Soundscan Sales 12/5/2007

SMH @ dudes posting his picture. NT's like a damn high school nowadays. Anyways, A.Keys is no joke. I can't believe she's moving THAT strong. Shedeserves ever dime. HSM2 is a 2 mill already? Disney = <>

Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the random picture sighting

but anyway..i just wanted to see freeways numbers..i wonder who will sell more..him or beanie
nerd.gif

Maybe its me but when did we start laughin' at 700k, 500k and a million sold lol? We've become that spoiled lol? Dudes in here laughin' at Fif,Chris Brown and Hov's sales but they are the highest sales of the year for their genre. And its not like they fell off the charts. They still doin'healthy numbers. Fif can't say!!#% about record sales anymore but he sold a million effortlessly. He ran into a million sold with horrible singles.

Originally Posted by Mr J Himself 23

Originally Posted by mossman75

68 50 CENT CURTIS 15,194 21,729 -30 1,140,482
laugh.gif

he better not talk about no artist records sales again

why in the world would you say such an idiotic thing...money has sold over a mill in less then 3 months...he has all the reason in the world to tell the rest of the hip hop world get there selling game up...cept kanye

yall have to take in account the fact that dude had like 5 singles when the album dropped and jus dropped the other one wit akon..plus all the hype is whatmade him sell 600,000+ the first week....imo Jay sales are more impressive due to the fact he had no big promotion scheme and he had 1 official single the getsradio play.
laugh.gif
at dudes overhyping 50 sales...and ima fan of 50 too..andim not saying jay sales are better...im jus saying there more impressive due to the circumstances.

Freeway flopped...

Meanwhile Kingdom Come is platinum, American Gangsta is Gold...

I mean priorities at Def Jam aren't set right....Jay knows how to promote himself well, Budweiser commercials, appearances on ESPN, MTV TRL, BET..

but he doesn't do the same for his artists like Freeway, Nas, Beans...

Bottom lline is people are interested in hearing from jay he's widely regarded as a top 5 rappper evr so he could put a album out with no promotion andit's still gonna go gold at the very least. The only person that is in any similar situation is nas and he's really not relevant in the mainstreamhiphop world.

Originally Posted by Mickey Moss

Freeway flopped...

Meanwhile Kingdom Come is platinum, American Gangsta is Gold...

I mean priorities at Def Jam aren't set right....Jay knows how to promote himself well, Budweiser commercials, appearances on ESPN, MTV TRL, BET..

AG promotion was nothing like kingdom come

How is he promoting himself, when those companies came to him.
smh.gif
Jay sells off name alone. Let it go guys.

You need to step up your business acumen and gain some damn common sense.

1. Those companies came to HIM and paid HIM to be the face for them to help THEM advertise THEIR business. Is he supposed to say, "No... don't payme to represent your brand.... pay someone else!"
indifferent.gif

2. Why would major companies like Budwiser get Freeway, Nas, and Beans to advertise their product?
roll.gif
. If they can't sell any albums, what makes you think they can sell aproduct. I hope you never run a major corporation because you'll file chapter 9 quicker than Toni Braxton

Originally Posted by Hrocyaice

Maybe its me but when did we start laughin' at 700k, 500k and a million sold lol? We've become that spoiled lol? Dudes in here laughin' at Fif, Chris Brown and Hov's sales but they are the highest sales of the year for their genre. And its not like they fell off the charts. They still doin' healthy numbers. Fif can't say!!#% about record sales anymore but he sold a million effortlessly. He ran into a million sold with horrible singles.

People on NT will find anything to hate on.

I would bet that it was a joint venture with Jay and Budweiser. I highly doubt they came to him begging for his endorsement. Free and them wouldn't havebeen able to secure a deal though.

You ever heard of Steve Stout? He's the guy that was probably behind this. He linked Beyonce up with Tommy, Gwen Stephanie with HP, Jigga with Reebok, Ibelieve 50 with Reebok, and JT with McDonalds.

You have to pay Steve Stout or anyone else like him to make these deals happen.

ESPN, TRL, BET- those were all promotion and marketinig tools Def Jam sought out. It works the same way as PR.

DMV, maybe before you try to check someone you should take a class on marketing or PR so you don't look like an idiot next time.

wink.gif

48 WEST*KANYE GRADUATION 23,425 39,383 -41 1,737,445
If he drops "Flashing Lights" as a a single and with the right video treatment, he's going at least triple.

Originally Posted by Mickey Moss

n22621923_32912416_9593.jpg
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Too Funny... ! This is the dude baggin on how the south dudes dress!?!?! NOW I UNDERSTAND!
laugh.gif
I'd be
mad.gif
too if I woke up and had to look at that in the mirror!
roll.gif
eek.gif
alien.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When people start laughing at 50 pushing 1.1 million units, that's when I start finding the "ignore user" feature in this forum.

Dudes in here must have a stupidty complex....

We go through this every week.

Jayz is Jayz....he sells records. American Gangster hasn't had nearly any great promo and he is gonna go platinum without a doubt....and I can appreciatethat he is doing these numbers with no real "Radio Friendly" single.

50 went platinum....how in the !+!# is that a flop???? What ya'll dudes smoking?
And 50 can brag all he wants.... his 1st 2 albums sold more than 90% of artist entire catalog.....

This is a new era in music....so to actually physically scan close to a million is a hell of an achievement.

And furthermore.....can we stop complaining about 2nd and 3rd teir artist not selling a lot. Freeway I f wit dude all day, but I never once thought he wouldsell more than 250k, realisticly, he doesn't make the type of music the buying public are into.....I love his music but it just aint what's now..... alot of artist don't want to compramise their "street cred" or "keepin it hood" in order to make music that can get them major spins andrecord sales....
That's a conciuos decision you make as an artist, and you know you are not gonna sell alot., if you don't.
Its like speaking chinese to a spanish person......

Also it comes down to what the majority of people can relate to....
We have long passed the era of crack dealing, super gangster, and random gun busting.....and the majority of people don't live that life.....so how can youexpect to sell a ton of records to a minority market.....and that mark bootleggs more frequent then the others.....

Ima stop ranting for now.
But
Rocyaice said it perfect in his post.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

When people start laughing at 50 pushing 1.1 million units, that's when I start finding the "ignore user" feature in this forum.

Why y'all defending this dude? Its not the fact he sold 1.1 mil, its the fact he talked all that s%@# and pulled a big publicity stunt 2 do it just likehe does when he has a album that comes out.

Back
Top Bottom