pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by ddouble

Originally Posted by fresh prince of Sactown

Originally Posted by JayMyers

I think some are concerned about getting banned because banning the system means no access to updates or anything at all potentially so any updates to hardware or software would mean having to spend hundreds of dollars on a new system. The guys who take the time out to do this for an emulator or burned games really are dedicated fans of the system and would probably just buy another one.

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to engage in for games. Its easier to just rent the games now then invest so much time to play it.
how big are these ps3 games? 15+ gigs?! an xbox game fits on a DL-DVD-R just fine.... thought it was the case for ps3, or at least the same size, just not burnable, but able to put on a HDD...
It's the exclusive games that are massive. GT5 is 19GB, Metal Gear Solid 4 is 30GB and GOWIII is 35GB
Biggest problem right there. And unless you usenet now way you are going to even max your speed out so it will take forever for certain PS3 games to download. How long you guys think someone is going to want to seed a PS3 torrent for?
after games are scrubbed i don't think they'll be anywhere near those numbers.
By scrub do you mean ripped (ie compressed/taken out bloated files) if so what is stopping sony from doing a CRC check on the games? On the Xbox you cant even played pirated games without matching the CRC of the retail game or you will be flagged for banning.

I think some are concerned about getting banned because banning the system means no access to updates or anything at all potentially so any updates to hardware or software would mean having to spend hundreds of dollars on a new system. The guys who take the time out to do this for an emulator or burned games really are dedicated fans of the system and would probably just buy another one.

This isn't PS1 anymore where a burned game needed less than a gig and a cd-r disc. Having to download 15+ plus gigs for games, get a burner, and get the software seems like a very time consuming process to engage in for games. Its easier to just rent the games now then invest so much time to play it.
how big are these ps3 games? 15+ gigs?! an xbox game fits on a DL-DVD-R just fine.... thought it was the case for ps3, or at least the same size, just not burnable, but able to put on a HDD...
It's the exclusive games that are massive. GT5 is 19GB, Metal Gear Solid 4 is 30GB and GOWIII is 35GB
Biggest problem right there. And unless you usenet now way you are going to even max your speed out so it will take forever for certain PS3 games to download. How long you guys think someone is going to want to seed a PS3 torrent for?
By scrub do you mean ripped (ie compressed/taken out bloated files) if so what is stopping sony from doing a CRC check on the games? On the Xbox you cant even played pirated games without matching the CRC of the retail game or you will be flagged for banning.

This does work on slims. You just have to downgrade from 3.55 or whatever firmware u have to get it to 3.41. I just did my friends slim with 3.55 on it. I had to put the ps3 in service mode, then put the lv2 self file and the ps firmware on a usb stick. Then used my android phone to put in in service mode to start downgrading. It doesnt take long at all but if you are not a computer guy, make sure you have the right downgrade file and the right rom flashed on your phone containing the downgrade. If you don't use the right files, you may loose your bluray playback capabilities. And from what I hear its a b*$#@ to get back up. Not to mention you may brick your ps3. No one cares about ps3 backups except the pirates. The main reason these hackers are working on this is because Sony took away OtherOS and Linux. I'm currently playing GT5 on my PS3 now. Had to patch the Eboot file, but since Geohat and Fail0verflow released the master keys, this is nothing but editing the hex files to show the game is a lower firmware. Sony can't fix this but to reissue new hardware at this point.

This does work on slims. You just have to downgrade from 3.55 or whatever firmware u have to get it to 3.41. I just did my friends slim with 3.55 on it. I had to put the ps3 in service mode, then put the lv2 self file and the ps firmware on a usb stick. Then used my android phone to put in in service mode to start downgrading. It doesnt take long at all but if you are not a computer guy, make sure you have the right downgrade file and the right rom flashed on your phone containing the downgrade. If you don't use the right files, you may loose your bluray playback capabilities. And from what I hear its a b*$#@ to get back up. Not to mention you may brick your ps3. No one cares about ps3 backups except the pirates. The main reason these hackers are working on this is because Sony took away OtherOS and Linux. I'm currently playing GT5 on my PS3 now. Had to patch the Eboot file, but since Geohat and Fail0verflow released the master keys, this is nothing but editing the hex files to show the game is a lower firmware. Sony can't fix this but to reissue new hardware at this point.

no you don't. i have a slim with 3.55 firmware and just jailbroke with 3.55 custom firmware from geohot. you don't have to downgrade anything and it can be slim, fat, whatever.

no you don't. i have a slim with 3.55 firmware and just jailbroke with 3.55 custom firmware from geohot. you don't have to downgrade anything and it can be slim, fat, whatever.

true

true

i'ma put my videos up in a few. it'll be a min because they're kinda long but you get to see me play a lil bit of mvsf, tmnt arcade, simpsons arcade and super mario world. i also explained how to map buttons a lil bit and certain options. i might do a vid just on the options with these emulators because info seems scarce and somebody might need help.

if you are on an hdtv and aren't going into options then you're selling yourself short IMO.

Back
Top Bottom