Soulja Boy & S.O.D Speak On Who Killed Hip-Hop! "Nas Killed Hip Hop With His "Hip Hop Is Dead"

Why is hip hop so scared to question its current state & look in the mirror? Nas wanting the culture to self reflect is not a bad thing. Yall are making itseem like it was a secret that hip hop has some serious flaws that it needs to address. I know a gang of dudes who have been on that hip hop has been lame,dead, not what it was I SH well before nas came out of his mouth.
Sweeping I SH under the rug is never a good idea. Many of you sound quite defensive.
I know many of NT's members are too effing cool for self refection, but that is your problem. However, you seem to also want to infect the rest of hip hopwith your brand of unawareness.

Precisely iLLscan .

Dudes have been on that Hip Hop is Dead tip for yearssssssssssssssssssssss..Nas didn't even bring it to the forefront , it was a well discussed issue ,basically even beat to death before Nas used the title . Sorry you guys couldn't log onto YouTube and hear heads discuss it ...smh

LOL @ giving Soulja Boy dap .

Im not agreeing with this dumb @++ at all
but besides the whole "football player saying basketball is dead" comment.......

He makes a lil sense.....because yes hiphop may have seemed dead for awhile but nas really brought it out publically.....

But den again souljaboy jus talks alot for no reason...so it made sense but den again it was DUMB

Its kinda funny how Nas made the album Hip Hop is Dead all these rappers was mad at him

Young Jeezy
Ludacris
Big Boi from Outkast
Jim Jones
T.I.
Them D4L Cats

Now This clown

All Nas did is exposed what people were feelin for alwhile....

Soulja Boy knows his tomfoolery is drying up.....

Originally Posted by mossman75

Its kinda funny how Nas made the album Hip Hop is Dead all these rappers was mad at him

Young Jeezy
Ludacris
Big Boi from Outkast
Jim Jones
T.I.
Them D4L Cats

Now This clown

notice how with the exception of jim jones it was all south rappers who were mad at him for the hip hop is dead album. and where does most of the garbagetrashy crappy music come from??

I've always said that as soon as Nas said that was the name of his album, every listener suddenly received their doctoral degree in hip hop and felt they could diagnose the state of the genre.
Agreed. Thing I never got was people were acting like Nas was the first emcee to talk about the state rap. Soulja boy is still an A-hole

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Young Jeezy
Ludacris
Big Boi from Outkast
Jim Jones
T.I.
Them D4L Cats

Now This clown

notice how with the exception of jim jones it was all south rappers who were mad at him for the hip hop is dead album. and where does most of the garbage trashy crappy music come from??

Chicken Noodle Soup? Mims? Ron Brownz?
grin.gif

Everything in life is part of evolution. We all know soulja boy suck..and you cant compare todays rappers to rappers in the past,
times now are not the same...But there are still plenty of good rappers, most of em probably not that mainstream. As far as listening
to the radio for "real hiphop" radio is the wrong place to find that...that's common sense.

Personally, hip-hop isn't dead to me. I'm enjoying the music. If I wanna hear Common, I'll throw on some Com. If I wanna hear Weezy, I'll throwon some Weezy. If I wanna hear...well you get the point.

People get so caught up on a topic (like this one) and let it dictate how they listen to music.

I could careless about a pop single...if it's hot, it's hot whether its Soulja Boy or Lupe Fiasco.

With all this hip-hop is dead talk that has been going on since about '06...there have been quite a few quality releases that have dropped since then.

Originally Posted by asu334

Young Jeezy
Ludacris
Big Boi from Outkast
Jim Jones
T.I.
Them D4L Cats

Now This clown

notice how with the exception of jim jones it was all south rappers who were mad at him for the hip hop is dead album. and where does most of the garbage trashy crappy music come from??

Chicken Noodle Soup? Mims? Ron Brownz?
grin.gif

roll.gif
im from LA with the exception of game we haven't been relevant inyears so maybe i should of been a little more clearer on that last part, but chicken noodle soup, mims etc are minor blemishes on new yorks track record asopposed to the majority of dumbed down crap that is mostly desgined to cater to stupid people that comes out the south. sure theres good music from the southbut its too far and imbetween. of course thats because music labels realize dumbed down snap dance ringtown crap sells and im sure theres people in the southwho could spit but just aren't being given the chance due to politics and so.

in closing though soulja boy is an idiot who comes across as a clown.

Young Jeezy
Ludacris
Big Boi from Outkast
Jim Jones
T.I.
Them D4L Cats

Now This clown

I'm not even gonna front, I'm from the south and I feel you 100%. The music the south has been putting out is awful. And dudes bringing up ChickenNoddle soup won't change anything. Only true CURRENT good artist from the south are Ludacris, T.I., and Killah Mike and thatsit, everyone is either mediocore or trash. I live in Florida and I swear I've never heard a good rapper out of the whole damn state. You guys can frontlike yall making money, but the product in whole is trash. Don't rap if you don't give damn about hurting the genre real talk.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Young Jeezy
Ludacris
Big Boi from Outkast
Jim Jones
T.I.
Them D4L Cats

Now This clown

I'm not even gonna front, I'm from the south and I feel you 100%. The music the south has been putting out is awful. And dudes bringing up Chicken Noddle soup won't change anything. Only true CURRENT good artist from the south are Ludacris, T.I., and Killah Mike and thats it, everyone is either mediocore or trash. I live in Florida and I swear I've never heard a good rapper out of the whole damn state. You guys can front like yall making money, but the product in whole is trash. Don't rap if you don't give damn about hurting the genre real talk.
that killa mike album from 02 or 03 i forgot which year it came out was real nice. i feel sorry for you that you have to hear khaled on the radioevery day my man
roll.gif

your last part i doubt is going to happen, as long as the game is the way it is, where you can release one club banger and 14 songs of trash and call it analbum and get paid off it, dudes is going to be making music strictly off of trying to get paid, rather then get their message and visions out there.

It sold 4x more in the first week than Soulja Boy's did.

That speaks volumes, especially when factoring the fact that Nas' promotion was terrible and the subject matter that Nas talked about.

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

40k in 1st week sales will make u talk wreckless like that
laugh.gif
basically...

like whats missing in hiphop has always been respect...and these young cats talk to the elder legends and vets like they're peers...you saw the way souljaboy was talking bout nas? if you ain't know who nas was you'd think he was another snap dancing ATL rapper...

Back
Top Bottom