Source: Vick will be suspended first 4 games

ESPN's Chris Mortensen: Vick can go to training camp if he can sign with a team. Nothing official yet.

That's what I read I believe.

attending training camp, isnt the same as being able to put on helmet and practice.

til the commish says he can practice he will be limited. same as Pacman same as chris Henry.

Wonder if HBO will pay his salary if the Bengals would pick him up? Could you imagine Hard Knocks?

What's the status of his potential contract? Last I heard he had to give up some/a lot of his contract to settle his bankruptcy or something

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

I think that's a fair suspension given what Vick has gone through already...good job Goodell.

I personally think he should go UFL and sharpen his skills there, but if he can find a NFL team I'm sure he wouldn't do that.

Interesting development. There are plenty of teams that need serviceable QBs (or a decent starting QB for that matter).

im surprised yall thought it would be longer. Yall think Goodell would actually let him become the face of a potential rival to the NFL?

I'm still in the disbelief stage... once an NFL team signs Vick and it becomes official, it'll be a reality to me.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Falcons need to resign him and throw him in that wildcat.

Will never happen

Originally Posted by JPZx

I'd like to see him on the 49ers but they said they weren't interested, correct?
Correct, unfortunately. I'm not sold on Smith or Hill.. I know Vick was never a great passer (accuracy wise) and will be nothing like he wasbut I think Coach Singletary can do good things for the guy.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

im surprised yall thought it would be longer. Yall think Goodell would actually let him become the face of a potential rival to the NFL?

good point

UFL is in no way, shape, or form a rival to the NFL.....if Vick is the "face" then so be it....

NFL doesn't need Vick as much as some of you all may think.

In what I do know about the UFL, they are setting it up to be almost a minor-league TO the NFL....they will allow their players (if they sign a contract beforeAugust 1) to leave for a NFL team if they get that opportunity. Other than that, their season ends in November which is plenty of time for someone to catch onw. a NFL roster before their season ends.

Originally Posted by Executive76

ESPN's Chris Mortensen: After a 3 hr meeting w Goodell, Vick was conditionally reinstated but given a 4 game suspension.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen: Vick can go to training camp if he can sign with a team. Nothing official yet.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

UFL's season ends around thanksgiving.

Hes not sayin NFL needs vick

but the UFL is def. a "potential" rival.
what if the league takes off. what if their product is viable, what if the fans get behind it, u think the UFL financial backers will bereserved to being the "minor league" if the numbers say they can get a portion of the NFL market share.

glad he cut Vick some slack, i would have liked it if he wasnt suspended but its better than being gone the entire season. Hope he gets signed and actuallyplays.

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

UFL is in no way, shape, or form a rival to the NFL.....if Vick is the "face" then so be it....

NFL doesn't need Vick as much as some of you all may think.

In what I do know about the UFL, they are setting it up to be almost a minor-league TO the NFL....they will allow their players (if they sign a contract before August 1) to leave for a NFL team if they get that opportunity. Other than that, their season ends in November which is plenty of time for someone to catch on w. a NFL roster before their season ends.

Not a rival to the NFL right now but maybe in the future. And think of all the merchandise he would sell. People in ATL still wear his jersey to Falcons games,all that money could be going to the UFL and help build it some more if he were to go there. Remember, he had the biggest contract in NFL history at one point.His fans didnt just disappear

I just am really failing to see how the UFL is going to rival the NFL...there was discussion today that assuming the UFL does well, the NFL will step in andbuy it out and totally make it a pipeline to the big show....

time will tell....

Back
Top Bottom