Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

do you know how much good basketball we have been robbed of,just because players play for money and not to win.

Easily one of the BEST points in the entire thread....

you really can't understand why people are pissed that someone who calls himself the "king" and "chosen one" took the easy way out?

destroyed his legacy and place in NBA history? at such a young age to go chasing rings?

people are out of their minds if they think lebron is about to get more MVP awards.

you really can't understand why people are pissed that someone who calls himself the "king" and "chosen one" took the easy way out?

destroyed his legacy and place in NBA history? at such a young age to go chasing rings?

people are out of their minds if they think lebron is about to get more MVP awards.

I just can't say Lebron is more hated. Yeah maybe Cleveland has turned on him, however Lebron's image has ALWAYS been media driven.
I don't like Lebron for two reasons, his attitude and the image that is spoon fed to people. It's rediculous how many people base their opinions
on what mainstream tells them to think. ESPN tells you Lebron is the best, because they NEED him to be the best. Lebron's legacy will be fine
as far as individual accolades, however I don't see him winning with this team.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Bro...Legacies are CEMENTED by the rings you win.  Especially early on in his career.  If Lebron wins 4 rings in Miami, a lot will be forgotten.  What's the main objective in the NBA?  To WIN championships.  This is not like a 37 year old Gary Payton signing on w. the Heat...this is not like a over-the-hill Mitch Richmond singing on with the Lakers, etc etc....that being said, how's his legacy going to look if he stayed in Cleveland and didn't win anything?  He'll go down with the likes of Pat Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, etc.  All great players, but what's the first thing people talk about when discussing those guys in conversation?  This was the ideal time for Lebron to leave.  He's in his prime, mid-20's, and he knows this is the best chance he has to win NBA titles.  I don't see how this is the easy way out.  His expectations for winning are through the roof and there is an immense amount of pressure on him to deliver. 
laugh.gif
@ him destroying his legacy.  C'mon...be serious. 

I just can't say Lebron is more hated. Yeah maybe Cleveland has turned on him, however Lebron's image has ALWAYS been media driven.
I don't like Lebron for two reasons, his attitude and the image that is spoon fed to people. It's rediculous how many people base their opinions
on what mainstream tells them to think. ESPN tells you Lebron is the best, because they NEED him to be the best. Lebron's legacy will be fine
as far as individual accolades, however I don't see him winning with this team.

Bro...Legacies are CEMENTED by the rings you win.  Especially early on in his career.  If Lebron wins 4 rings in Miami, a lot will be forgotten.  What's the main objective in the NBA?  To WIN championships.  This is not like a 37 year old Gary Payton signing on w. the Heat...this is not like a over-the-hill Mitch Richmond singing on with the Lakers, etc etc....that being said, how's his legacy going to look if he stayed in Cleveland and didn't win anything?  He'll go down with the likes of Pat Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, etc.  All great players, but what's the first thing people talk about when discussing those guys in conversation?  This was the ideal time for Lebron to leave.  He's in his prime, mid-20's, and he knows this is the best chance he has to win NBA titles.  I don't see how this is the easy way out.  His expectations for winning are through the roof and there is an immense amount of pressure on him to deliver. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Man, i find it HILARIOUS that people who complain about him ruining his legacy aren't even FANS or supporters of Lebron.  These dudes were just itching for ANY "new" excuse to hate him some more.  Y'all hated him before the the 2009-2010 season even started and y'all hate him now.  Stop the fronting and just say "i don't like Lebron because he's taking away from my favorite player's shine."  Y'all talking bout him ruining his legacy as if you guys were EVER supporters OF his legacy.  Y'all act like you guys were rooting for him to get a ring and *!%%. 

The ONLY reason y'all should be mad is the self promoting hour long special he had.  That was straight up stupid and unnecessary but don't hate on the guy because he wants to win.  Everyone trying to compare Kobe's situation and Bron's as if it were even the same thing.  Kobe stayed because that fool was THIRSTING to be the man.  Lebron is okay with being a TEAM player.  If Kobe started off as the man, never won a thing, and the future of his team's flexibility looked dim as hell, please believe that fool would've bolted T.I.P ASAP.  Hell, he was already demanding a trade until he got lucky and his team stole Pau Gasol from the dumb *+* Grizzlies.

I don't get how you can hate on a athlete that wants to go to the best situation to WIN.  Isn't that what EVERY athlete wants?  Is to win??  This is probably the most UNSELFISH thing he's ever done.  He took waaaaay less money, as did the other guys, because their MAIN focus is to win.  So where's the crime in that?  Oh, because you guys feel he should do it on his "own" right?  How funny that everyone always cries about basketball being a TEAM game yet when someone does do something that is ALL about THE team, you guys want to rip his head off.

Seriously, stop the frontin and BS excuses and just say "we would've hated Lebron REGARDLESS of what he did."
Here's my question.  By taking less money, is that just cheating the salary cap to rack up championships.  Where do you draw the line on taking less money?  What if LeBron and Wade decided they wanted to play for the Lakers for the minimum. 

What real basketball fan wants to see players cheat the salary cap by taking way less money just to build up a dream team of the best 3-5 players in the league. 

roll.gif
These dudes gonna go like 98-1.  

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Man, i find it HILARIOUS that people who complain about him ruining his legacy aren't even FANS or supporters of Lebron.  These dudes were just itching for ANY "new" excuse to hate him some more.  Y'all hated him before the the 2009-2010 season even started and y'all hate him now.  Stop the fronting and just say "i don't like Lebron because he's taking away from my favorite player's shine."  Y'all talking bout him ruining his legacy as if you guys were EVER supporters OF his legacy.  Y'all act like you guys were rooting for him to get a ring and *!%%. 

The ONLY reason y'all should be mad is the self promoting hour long special he had.  That was straight up stupid and unnecessary but don't hate on the guy because he wants to win.  Everyone trying to compare Kobe's situation and Bron's as if it were even the same thing.  Kobe stayed because that fool was THIRSTING to be the man.  Lebron is okay with being a TEAM player.  If Kobe started off as the man, never won a thing, and the future of his team's flexibility looked dim as hell, please believe that fool would've bolted T.I.P ASAP.  Hell, he was already demanding a trade until he got lucky and his team stole Pau Gasol from the dumb *+* Grizzlies.

I don't get how you can hate on a athlete that wants to go to the best situation to WIN.  Isn't that what EVERY athlete wants?  Is to win??  This is probably the most UNSELFISH thing he's ever done.  He took waaaaay less money, as did the other guys, because their MAIN focus is to win.  So where's the crime in that?  Oh, because you guys feel he should do it on his "own" right?  How funny that everyone always cries about basketball being a TEAM game yet when someone does do something that is ALL about THE team, you guys want to rip his head off.

Seriously, stop the frontin and BS excuses and just say "we would've hated Lebron REGARDLESS of what he did."
Here's my question.  By taking less money, is that just cheating the salary cap to rack up championships.  Where do you draw the line on taking less money?  What if LeBron and Wade decided they wanted to play for the Lakers for the minimum. 

What real basketball fan wants to see players cheat the salary cap by taking way less money just to build up a dream team of the best 3-5 players in the league. 

roll.gif
These dudes gonna go like 98-1.  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Legacies are sealed by leading the team to rings.  Not just being on the team.  Who gets the most respect for the Lakers last two championships?  Kobe.  Not Pau Gasol.  Not Lamar Odom. 

We'll see how it plays out in Miami.  LeBron could dominate and play the leading role and build his legacy, or he could be the "Robin" and his legacy will take a hit. 

laugh.gif

Legacies are sealed by leading the team to rings.  Not just being on the team.  Who gets the most respect for the Lakers last two championships?  Kobe.  Not Pau Gasol.  Not Lamar Odom. 

We'll see how it plays out in Miami.  LeBron could dominate and play the leading role and build his legacy, or he could be the "Robin" and his legacy will take a hit. 

laugh.gif

i have more respect for payton because he worked his %*+ off until he knew he couldn't win a championship. i have respect for malone, chuck, ewing for trying to win as "the man"

this is the CHOSEN ONE. when the CHOSEN ONE goes to Wade's team with Bosh you are officially scared of competition and you are no king. if he doesn't market himself as the greatets thing since sliced bread or jesus, then there won't be as much basklash.

why do you think it was stay in ohio or go to miami? those were the only choices? people are calling him a ring chasing vagina if he goes to bulls/knicks/clippers?

he didn't join this team because he would do anything to be a winner, he joined this team because he is scared of losing and dissapointment. if you have a pick up game and the three best players join up and cream the three average players, what are they proud of?

the whole chosen one and king shtick are part of his legacy and part of the reaosn people are mad, stop bypassing the point. imagine MJ joined the pistons after they kicked his %*+? or Ewing went to the bulls. +$!+ would be sickening  he just robbed the NBA of alot of rivalries and of watching someone who might be the greatest ever.

prepare for Durant to be the face of teh league now.

laugh.gif

i have more respect for payton because he worked his %*+ off until he knew he couldn't win a championship. i have respect for malone, chuck, ewing for trying to win as "the man"

this is the CHOSEN ONE. when the CHOSEN ONE goes to Wade's team with Bosh you are officially scared of competition and you are no king. if he doesn't market himself as the greatets thing since sliced bread or jesus, then there won't be as much basklash.

why do you think it was stay in ohio or go to miami? those were the only choices? people are calling him a ring chasing vagina if he goes to bulls/knicks/clippers?

he didn't join this team because he would do anything to be a winner, he joined this team because he is scared of losing and dissapointment. if you have a pick up game and the three best players join up and cream the three average players, what are they proud of?

the whole chosen one and king shtick are part of his legacy and part of the reaosn people are mad, stop bypassing the point. imagine MJ joined the pistons after they kicked his %*+? or Ewing went to the bulls. +$!+ would be sickening  he just robbed the NBA of alot of rivalries and of watching someone who might be the greatest ever.

In some ways I can understand Lebron's decision to join the Heat with Bosh and Wade...in others it leaves room for criticism on how he orchestrated this "sincere" attempt at wanting to stay with the Cavs when he knew his heart was set on leaving anyway...

I remember clearly watching the Celtics beat the Cavs in the playoffs this year, and the camera zooming in on Lebron as he walked through the tunnel and immediately removed his jersey as if it was an omen that he was done with the Cavs....

I respect Lebron's talents more than any other player in the league because the guy is phenomenal on the court. But in some ways it makes you scratch your head when you see marketing ads from Nike talking about "Loyalty" and things of that nature..when he clearly had an organization that was willing to supply anything he wanted in order to remain a Cavalier....I know some people are gonna say Lebron is "loyal" to Akron, but many of those same people from Akron would have wanted Lebron to get his ring in Cleveland instead of high $ markets like NY, Chicago, or Miami...

From a business perspective, it's the perfect move from Lebron...part of me hoped he would've stayed in Cleveland and help that franchise get it's first bit of championship respectability the way MJ did in the early 90's for a previously irrelevant Bulls organization..and I am NOT a Cavs fan either saying this.

But what's done is done...hope the best for Lebron. He still is untapped potential and apparently has what he wanted.....just don't preach "loyalty" in Nike ads when it is clearly about Lebron and his best interests...that's all I'm sayin'...
grin.gif

In some ways I can understand Lebron's decision to join the Heat with Bosh and Wade...in others it leaves room for criticism on how he orchestrated this "sincere" attempt at wanting to stay with the Cavs when he knew his heart was set on leaving anyway...

I remember clearly watching the Celtics beat the Cavs in the playoffs this year, and the camera zooming in on Lebron as he walked through the tunnel and immediately removed his jersey as if it was an omen that he was done with the Cavs....

I respect Lebron's talents more than any other player in the league because the guy is phenomenal on the court. But in some ways it makes you scratch your head when you see marketing ads from Nike talking about "Loyalty" and things of that nature..when he clearly had an organization that was willing to supply anything he wanted in order to remain a Cavalier....I know some people are gonna say Lebron is "loyal" to Akron, but many of those same people from Akron would have wanted Lebron to get his ring in Cleveland instead of high $ markets like NY, Chicago, or Miami...

From a business perspective, it's the perfect move from Lebron...part of me hoped he would've stayed in Cleveland and help that franchise get it's first bit of championship respectability the way MJ did in the early 90's for a previously irrelevant Bulls organization..and I am NOT a Cavs fan either saying this.

But what's done is done...hope the best for Lebron. He still is untapped potential and apparently has what he wanted.....just don't preach "loyalty" in Nike ads when it is clearly about Lebron and his best interests...that's all I'm sayin'...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

laugh.gif

Legacies are sealed by leading the team to rings.
  Not just being on the team.  Who gets the most respect for the Lakers last two championships?  Kobe.  Not Pau Gasol.  Not Lamar Odom. 

Wrong.  If you're a star in the NBA, your legacy is cemented by the rings that you win.  Again, a star in the NBA.  Lebron is held to a different standard than 99% of everyone else in the league.  Kevin Garnett had a damn good career, but he will leave the NBA with a ring.  Legacy cemented.  It goes on and on. 

laugh.gif

Not just being on the team.  Who gets the most respect for the Lakers last two championships?  Kobe.  Not Pau Gasol.  Not Lamar Odom. 

Wrong.  If you're a star in the NBA, your legacy is cemented by the rings that you win.  Again, a star in the NBA.  Lebron is held to a different standard than 99% of everyone else in the league.  Kevin Garnett had a damn good career, but he will leave the NBA with a ring.  Legacy cemented.  It goes on and on. 

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Lebron is held to a different standard than 99% of everyone else in the league. 

who's fault is that? maybe it's the fault of the kid who called himself the "king" and "chosen one"

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Lebron is held to a different standard than 99% of everyone else in the league. 

who's fault is that? maybe it's the fault of the kid who called himself the "king" and "chosen one"

laugh.gif

So because Lebron realized at an earlier age that he can't win a championship in Cleveland, you're going to hold him to a different standard than Payton and Richmond?  You contradicted yourself.  As I said in another post, Dan Gilbert mortgaged the franchise by taking on horrible contracts.  Even if they had re-signed Lebron, there was little to no flexibility on that roster to make an immediate impact.  It would be more of the same.  Why blame Lebron for putting himself in a better situation to win a ring?  The Cleveland team had reached it's ceiling.  They tried a bunch of things, and ultimately it didn't work.  That's how things go in sports.  Not every assembled team is going to work, be cohesive, or win championships.  I think a lot of people are hating on the man without being the least bit objective. 

You can't be serious about KD being the face of the league.  I love his humility, and how he carries himself...but let's be serious. 

laugh.gif

So because Lebron realized at an earlier age that he can't win a championship in Cleveland, you're going to hold him to a different standard than Payton and Richmond?  You contradicted yourself.  As I said in another post, Dan Gilbert mortgaged the franchise by taking on horrible contracts.  Even if they had re-signed Lebron, there was little to no flexibility on that roster to make an immediate impact.  It would be more of the same.  Why blame Lebron for putting himself in a better situation to win a ring?  The Cleveland team had reached it's ceiling.  They tried a bunch of things, and ultimately it didn't work.  That's how things go in sports.  Not every assembled team is going to work, be cohesive, or win championships.  I think a lot of people are hating on the man without being the least bit objective. 

You can't be serious about KD being the face of the league.  I love his humility, and how he carries himself...but let's be serious. 

laugh.gif

I agree for the most part with what you said. However, personally I thought he had the type of Michael Jordan like drive and discipline to get it done in the same city that drafted him. But maybe it's a different day and age in the NBA, and part of my recollection of great talent that did win championships in the 80's and 90's like Bird, Magic, and Jordan, was that they did have pieces around them like all great teams do today but instilled the sense of loyalty and persistence in themselves and throughout their respective teams...

laugh.gif

I agree for the most part with what you said. However, personally I thought he had the type of Michael Jordan like drive and discipline to get it done in the same city that drafted him. But maybe it's a different day and age in the NBA, and part of my recollection of great talent that did win championships in the 80's and 90's like Bird, Magic, and Jordan, was that they did have pieces around them like all great teams do today but instilled the sense of loyalty and persistence in themselves and throughout their respective teams...

Anyone that watches the game knows that LeBron is the best in the League. He's had a two year run from ages 24-25 where that has been the case. Now say he gets some rings how does that take away from his greatness? He can say he had the seasons with great individual success and then the seasons with great team success. So b/c he doesn't put it together in one season he's not as great? Not many MVP's historically win a ring the same year they win the award.

Honestly I can see him getting 20 10 10, (if these guys really play unselfishly Wade could approach 20 10 as could Bosh) MVP's for these guys "isn't really far fetched"

Anyone that watches the game knows that LeBron is the best in the League. He's had a two year run from ages 24-25 where that has been the case. Now say he gets some rings how does that take away from his greatness? He can say he had the seasons with great individual success and then the seasons with great team success. So b/c he doesn't put it together in one season he's not as great? Not many MVP's historically win a ring the same year they win the award.

Honestly I can see him getting 20 10 10, (if these guys really play unselfishly Wade could approach 20 10 as could Bosh) MVP's for these guys "isn't really far fetched"

Back
Top Bottom