SORRY BUT CONFUSED.... WHAT DOES THE BIN ON THESE PREMIOS MEAN?

hahaha this is hilarious....JB aint competing with luxury brands, not with their craftsmanship these days....i for sure wouldnt buy them even if they did put premium crap on the shoes....they arent worth it these days. JB has reduced the legacy of what jordan was with crappy shoes and crappy limited releases. just put out good quality goods and keep true to the OGs and JB and the consumers should be happy!

quit this limited and crap quality stuff. hypebeasts jumping up and down for the hypebeasts releases. lol

You know the saying, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"?

Well JB has been trying their very best to break something that has been working for over 20 years.

And yeah, we've all heard the crap before "it's a business" blah blah blah, but it/had been a business all this time.
Business was still booming, Jordan were still popular when quality was on point.

You know the saying, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"?

Well JB has been trying their very best to break something that has been working for over 20 years.

And yeah, we've all heard the crap before "it's a business" blah blah blah, but it/had been a business all this time.
Business was still booming, Jordan were still popular when quality was on point.

Good looks on this thread.. i was just gonna ask the same question
laugh.gif

I like the trash bin explanation the best even if it is incorrect. That's where the colorways & materials being used so far belong imo

I like the trash bin explanation the best even if it is incorrect. That's where the colorways & materials being used so far belong imo

I really hope that Jordans never go for 300-400 retail... Otherwise me and my future family are gonna have some major financial disputes... but it dont' matter cause I'mma b the breadwinner

I really hope that Jordans never go for 300-400 retail... Otherwise me and my future family are gonna have some major financial disputes... but it dont' matter cause I'mma b the breadwinner

thanks for the info blue.
basically another marketing tactic used to give another excuse to jack up prices on jordans of a "higher quality"

thanks for the info blue.
basically another marketing tactic used to give another excuse to jack up prices on jordans of a "higher quality"

I have each of the Bin releases and I think you have to admit (with the possible exception of the IX's) that they are better quality than the average retro.

I have each of the Bin releases and I think you have to admit (with the possible exception of the IX's) that they are better quality than the average retro.

Originally Posted by Blue0230

Who says NT members aren't cultured?

The "Bin 23" series is directed at the "mature" Jordan Brand consumer.
The concept is derived from wine culture. When wines are made, they are assigned to a particular vintage, series, lot... or bin.
So a winery will often distinguish between varieties of wines by their "bins."
A wax seal is sometimes used to identify the bin a bottle came from, and also for simply for authentication purposes.
That little red splatter on the "BIN 23" Jordans simulates a wax seal.

So basically, by creating a conservative, earth-toned colorway and placing a "seal" on a retro, JB are trying to convey some level of sophistication - Something that CLEARLY has gone over the heads of the intended consumer (the OP, for instance).

If you ask me, someone looking for sophisticated footwear isn't going to buy an over-priced, low-quality retro... Cole Haan, Gucci, LV, etc. are going to get those dollars.
I assumed something like this but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.   

Originally Posted by Blue0230

Who says NT members aren't cultured?

The "Bin 23" series is directed at the "mature" Jordan Brand consumer.
The concept is derived from wine culture. When wines are made, they are assigned to a particular vintage, series, lot... or bin.
So a winery will often distinguish between varieties of wines by their "bins."
A wax seal is sometimes used to identify the bin a bottle came from, and also for simply for authentication purposes.
That little red splatter on the "BIN 23" Jordans simulates a wax seal.

So basically, by creating a conservative, earth-toned colorway and placing a "seal" on a retro, JB are trying to convey some level of sophistication - Something that CLEARLY has gone over the heads of the intended consumer (the OP, for instance).

If you ask me, someone looking for sophisticated footwear isn't going to buy an over-priced, low-quality retro... Cole Haan, Gucci, LV, etc. are going to get those dollars.
I assumed something like this but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.   

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

BIN implies using ideas from their parts "bin".

Actually I'm pretty sure that when the BIN concept was originally explained, this was the explanation for the name. Simple, nothing involving wine.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

BIN implies using ideas from their parts "bin".

Actually I'm pretty sure that when the BIN concept was originally explained, this was the explanation for the name. Simple, nothing involving wine.

lol @ the thought of jordans competing with lv, gucci, and any other flagship on 5th ave.

lol @ the thought of jordans competing with lv, gucci, and any other flagship on 5th ave.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if jordan brand was smart they would just slow production on all these crappy team jordans....inject superior materials in da original 23 jordans and

boost da MSRP too about 300-400 and have em compete with gucci, LV on 5th ave.

Jordan Brand did they say they wanted to be a lot more like Polo and less like Hilfiger. 
IMO meaning, cost going up & quantity going down... 

Anyways, don't let this be you OP! 
frown.gif

34ryh4i.jpg

OR THIS! 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if jordan brand was smart they would just slow production on all these crappy team jordans....inject superior materials in da original 23 jordans and

boost da MSRP too about 300-400 and have em compete with gucci, LV on 5th ave.

Jordan Brand did they say they wanted to be a lot more like Polo and less like Hilfiger. 
IMO meaning, cost going up & quantity going down... 

Anyways, don't let this be you OP! 
frown.gif

34ryh4i.jpg

OR THIS! 

^ ouch. after seeing these pics of the bin 9 im always careful when putting on my pair. quality of the bin 9 leather is what it used to be like in the early retro releases of the shoe

^ ouch. after seeing these pics of the bin 9 im always careful when putting on my pair. quality of the bin 9 leather is what it used to be like in the early retro releases of the shoe

Back
Top Bottom