SoundScan Sales 4/9/2008: Az Catches A Fat Joe Size Brick

Memphisboi they made u staff??
roll.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Why is Gnarles Barkely doing so bad? Didn't the media fall in Love with em' with 'Streets Elswhere'?

Are AZ's numbers really any surprise though? When was the last time you saw his video on TV? When was the last time you heard his single on the radio?I'm not sure about where you guys live, but here, I've heard or seen nothing about his new album.

Only a damn fool would laugh at dude's numbers, like they are any indication of his skill. AZ comes with it on the mic, and his album is nice. If hesucked, that would be a different story. Like it was mentioned before, his target audience isn't the same crowd that listens to trap music, which justhappens to be the majority of idiots out there now. Of course his numbers are gonna be low as hell. The majority of music buyers these days don't even likelasting, quality music, so of course they'll overlook dude.

Dudes basking in their own ignorance . Have you seen this cat Tillipino though ? Money looks like the lost member of The Chipmunks .

Actually got up with AZ on my man`s radio show last week , he knew this album wasn't gonna get any shine but he has booked a bunch of shows across thecountry off the strength of it . That`s where he`s gonna see some bread . Have a couple of freestyles he dropped that night , dude never misses ...always onthe Godbody steez .

last time i checked fat joe, sheek louch, and AZ were all independant artist...

don't try to throw fat joe under da bus when he's actually selling VS AZ and sheek louch which just did sean price numbers....

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

don't try to throw fat joe under da bus when he's actually selling VS AZ and sheek louch which just did sean price numbers....

Sheek album was > Fat joe album... I havent heard AZ's #!%* yet...

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I think dude's are countin' Maybach Music as a single...... which it is not.
Ross released Speedin' and The Boss already

so his next single will be his 3rd

Yeah, I was basically saying where is the 3rd single so he can try to push for gold and upstatus. Prolly gonna be unofficial MayBach b/c he kept goin' and and on about how crazy it was before the CD release and the official would hopefully beLuxury Tax ... would make sense ...
[color= rgb(255, 204, 51)]but the music business doesn't make sense anymore so[/color]
ohwell.gif
[color= rgb(255, 204, 51)]... don't see why Jay-Z wouldn't hop on the video tho. I mean ... he's Jay &Roooooosssss is his artist so he'd only be helping the home team. Still surprisingly well sell considering the state.[/color]

Ross ain't really his artist/responsibility no more Dro...

And why y'all typing in that ******ed %*$ font???

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ross ain't really his artist/responsibility no more Dro...

And why y'all typing in that ******ed %*$ font???

[color= rgb(0, 255, 255)] Damn, you right. It completely slipped my mind that they parted ways. Luxury Tax it is... hopefully. And I guess it depends on the browser b/c ya'll font look normal to me. Well not crazy. Just not the default.[/color]

Nah, some people typingin the normal font....and others typing in this @%+! righthere... which is kinda hard to read

Record sales are just a point of reference . . . They never have, and never will be an accuried berometer of musics true quality . . . Make a good album,I'll cop the bootleg . . . And when you come to my city I'll go to your show . . . Now we're square.

Record labels are just a way of getting your music out there . . . Before record labels were #%@#%$+ with rap, the man with the loudest speakers in the parkwas the one more people heard . . . That theory still aplies, the bigger the label, the louder the artists mic . . .

But I do get a kick out of checking out the #s . . . Its for entertainment purposes only, I could care less if no one else on this earth bought an album, if Ilike it, its a job well done in my eyes on the part of the artist, and vice versa, you can sell a copy of your album to EVERY living organism, if I think itsucks then I wouldn't care in the least bit . . . Record sales are a labels way of making money, not the artists.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

roll.gif
Wrong, they are known rap artists on independent labels.
tired.gif
smh.gif
dudes should have went platinum in 2 weeks....thanks internets for downloading and ruining their sales. I blame NT
tired.gif

Well, they did it to themselves. Their album was available for d/l a week before the cd came out.

Damn, my boy AZ don't even have enough to afford a Kia, Daewoo anyone?
laugh.gif
. Fat Joe is an idiot, 35k? He better start giving blood or ebaying hiscollection.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Damn, my boy AZ don't even have enough to afford a Kia, Daewoo anyone?
laugh.gif
. Fat Joe is an idiot, 35k? He better start giving blood or ebaying his collection.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
how he only did 5K though
smh.gif
...did even AWOL sell way way better?

what else are yall expecting? nobody even knew it was dropping.... does he even have a single?

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Foreal AZ aint even got a single or nothin, what did yous expect?

he does, with a video. not sure if its been played on tv tho.

I don't care about sales tho

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Why is Gnarles Barkely doing so bad? Didn't the media fall in Love with em' with 'Streets Elswhere'?

It debuted with 30,000 records sold just off ITunes alone. Wasn't even in stores yet. Are they in stores now? I'd like to think those are justinternet sales because I haven't seen that album in any store.

Back
Top Bottom