Sources: Kidd Wants Out Of New Jersey

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Not just that, the Mavericks as well, their still a good contender in the West, no team in the L has beat more quality teams in the West then the Mavericks.
EXACTLY. Nobody has beaten as many good teams as the Mavericks. The Mavericks problem is they kick it into cruise control this season against inferiorteams. Losses to Indiana, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, San Antonio without Duncan, Milwaukee, Washington twice... They've faired very well against the topteams in the NBA thus far. It's the apparent lapses in focus that are the problem, but I'm sure it's got something to do with Avery not having thepedal to the floor as much this early in the year.

I wouldn't want Devin Harris running the point for the Nets.

I wish Jersey could get a young player like Al Jefferson out of this trade.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

trade aint happening. No way portland ruins their team half way through the season to get just one player.

I hope you're right..I would not want the blazers to give up outlaw and frye for devin harris...

I am right, no way they give up Outlaw. Dudes been playing great for them, only way he gets traded is if hes in the deal where the Blazers get Kidd butthat isnt happening.

Portand would get a lot better imo Devin Harris will be a great PG in this league imo. Jack would get better getting more minutes, Outlaw too. Portland shouldreally look to get rid of Martell Webster for anything at this point.

Looking at this 3 way deal, done deal. I like it for all parties.

Portland: The way I see it, they're basically giving up Travis Outlaw for Devin Harris, which is a great deal. Yes, Travis has stepped it up this season,but to get Devin Harris, a great young/speedy PG who's actually living up to his potential to run the helm with Roy/Aldridge/Oden, is not a bad gig at all.That's a solid starting 4 for YEARS to come. Nobody expected the Blazers to do this well this season, as they were rebuilding/aquiring young talent, andgetting Harris would be a coup for them. Jarret Jack is good at what he does, but he's expendable considering they're getting Harris back, still haveBlake, and don't they have an overseas dude stashed away somewhere? Channing Frye, sure, has potential, but, they don't really need him. They'rewinning without even really playing him right now, so why not throw him in. Do it Portland.

Dallas: Of course giving up Devin Harris is a tough pill to swallow. Dude is living up to his potential, is a speedy PG and can actually shoot the rock, unlikeJ. Kidd. Plus he's like 103 years younger than Kidd. Mavs fans see it as, Kidd would be nice for the time being, but what about down the road? Well, forthe time being, it'll be pretty nice. I mean, this is Jason Kidd we're talking about here. Even at his age, in today's game, depending on yourlist, is still a top 3 PG in the game. Mavericks can win as is, true, but it's not like they're gonna be worse off with Kidd. If anything, they'llbe more of a force. Letting Diop go gives up size sure, but it's one of the prices you gotta pay to get somebody of Jason Kidd's caliber. Plus withoutDiop, they'll still be OK. I mean, they're still getting Magloire back, so, all is not lost. And we know Stack is going to get bought out and comeright back to Dallas anyway. Dallas + Harris = good. Dallas + Kidd = great.

New Jersey: Kidd wants out, so you gotta trade him. Your team sucks as is. Might as well try and shake things up. This trade does just that. They aquire a tonof young talent, as they're clearly in rebuilding mode. There's nothing else to do but blow up that team and start from scratch. You don't needanother star player back in return, like a Lamar Odom or whatnot. They already have a VC and RJ. With this deal, they get a lot of pieces to work with for thefuture makeup of the team. Do it Mitch!!!

Chicago gets
Ira Newble
LArry Hughes
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I'd honestly rather keep Wallets than get two more overpaid shooting bums
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

harris, roy, webster, aldridge, oden

would be a hell of a line up next year,

but if im portland i dont do that deal

just my opinion

Looks like the Mavericks have killed the discussions for right now... Seems they don't want to give up 6+ years of Harris, 3-4 more of Stackhouse and theopportunity to keep Diop around for a year and a half of Jason Kidd. Can't say that I blame them.

And I've still yet to figure out why the Trail Blazers would want to get involved if it meant they were essentially trading Jack, Outlaw + for Harris.

if im Dallas, i would do it.....

i dont think the way their team is currently constructed can win a championship.

but with Kidd, u have a premier perimeter defender who can guard the Parkers, Nashs, Davis, Paul on a nightly basis.

IMO thats going to be the most important thing in the playoffs.

plus they can go back to increasing the tempo like they used to.

travis outlaw has been the blazers 2nd best player in the 4th qtr all season. why would you need harris when roy is cleary in the PG in the 4th? if it'snot broken? dont fix it. and i dont see this "great young PG" everyone else sees in devin harris. has he improved? no doubt. but you dont give upyour 2nd best player for him

and i dont see this "great young PG" everyone else sees in devin harris.
Devin Harris is improving exponentially over where he was last year... He can blow by ANYONE off the dribble, he's a solid finisher around therim, he's a good defender on the perimeter, he's getting better making decisions in the flow of an offense and in the open court. His jumper needs tocontinue getting better, but if he continues to improve at the rate he did from last year to this year, how can you guard him? You can't. Get up in him, heblows by you. Back off, he's gonna knock the shot down... I definitely see Devin getting to that type of offensive PG, where he's a serious scoringthreat, but not necessarily a top-flight distributor. We've seen flashes of it already this year in games where he's just exploded and been almostunstoppable. He's only going to get better. Being under Avery and really learning the nuances of the game from a guy like that would pay dividends foranyone, especially someone with Devin's ceiling physically.

i dont blame kidd for wanting out. Vincent lemar Carter if he wanted to try every damn game could be one of the top 5 players in the league and with a guy likekidd running the floor i dont see why he isnt.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Looks like the Mavericks have killed the discussions for right now... Seems they don't want to give up 6+ years of Harris, 3-4 more of Stackhouse and the opportunity to keep Diop around for a year and a half of Jason Kidd. Can't say that I blame them.

And I've still yet to figure out why the Trail Blazers would want to get involved if it meant they were essentially trading Jack, Outlaw + for Harris.

The way I see it is:

Kidd has a couple more years left in him.

Yes, Harris will be good for years to come, but aquiring Kidd can only mean one thing. The Mavericks have the potential to be a even bigger force than theyare now. Again, they're good as is, but Kidd can really push them over the top. There's only one way to go with Kidd, and that's up.

Stackhouse will be bought out, and if he's bought out, most likely he'll come back to the Mavs.

You let Diop go, but you get Magloire back. A former All-Star. Sure, he's not all that great now, but you give up a big you get back a big. Diopisn't much of a factor here.

The Blazers do it because they have a stacked team. They need to get rid of some guys.

Outlaw has been playing better this year, but let's be real. It's looking like Harris will pan out to be the better player than Outlaw will be. Andhe runs Point.

Harris/Roy/Oden/Aldridge is a great young nucleus.

Jack is decent, but Harris gives them a true PG.

If this was a two months ago I would have been all on it but Devin's play has me sold. Plus even though a lot of Mav fans hate Stack I like dude. Devin isprobably my favorite player right now.

I think that people are caught up in the legend of Jason Kidd

I would love for Dallas to make a move but I don't think J.Kidd is the answer as crazy as this sound I would rather would have Vince.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

If this was a two months ago I would have been all on it but Devin's play has me sold. Plus even though a lot of Mav fans hate Stack I like dude. Devin is probably my favorite player right now.

Im with you, I would have been all for the Kidd trade a couple months ago, and I was even for it now, but I dont wanna give up Diop, Harris, andStackhouse. Thats alot to give up for a 34 year old point guard, specially since Devin and Diop are still so young.

You let Diop go, but you get Magloire back. A former All-Star. Sure, he's not all that great now, but you give up a big you get back a big. Diop isn't much of a factor here.
Diop is a defensive anchor, he just turned 26, he's consistently gotten better every year in Dallas. Magloire is terrible. He can't findminutes on a New Jersey team that is completely devoid of anything that resembles an NBA big... He has nothing to offer at this point in his career. I thinkthat's a pretty significant downgrade for Dallas, especially since they rely so heavily on Dampier and Diop changing and altering shots inside around thebasket.

This whole trade talk is a headache.

EDIT: Thank lord...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ries/020108dnspomavericksbriefs.781486d7.html

BOSTON - Avery Johnson was quick to swat away the rampant rumors that have Jason Kidd headed to the Dallas Mavericks, leaving little doubt after the team's practice Thursday morning that they aren't players in the deal at this point.

Johnson squelched any talk that the Kidd trade talks might be a distraction to his team, which was concluding its shootaround at TD Banknorth Garden.

"We're not involved," he said flatly. "Anybody has a right to throw out names. That's a part of speculating. But we're not involved. That's all I can tell them. We like our team and we're moving forward with our team."

The Mavericks have been rumored by many outlets to be the likely destination for Kidd, who began his NBA career when he was drafted by Dallas in 1994 and has asked to be traded by the New Jersey Nets.

Johnson reiterated that the Mavericks believe that this team as constructed is capable of winning the championship.

"We feel when we have our 10-man rotation, we feel we can be pretty good," he said. "We know there are a lot more teams favored to win it than we are this year. But we like our team."

So the Mavericks have no interest in Kidd?

"We like our team," Johnson said.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

We have expiring contracts and young talent like Gibson and Shannon Brown. Heck throw in Dru and the Nets find the scoring big man they need. The Cavs are just as much a player in the talks as the Mavs or Lakers

roll.gif
There is NOTHING on the cavs other then Lebron that any team wouldwant in a trade. other then out side shooting what does Gibson do?? and is that the same Shannon Brown that pretty much gets no PT with the cavs now?
Diop is a defensive anchor, he just turned 26, he's consistently gotten better every year in Dallas.
at $%@%$!* what?

Back
Top Bottom