Sources: Kidd Wants Out Of New Jersey

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Dallas fans are foolish as hell to not want Kidd for Harris and Stack.
Harris is good... they already have Stack in New Jersey... his name is Vince Carter....

laugh.gif
That's highway robbery for the Nets...talk about reloading for thefuture.

Jarret Jack, Travis Outlaw, Channing Frye, Sean Williams, Josh Boone, Marcus Williams, Antoine Wright

Thats a big time young nucleus.

^ That's what I'm saying... That's a hell of a deal for the Nets, a decent deal for the Blazers, and honestly sucks for Dallas. It's a decent(no, not great) upgrade for the next year or so, and absolutely abysmal for the future. This team's core is still relatively young, and they're allsigned through 2011... I don't see the need to make a panic move and deal away a ton of assets for a PG that makes you marginally better for the nextcouple of years...

I think Kidd would certainly help the Mavs, but not to the tune of trading Harris, Stackhouse, Diop, George, etc...

^ Young nucleus......but is it a good nucleus?

Blazers have a good young nucleus.

Jack doesnt seem like hes gonna get any better. Outlaw can. Frye hasn't shown much. Williams and Boone are good. Marcus....possibly. Antoine, this year hesfinally done something but still not good enough.

Now, if that was a bench lineup for a team, thats awesome. But if they all makeup your starting roster....not so much.

i've been trying to work something out. this is a little too much of a shake up for each team, but its the only trade i could get to go through
raw1nk.jpg

If the Mavs traded Stackhouse to New Jersey, and they bought him out (which is reportedly what they'd do), could the Mavs then go back and re-sign him? Oris there a window within which he's off-limits to Dallas?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If the Mavs traded Stackhouse to New Jersey, and they bought him out (which is reportedly what they'd do), could the Mavs then go back and re-sign him? Or is there a window within which he's off-limits to Dallas?

I don't think there's a window. I remember Stacey Augmon did that in the Pippen trade, he turned right around and came back to Portland. If thereis a window it's gotta be pretty small, like 3 days or something silly like that.

Sources close to me say Portland could be pulling out of the talks because of Devon Harris' injury

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Sources close to me say Portland could be pulling out of the talks because of Devon Harris' injury
laugh.gif
Quit lyin... You heard that on the radio.

These trade yall coming up with for the Mavericks are a joke, you don't realize how much Harris, Diop, and Stack mean to the Mavericks.

laugh.gif

Considering I work for ESPN Radio your partially right.

Man...I don't necessarily like the dude...but Devin can certainly play...and I like him a TON better than Steve Blake.

Losing Travis is tough -- but to get a young PG to complement Brandon Roy would be amazing. This is a great trade for all teams involved, and gives the Netseverything they'll need reloading to the future.

Mavs get a 3-year shot at a title that they lost when they didn't re-sign Nash.
Blazers get the PG of the future who can score, pass, up the tempo and run an offense.
Nets get cap relief, draft picks, and young talent.

I'm down for it.

laugh.gif

You an intern for the Galloway show?
nerd.gif

The Three team trade rumor is interesting because of the players that are involved.

Yes, the Nets would have a young nucleus with Sean Williams, Josh Boone, Marcus Williams, Antoine Wright, Channing Frye, Jarret Jack, and Travis Outlaw. Butyou still have Krstic as well who could recover from his injury and Vince and RJ.

Problem is, how good could they be? Outlaw has played well and the Nets have wanted Frye since he was drafted by the Knicks. Wright has been inconsistant and adisapointment in his first three years in the league. Josh has been the equivalent of David Lee for the Nets and Sean is looking like he will be successful inthe league.

I rather get Harris if he is involved but the Nets could be competitive still with the trade the way it is and have picks and young talent to do a deal that islike the Kevin Garnett trade on draft night. Or they can have a nucleus that can lead them to brooklyn if that happens.

Oh, and we have tradeable assets. We're in this just as any other team is...
Let's list such assets, assuming the obvious (King and Z are untouchable, and Varejao can't even be moved):

Gooden
Gibson
Pavlovic
Snow
Da. Jones
Dw. Jones
Newble
Hughes
D. Brown
Marshall

There is NOBODY among that riffraff the Nets would take back in a deal for Jason Kidd straight up in a two-team deal. They want young players and expiringcontracts, and the only player(s) that don't fall against either category are probably Gibson and Pavlovic and that's probably not enough to Rod Thornto give up Marcus Williams, let alone Kidd.

Cleveland would be a great place for Kidd, but there's no combination the Cavs can offer the Nets that would compose even 70% of his value.

^ Not to mention they'd have to offer THAT MUCH more of a deal considering they're also in the East. Cavs have a remote shot at this.

Another thing of importance is how deep this draft is and how much value those 1st Round picks hold.

trade aint happening. No way portland ruins their team half way through the season to get just one player.

Not just that, the Mavericks as well, their still a good contender in the West, no team in the L has beat more quality teams in the West then the Mavericks.

The Mavericks won't lose any major key pieces (Devin AND Jet/Stack) in order to get an upgrade. If this were someone like Kobe, or another really good SG,I would understand, but for an upgraded older PG? No thanks.

He said he wants to play for a winner and a chance at a title, Mr. Kidd Minnesota welcomes you with open arms.
pimp.gif

frown.gif

laugh.gif

You an intern for the Galloway show?
nerd.gif

No, not a intern, employed by them. I produced Galloways show today because Dodge was sick. I also produce the Mavs Pre and Post Game shows along withdoing some SportsCenter Updates. My first name is Trey if that helps you any.

Cleveland gives up
Ira Newble
Damon Jones
Larry Hughes

Cavs get
Christian Drejer
Jason Kidd

Chicago gets
Ira Newble
LArry Hughes

Chicago gives up
Ben Wallace

New Jersey gets
Ben Wallace
Damon Jones

NJ gives up
Christian Drejer
J Kidd

roll.gif
i like it

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

trade aint happening. No way portland ruins their team half way through the season to get just one player.

I hope you're right..I would not want the blazers to give up outlaw and frye for devin harris...

Back
Top Bottom