Sources: Kidd Wants Out Of New Jersey

Originally Posted by tupac003

Why would dallas need J.Kidd?

Because they need a veteran Point Guard. Specially for the play-off run.

I wouldn't want him for the Cavs - we don't need more passing - we need a consistent PG with an outside shot.

Kidd hasn't ever been considered one of those.

The Lakers is a much better fit.

Yes, he's a better fit for the Lakers, but he makes 19 mil per....

I would love to keep Odom because Kidd would just make him a better player, but salary wise, he would have to go. Unless Jerry Buss doesn't mind paying theluxury tax.

Kobe would be more than happy, Staples will be sold out every single game, and Ska would be jumping for joy... Perfect fit.

Because I honestly believe the Mavs might be the worst passing team in the NBA. As good as Devin Harris has been this year, he's still not aguy that is going to create opportunities for everyone else on the floor on a consistent basis... I wouldn't be surprised if Cuban, Donnie Nelson and Averydecided this move was unnecessary, and no move is made, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they pursued it aggressively. Problem is, what do they give up?I don't see them trading Devin Harris, and Josh Howard and Dirk will obviously be off-limits. They won't trade Diop for Kidd, can't see themitching to trade Jason Terry when he's really the only deep threat on the roster... Fudging a Keith Van Horn expiring deal would be about the only realpiece I can see as a clear trading chip right now, and it'd be a big one if New Jersey just wants some serious cap relief at the end of the season...

If the Nets trade Kidd, they need to dump Vince as well and start fresh. I'd keep Jefferson to build around for now, unless someone blows your socks offwith an offer.

this dude want out like every other week. Then he say he happy, then he say he want out again. Be a**#%+%* man and stick with i want out till they trade you,or just suck it up and finish the season and get a trade in the offseason. Damn, I miss the days where people just played the game, ++!! this I want out ofwhere im at *%+!, you gettin paid millions to do something most people would love to do for free shut the ++!! up.

Sry for the mini rant but damn. I mean i know Kidd is a hall of famer so he has prven himself in the league but damn common just shut up and play ball, becausehonestly i think he too old for the nets to even ask for a whole lot, why you think the Lakers wouldnt give up young talent for him (bynum). and thatsbasically what the nets want is young talent and i dont think anyone who is a decent team is going to want to give that up. Thats assuming kidd want outbecause the team isnt good.

Damn, I miss the days where people just played the game
don't we all?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Because I honestly believe the Mavs might be the worst passing team in the NBA. As good as Devin Harris has been this year, he's still not a guy that is going to create opportunities for everyone else on the floor on a consistent basis... I wouldn't be surprised if Cuban, Donnie Nelson and Avery decided this move was unnecessary, and no move is made, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they pursued it aggressively. Problem is, what do they give up? I don't see them trading Devin Harris, and Josh Howard and Dirk will obviously be off-limits. They won't trade Diop for Kidd, can't see them itching to trade Jason Terry when he's really the only deep threat on the roster... Fudging a Keith Van Horn expiring deal would be about the only real piece I can see as a clear trading chip right now, and it'd be a big one if New Jersey just wants some serious cap relief at the end of the season...

If the Nets trade Kidd, they need to dump Vince as well and start fresh. I'd keep Jefferson to build around for now, unless someone blows your socks off with an offer.
I really don't think they need j.kidd. The passing might not be great but you guys were in the finals 2 years ago and just ran into a bad match uplast year. Plus 20 mil? Who would you trade? Why break up something good?

Richard Jefferson is garbage, he'll never lead any NBA team to the playoffs.

Rod Thorn is one of the smarter GMs out there in the NBA. He'll probably package Kidd for atleast 1 first rounder + a good young player with a highceiling.

Alright, In the past I have bashed the laker fans on this board due to the dreaming deals that they have come up with to get Kidd but with Rod Thorn'scomments about how they are over the cap and are handcuffed when trying to make a deal, I believe that these deals are more possible now.

I want to wait till tonight's broadcast of the wolves/nets game to see if it is mentioned( I do not think so but any thing is possible with the way theyhave played lately.) Like JB 23 I believe these rumors more than the beginning of the year because Rod has commented about not being able to make good trades.(both for team improvement and to trade kidd)

That Carter contract will be the most difficult contract to move and he will probably be a net for the rest of his career unless he pulls what he did intoronto causing a lopsided trade to happen. Now there is more of an understanding of why stefanski left not only for a better opportunity but to be on a teamthat has cap and contracts that can be moved to improve the team in the future. Like the newark star ledger stated, they are two losses from 13th in thedivision. They are also only a 1 or 2 games from the 8th spot. They would be in the playoffs again but at the expense of a first round loss to boston ordetroit?

I am one of those nets fans that is die hard and think highly of my team (I still think we can get out of this) but I am beginning to raise that white flag andsay let the Yinka Dare, Rony Seikly, Johnny Newhman nets come back for a few years and develop the opportunity to be a contender in brooklyn. We can go withRJ, Sean Williams, Boone, Krstic, and I think they will sign toine to a deal in the off-season. (I believe Marcus will be dealt in a deal involving Collins sosomeone would take that contract...... Bum,Stonehands collins.)

RJ is as good as he will be. We tried to run the team around him when kidd was out and although he had his best season before being hurt, he wasn't able tocarry the team afloat until kidd got back. He does need a player who can compliment him. Maybe Vince will step up and be the man now that kidd is gone? I doubtit but I believe we are in for some bad times again at the swamp unless Rod can work some magic. If I could turn to my dad and say that the Knicks look betterwithout Marbury and could of been a good team this year if they didn't go through the mess with Isiah and Marbury, then you know that this Nets team isbad.

This has been a horrible time for basketball in the tri-state area and you can tell that many people don't care if the Knicks or Nets are playing bad bythe corner articles that the newspaper run that you can just tell what the score was and thats it.

Because I honestly believe the Mavs might be the worst passing team in the NBA. As good as Devin Harris has been this year, he's still not a guy that is going to create opportunities for everyone else on the floor on a consistent basis... I wouldn't be surprised if Cuban, Donnie Nelson and Avery decided this move was unnecessary, and no move is made, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they pursued it aggressively. Problem is, what do they give up? I don't see them trading Devin Harris, and Josh Howard and Dirk will obviously be off-limits. They won't trade Diop for Kidd, can't see them itching to trade Jason Terry when he's really the only deep threat on the roster... Fudging a Keith Van Horn expiring deal would be about the only real piece I can see as a clear trading chip right now, and it'd be a big one if New Jersey just wants some serious cap relief at the end of the season...

If the Nets trade Kidd, they need to dump Vince as well and start fresh. I'd keep Jefferson to build around for now, unless someone blows your socks off with an offer.
I really don't think they need j.kidd. The passing might not be great but you guys were in the finals 2 years ago and just ran into a bad match up last year. Plus 20 mil? Who would you trade? Why break up something good?

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a Devin guy I don't think we need Kidd. We need a real shooter with size more than we need Jason Kidd.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm a Devin guy I don't think we need Kidd. We need a real shooter with size more than we need Jason Kidd
I've come around on Devin a bit this year, and I'd certainly agree that this team has bigger needs than a veteran PG... But if itdoesn't cost much (Devin, Josh, Dirk), and there's not another move to be made, what could it hurt? Adding Kidd moves Jason Terry off the PG rotationentirely, and that can't do anything but help. Going with Kidd/Devin at the point, Jones/Terry at SG, and Josh/Stack at SF looks a TON better than whatwe're throwing out there nightly right now. But, if a guy like Michael Redd or somebody of that nature came available, that HAS to be Priority #1.
Why would the Nets do either one of these deals??
laugh.gif
For real... The Nets aren't taking back crappy contracts like Larry Hughes and Vlad Rad if they dump Kidd and go into rebuilding mode...

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Lakers fans, please with the "Do it Mitch"

its pretty lame

laugh.gif
what you don't realize is half the time its not even Lakerfans, people just say it just to say it, hell ive seenit plenty of times in general

I really don't think they need j.kidd. The passing might not be great but you guys were in the finals 2 years ago and just ran into a bad match up last year. Plus 20 mil? Who would you trade? Why break up something good?

agree..plus Kidd's style of play doesnt really fit the Mavs( ex: Nash) ...i mean i would LOVE to have Kidd with the Mavs but if it means breaking theteam up i dont think its really that worth it...

PS: those "do it mitch" posts are starting to get annoying

If kidd ends up anywhere it should be with the cavs because larry isn't a 1 and shouldn't be running the 1. Kidd and lebron is scary....

If kidd ends up anywhere it should be with the cavs because larry isn't a 1 and shouldn't be running the 1. Kidd and lebron is scary....
Problem is, the Cavs have NOTHING of value. And Danny Ferry isn't becoming a competent GM overnight, either.

Regardless if he wants out or not, management needs to implode the team and start over, because this team/coaching is obviously not cutting it.

Even if they make the playoffs, they'll be out in the 1st or 2nd round.

Problem is, the Cavs have NOTHING of value. And Danny Ferry isn't becoming a competent GM overnight, either.
I would say larry and snow for kidd, but larry's deal is for 3 and not 2 years. Nets really need to start thinking about dumping salary so theycan make a run at lebron in 2010.

Richard Jefferson is garbage, he'll never lead any NBA team to the playoffs.

Boy, you silly,
laugh.gif

He's much better than Vince Carter this year. Richard is a much better scorer this year.

And as for Jason Kidd, if it involved Devin Harris, please no. If anyone, part ways with JET or Stack, but not both. I really don't want to see us break upDevin+Josh+Dirk, and we need a solid SG more than another PG.

Back
Top Bottom