Sources: Kidd Wants Out Of New Jersey

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

We have expiring contracts and young talent like Gibson and Shannon Brown. Heck throw in Dru and the Nets find the scoring big man they need. The Cavs are just as much a player in the talks as the Mavs or Lakers

Outa...once again I dont mean to pick on you, but come on dog. You are so far off base here. We are in agreement that the Nets want expiring contractsand good young talent. What you are clearly missing is the fact that 1- the expiring contracts need to be BIG expiring contracts (which you dont have), and2-the young talent needs to be REALLY GOOD young talent (which you also dont have).

The funny thing is that the two players that you think are good young talent HAVE EXPIRING CONTRACTS!!! You cant combine the two things the Nets are lookingfor into one. Why would the Nets trade one of the best PGs in the nba for two average young players who will be free agents at the end of the season??? Itdoes nothing for them.

And throwing in Gooden will not help either. In case you are keeping track, Gooden plus Gibson and Brown would still leave roughly 12 million dollars that youneed to make the trade work. Nothing on your team will help cover that if you are talking about expiring deals or young players. NOTHING.

The Cavs have zero shot of getting Kidd. (And outa for the record, its now 2-0)

at $%@%$!* what?
Come on Mike... That man is a legitimate defensive presense on the inside. He's a shot changer. He's not good offensively, but he'snot a liability anymore. He's a pretty solid rebounder...

well according to Avery Johnson the three-team deal for Kidd is not gonna happen...apparently Portland or New jersey wants Brandon Bass included too...

Originally Posted by presequel

and........brandon bass is untouchable? (never seen dude play, so..)
It's either keep him, or be satisfied with Juwan Howard seeing significant minutes behind Dirk...
roll.gif
I'd rather trade Diop.

At first, I was all for going out and getting Jason Kidd... The more this stuff drags out and the more potential deals get thrown out, the more I realize howmuch I like the way this current team is built... I think I'd make a move if the right guy came along, but I just don't see the benefits of bringing inJason Kidd out-weighing the negatives when you look at the depth the Mavs would lose by making the move.

I honestly think I'm pretty comfortable with where this team is at right now. It's been an relatively underwhelming first half of the year so far, atleast by the bar the Mavs have set for themselves over the last 5 or so years, but I think it's safe to say this group hasn't played its bestbasketball, it hasn't kicked into that next gear yet, and we're still among the best teams in the NBA... I think I'd stand pat right now if theprice for Kidd remains this high. Seems the Nets want more now than they did 6 months ago...

Last I heard, Dallas was the team that wanted Brandon Bass. The 3 team trade with the Blazers, Nets, & Mavs has been slowed down according to insiders now.Not dead, but not as likely anymore.

Back
Top Bottom