Soulja Responds To Haters & New Single

i like how he says "some dude named GZA" like people dont already know who that is

i like how he says "some dude named GZA" like people dont already know who that is
His fan base probably doesn't.
And since when did making money become a pass from getting criticized???? Or is that just the cool thing to say so you don't seem like a "hater"(whatever the eff that is).

young black dude getting money I love it...I hate his music but damn I cant hate on dude, he 17 making the music he like and making $...what people want tohear bout him becoming a drug dealer or something? Just dont listen to his#+#$

Originally Posted by iLLscan

His fan base probably doesn't.
And since when did making money become a pass from getting criticized???? Or is that just the cool thing to say so you don't seem like a "hater" (whatever the eff that is).

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i was listening to the little brother xm radio takeover on christmas and theywere talkin about that @+**. this dude phonte was like "N's use the phrase 'stop hatin get money N' for everything. like my dude youreflunking high school you need to concentrate and quit #%@$@!% around. '*$*$ you N quit hatin and get money'
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This lil dudes funny, bout tryna provide for his family by making songs bout superman dat%%+@ lol. I don't care how much money he's making.

soulja boy- other than i do appreciate another black man making a dollar or two to provide for his family, i just want to say, go kill yourself and STOP STOPSTOP making crappy music. well, just stop your career altogether. that is all.

makin money in this case can't justify da possibly permanent damage its doing to da integrity of hiphop.

sj is like a prostitute. i cant hate on him for getting money .. but i dont respect him either.

"How you gone say some !#*% on Radio where ALOT of people will believe just because of who you are leave your mouth if you didnt make sure it wastrue?"

"trying to provide from his family"

Peep the grammer on this Genius

This man is making songs for the club and little kids so why hate?

Its not like he's proclaiming that he is the savior of hip-hop?

So let the lil man make his money and give his fan base something to listen to, its not like he was an overnight success he was on youtube

4 a while putting in work

How can you be a hip hop "artist" (using this term loosely here) and refer to GZA as if you don't know who he is? That's like a newly popularrock artist pretending not to know who AC/DC or the Rolling Stones are, man. I knew this kid was stupid, but wow.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

How can you be a hip hop "artist" (using this term loosely here) and refer to GZA as if you don't know who he is? That's like a newly popular rock artist pretending not to know who AC/DC or the Rolling Stones are, man. I knew this kid was stupid, but wow.

He's not stupid, just ignorant......I damn sure can't hate on the next 'N for makin $$$, but this kid is just that a kid, so one would expecthim to make kiddie music......N's wasn't on Bow Wow when he was makin kiddie music, so why hate on him.....

Yall Ns need to stop with this kid shhh aint dude 17 or 18? I coulda made better club music at that age. This dude's ignorance is funny tho reminds me ofthis dude I use to know.

I think even he knows he can make better music than he is now, but dude doesn't really have love for the art n if he makin money off of half-@$$in it whynot continue? He should be criticized accordingly? I mean when does he stop being a kid when he's 21? aint like dude 14 its free game on shhh on this dude

Also what do kids listen to in the South around his age? Im not sayin he should know who Gza is(well he kinda should) but does dude just bump Master P n Silkthe Shocker all day?

EDIT- N speakin of openin to criticism did he really write that? mad spellin errors.

smokin.gif

The phrase;

"Stop hating he's getting money" killed hip-hop.

Dudes got the lowest standards for themselves that they don't care how a person gets money, there's having fun and then there's buffoonery andSoulja Boy borders on the latter. 18 is no longer a "kid" your now considered an adult, his latest single can't be for kids when the hook is"Yahhh b-tch Yahhhh get out my face h-, get out my face h-" so im not putting duke in the he's just a kid category. Kris Kros made music fortheir peers and it wasn't buffoonery, sh.. even grown people rocked to Jump, same with Bow Wow when he came out. The way dudes be so tolerant of garbage isastounding at some point you gotta call a spade a spade. Dudes use to get on cats like Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer heavy but now the D4L's & Soulja Boysget passes and truthfully i prefer that era of subpar music than the current subparness we've been witnessing for going on 4 years now.

I've said many times i don't mind a Soulja Boy if there rappers like Lupe, Common and etc to balance it out but an abundance of 1 thing just makes themusic 1-dimensional and people don't see how this garbage music has now shaped the way music is distributed or consumed.

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

The phrase;

"Stop hating he's getting money" killed hip-hop.

and people think I'm crazy for blaming Puffy
grin.gif

he popularized the "stop hating" movement.

so now you seem WRONG for actually wanting something NEW, not overdone, wanting something POWERFUL, not something "safe", something OF SUBSTANCE,rather than something bland.

i don't care if he cakin, im still hatin and no one can change my opinion, plus sup with all the dissin of the wu-tang, "rappers" of 2dayshouldn't diss no 1 from the wu no matter what they say unless its bout your fam, theres reasons people "callin u out" u ain't sposed to beunder any category under hip hop

^ as much as a hater I truthfully am, I can't deny its hiphop and for a diff crowd/diff time.

but I think it should be played after school and on Saturday mornings (AS IF WE'LL EVER GAIN CONTROL OF THE MEDIA)

to prove that its mindless/childish to recreate some integrity (Utopian techniques, holla)

Bottom Line: When you disrespect a classic hip hop act like the Wu and you're cakin' on the genre they helped to popularize then you'reessentially+@%$%*$%# where you eat.

^ GZA started it by sayin %#*% Soulja boy......so just because the Wu are rap legends he gets a pass? hell no.....Dude is over 40 years old dissin a 17 yearold????? what part of the game is that

I'm from the south and wen i was growing up we mostly listend to down south artist (Trick, JT Money, Outkast, Cash Money, No Limit, Scarface)

Shoot I didnt really know who Jay-Z was till Blueprint came out
tongue.gif
, so i can give soulja boy a pass

What people dont understand is that its "Out with the old, in with the new" this new generation that is coming of age wants what is "now"

they want something they can go crazy and dance to and Soulja boy is the perfect artist to this new wide fan base and why not?

If Soulja boy was doing this 10 years ago he would be jus like kriss kross here one minute gone the next b/c

- there fan base wasnt that big

- and what people really wanted was something real, something they could relate to (Pac, Big Pun, Common)

But now the script is flipped so you can do nothing but sit and wait till something happens

Can you blame him for caterinng to the larger audience?

Back
Top Bottom