrade my firmware? Cuz my friend did this to his PS3 and had to downgrade his firmware by restoring everything and losing everything. I was gonna do it to mine, but I figured it's not worth it.
Also, is it true that there's gonna be a Wii emulator? I'd love to play TvC on my PS3.

Wait, so I DON'T have to downgrade my firmware? Cuz my friend did this to his PS3 and had to downgrade his firmware by restoring everything and losing everything. I was gonna do it to mine, but I figured it's not worth it.
Also, is it true that there's gonna be a Wii emulator? I'd love to play TvC on my PS3.

is it too late for me to buy a ps3 to do this?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by debs 168

if you are on an hdtv and aren't going into options then you're selling yourself short IMO.
'Splain lucy!
LimitedRetroOG wrote:

No sir, as long as you're on 3.55 just install geohots update and bingo that's it.

Originally Posted by debs 168

'Splain lucy!
LimitedRetroOG wrote:

No sir, as long as you're on 3.55 just install geohots update and bingo that's it.

wii emulator in the works along with a dreamcast emulator. some people are already playing online with games on 3.55
sick.gif

wii emulator in the works along with a dreamcast emulator. some people are already playing online with games on 3.55
sick.gif

for snes 9x press L3+R3 (the two analog sticks on the ps controller) to go into the menu and press select to go to the options screen. from there i turn overscan all the way up. the image is smaller but its snes perfect. it looks exactly as it would on the snes. you also have access to shaders to get different looks (like playing with scanlines, for instance). if you're on a standard def tv you might have to do different settings, if at all.

for fbanext, you HAVE to map the buttons properly, unless you're just playing a beat em up or something. press L1+L2+R1+R2 and a set of options will pop up in the upper left of the screen. you can button map from there.

you NEED the latest fba to be able to even do that or see roms, tho.

my first vid will be ready in 85 min lol. i shoulda made them shorter but oh well.

*edit*
in fbanext, in the first screen with your roms, you can press select to bring up options where you can alter the screen size, use different shaders, etc. but you gotta be *in game* to map buttons and you have to press L1+L2+R1+R2 at the same time in order to do so.

hope that helps.
smile.gif

for snes 9x press L3+R3 (the two analog sticks on the ps controller) to go into the menu and press select to go to the options screen. from there i turn overscan all the way up. the image is smaller but its snes perfect. it looks exactly as it would on the snes. you also have access to shaders to get different looks (like playing with scanlines, for instance). if you're on a standard def tv you might have to do different settings, if at all.

for fbanext, you HAVE to map the buttons properly, unless you're just playing a beat em up or something. press L1+L2+R1+R2 and a set of options will pop up in the upper left of the screen. you can button map from there.

you NEED the latest fba to be able to even do that or see roms, tho.

my first vid will be ready in 85 min lol. i shoulda made them shorter but oh well.

*edit*
in fbanext, in the first screen with your roms, you can press select to bring up options where you can alter the screen size, use different shaders, etc. but you gotta be *in game* to map buttons and you have to press L1+L2+R1+R2 at the same time in order to do so.

hope that helps.
smile.gif

i'll post the last vid a lil later.

two notes:

-i don't play norimaro at all...so yeah lol.
ohwell.gif

-yo marge has hips lol. check out 4:45 in the second vid.
pimp.gif

i'll post the last vid a lil later.

two notes:

-i don't play norimaro at all...so yeah lol.
ohwell.gif

-yo marge has hips lol. check out 4:45 in the second vid.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by ddouble

Originally Posted by fresh prince of Sactown

Originally Posted by JayMyers

I think some are concerned about getting banned because banning the system means no access to updates or anything at all potentially so any updates to hardware or software would mean having to spend hundreds of dollars on a new system. The guys who take the time out to do this for an emulator or burned games really are dedicated fans of the system and would probably just buy another one.

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to engage in for games. Its easier to just rent the games now then invest so much time to play it.
how big are these ps3 games? 15+ gigs?! an xbox game fits on a DL-DVD-R just fine.... thought it was the case for ps3, or at least the same size, just not burnable, but able to put on a HDD...
It's the exclusive games that are massive. GT5 is 19GB, Metal Gear Solid 4 is 30GB and GOWIII is 35GB
Biggest problem right there. And unless you usenet now way you are going to even max your speed out so it will take forever for certain PS3 games to download. How long you guys think someone is going to want to seed a PS3 torrent for?
after games are scrubbed i don't think they'll be anywhere near those numbers.
By scrub do you mean ripped (ie compressed/taken out bloated files) if so what is stopping sony from doing a CRC check on the games? On the Xbox you cant even played pirated games without matching the CRC of the retail game or you will be flagged for banning.
true
unlike the 360 the ps3's blu-ray drive hasn't been flashed, so the possibility of running a burnt blu-ray disk isn't going to happen.

the problem i think Sony has with the jailbreak is like the Wii the ps3 can now play backed up or copied games off a external drive or USB. unlike the 360 now they have no way of checking CRC on a disks like usain said

Originally Posted by ddouble

Originally Posted by fresh prince of Sactown

Originally Posted by JayMyers

I think some are concerned about getting banned because banning the system means no access to updates or anything at all potentially so any updates to hardware or software would mean having to spend hundreds of dollars on a new system. The guys who take the time out to do this for an emulator or burned games really are dedicated fans of the system and would probably just buy another one.

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to engage in for games. Its easier to just rent the games now then invest so much time to play it.
how big are these ps3 games? 15+ gigs?! an xbox game fits on a DL-DVD-R just fine.... thought it was the case for ps3, or at least the same size, just not burnable, but able to put on a HDD...
It's the exclusive games that are massive. GT5 is 19GB, Metal Gear Solid 4 is 30GB and GOWIII is 35GB
Biggest problem right there. And unless you usenet now way you are going to even max your speed out so it will take forever for certain PS3 games to download. How long you guys think someone is going to want to seed a PS3 torrent for?
after games are scrubbed i don't think they'll be anywhere near those numbers.
By scrub do you mean ripped (ie compressed/taken out bloated files) if so what is stopping sony from doing a CRC check on the games? On the Xbox you cant even played pirated games without matching the CRC of the retail game or you will be flagged for banning.
true
unlike the 360 the ps3's blu-ray drive hasn't been flashed, so the possibility of running a burnt blu-ray disk isn't going to happen.

the problem i think Sony has with the jailbreak is like the Wii the ps3 can now play backed up or copied games off a external drive or USB. unlike the 360 now they have no way of checking CRC on a disks like usain said

Back
Top Bottom