Sooooo WAIIIT, Being GAY is the new BLACK???

that is a slap in the face to all our leaders and ancestors that marched and protested.

being gay is not equal to being black!

Blacks don't have the right to choose their color. Blacks can't get their spouses benefits just cause their black.

I don't condone it (unless its 2 lesbos and me
pimp.gif
) especially with men. its too many fine women in every shade and shape for that b s. men need to bemen, its as simple as that.

I never said anything about race. My argument was against those saying it is purely a choice.
oh well this may not be the correct thread
nerd.gif

there's also another one regarding homosexuality and specifically the possibility of genetic causation

ladies, check your fingers....you may be gay.

laugh.gif

jk
ok. im out.

How is anyone supposed to move forward when people are more worried about "who has/had it worse"?

As a black community, I would think knowing what these people are going through, you would be the first to step-up and support them, rather than shouting howthey are different.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

How is anyone supposed to move forward when people are more worried about "who has/had it worse"?

As a black community, I would think knowing what these people are going through, you would be the first to step-up and support them, rather than shouting how they are different.
good post i agree but for them to compare there struggle to the black community is reaching imo

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I find very few things funnier than the African American who is offended by someone or some group being called 'the new black.'

wait....
nerd.gif

ok. now Im out.

(no hate, just an observation)

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

Gay is not the new black and again the use of that slogan is a complete slap in the face of the people who are dealing the discrimination of being gay AND black. Many whom I've grown up around.
The gay rights movement is still separated and still full of selfish, out of touch jack !#%%% asking for unity and they won't even unite in their own damn community. It was always a White and sometimes asian GLBT fight. I cannot take them seriously any longer.

same thing in black community back then in the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960's and some of it is still present today.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

Gay is not the new black and again the use of that slogan is a complete slap in the face of the people who are dealing the discrimination of being gay AND black. Many whom I've grown up around.
The gay rights movement is still separated and still full of selfish, out of touch jack !#%%% asking for unity and they won't even unite in their own damn community. It was always a White and sometimes asian GLBT fight. I cannot take them seriously any longer.

same thing in black community back then in the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960's and some of it is still present today.

Lies, myths, and fairytales, because no one took them seriously or gave them rights until they did fully unite. Troll.

So i guess Uncle Toms were lies, myths, fairytales....

the ideaological differences between Malcolm X and MLK and their supporters....

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

So i guess Uncle Toms were lies, myths, fairytales....

the ideaological differences between Malcolm X and MLK and their supporters....

Uncle toms were few and were underrepresented and Malcolm X and MLK supporters were fighting the same fight and respected each others differences.

In the gay rights movement today their needs to be a unification of the races within the community and their still isn't.

Two different fights that needed to be unified in two different ways.

this really pisses me off. gays are not a race of people you put 2 gays together and you will not get another gay. you can not compare gays to blacks once gaysare stripped of their homeland and History sent to a foreign nation and then enslaved for 400 yrs then still not given their human rights after that. thenstill be discriminated against. if all that happens to them then you can tell me their the new black but since that prolly wont happen you can never convinceme tht gay is the new black

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

To be fair, you can't prove that a person CHOSE or was BORN gay either...at least I don't think. If there is such a way, excuse my ignorance and show me the proof.

There were alot of studies on identical and fraternal twins and found that if one identical twin was homosexual then there is approximately 50% chance that the other one was also homosexual. Fraternal twins had about half that chance which is understandable.
You seem like a reasonable person. If you are, then you won't be offended when I say that what youtyped is not conclusive proof.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

it's unreasonable to expect conclusive proof, only evidence.
You just proved my point. It's also unreasonable for me to give evidence or conclusive proof that aperson can be an ex-homosexual, like what Cwrite asked for.

You just proved my point. It's also unreasonable for me to give evidence or conclusive proof that a person can be an ex-homosexual, like what Cwrite asked for.
actually donnie mcclurkin a gospel singer was a homosexual before now he says he is an ex-gay

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

this really pisses me off. gays are not a race of people you put 2 gays together and you will not get another gay. you can not compare gays to blacks once gays are stripped of their homeland and History sent to a foreign nation and then enslaved for 400 yrs then still not given their human rights after that. then still be discriminated against. if all that happens to them then you can tell me their the new black but since that prolly wont happen you can never convince me tht gay is the new black

+1 well said.....

*no hate for gays either, a persons sexual preferrence is their business....

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

I was heated watching that stupid s_ on WSHH.

STRAIGHT DISGUSTING.

Being Gay is the new Gay.

Keep "Blackness" out of this
smh.gif
word - when gays are kidnapped and coerced into labor, sold, raped and impregnated with their rapists' seed/s,arrested/brutalized and jailed on bogus charges, denied the right to vote, forced to pay a poll tax, told to sit at the back of a bus, forced to use separatewater fountains/restrooms...you smell where i'm going here?

when the above happens, they can START making comparisions. until then, sit down and $%*%

You just proved my point. It's also unreasonable for me to give evidence or conclusive proof that a person can be an ex-homosexual, like what Cwrite asked for.
actually donnie mcclurkin a gospel singer was a homosexual before now he says he is an ex-gay
The point that I was trying to make is that there is no way that you can PROVE that. He can SAY that heain't gay no more, but there's no way to actually PROVE that.

The point that I was trying to make is that there is no way that you can PROVE that. He can SAY that he ain't gay no more, but there's no way to actually PROVE that.
o ok yea you right their is no way to prove it

To whom ever came up with that slogan:

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
http://www.danablankenhorn.com/images/2008/01/09/shut_the_****_up.jpg

indifferent.gif
not even close........

Man I wish I caught this thread earlier
Something I've always wanted to know is what liberties are not given under civil unions, but are present under marriages ...... that always puzzles me,because the most lucid explanation I've heard on the reason why homosexuals can't get married is due to the tax clause/breaks based on the reproductionof children (bringing new taxable entities into society), that is clearly not possible in same-sex marriages.
From my understanding until this issue/clause is amended, this will continue to be a state-state issue and not a national one.
Which leads me to believe that this is not a Civil Rights/Discrimination issue, that was the basis of the Civil Rights movement but moreso a bureaucraticheadache that politicians and media are egging on as a discrimination issue, but that doesn't mean that discrimination is not present, it's just not asprevalent as one might think

No one holds a monopoly on oppression and while the issues affecting each group may be topically different, there are enough correlations between the twogroups with regard to their general struggles outside of mainstream society to make it an issue of Civil Rights affecting people on both sides of the coin. Noone's "movement" should be considered being co-opted when there are factors which involve both groups and their claims to a legitimate form oftreatment in everyday society. If you have problems with one or the other's rights and path to achieve those rights, then you're really doing your owngroup a disservice because it puts you in a false position of superiority and condescension towards everyone else who is trying to achieve something similar.

Back
Top Bottom