Space Jam XI '09 Yellowing

Originally Posted by apossiblehybrid

how many times are you gonna seaglow them?

I'm done sea glowin them. It took 11 years for them to get to the minor yellow that they were at, so I'm not worried about them turnin' piss on me. Maybe I'll do it again in 5 years? I don't wear them more than twice a month, and I brush the soles with soap and water before I put them back in the box.

Originally Posted by apossiblehybrid

how many times are you gonna seaglow them?

I'm done sea glowin them. It took 11 years for them to get to the minor yellow that they were at, so I'm not worried about them turnin' piss on me. Maybe I'll do it again in 5 years? I don't wear them more than twice a month, and I brush the soles with soap and water before I put them back in the box.

Originally Posted by anti808

Originally Posted by vipersupra

^^makin me wish i had a ds 00 pair or vvnds one.. comfortable shoe compare to 09 thats for sure.. mine is pretty beat but still lotsa life left.. i tried seaglowin em but it sepeated on me so i glued it back (midsole part) nd now my finger cud fit in the midsole gap part.. =( hope the sole dont come off when i wear em again. lol

Ahh, that sucks bro. I didn't actually use natural sunlight. Here was my setup:

E8Rm4l.jpg

Cost me $25, no heat, no separation. 6500K CFL's inside of two clip-on lamps.

SWEET i need to get something like that i still use the sun hopping they dont seperate lol

Originally Posted by anti808

Originally Posted by vipersupra

^^makin me wish i had a ds 00 pair or vvnds one.. comfortable shoe compare to 09 thats for sure.. mine is pretty beat but still lotsa life left.. i tried seaglowin em but it sepeated on me so i glued it back (midsole part) nd now my finger cud fit in the midsole gap part.. =( hope the sole dont come off when i wear em again. lol

Ahh, that sucks bro. I didn't actually use natural sunlight. Here was my setup:

E8Rm4l.jpg

Cost me $25, no heat, no separation. 6500K CFL's inside of two clip-on lamps.

SWEET i need to get something like that i still use the sun hopping they dont seperate lol

Originally Posted by alex1689

If you keep your shoes air tight, the less chance they have to yellow

Yea but u have a better chance of them crumbling on u. As stated plenty of times just wear your shoes people. Now that its decent I finally plan to UN-DS my cool greys today. Gonna UNds my jams this summer too

Originally Posted by alex1689

If you keep your shoes air tight, the less chance they have to yellow

Yea but u have a better chance of them crumbling on u. As stated plenty of times just wear your shoes people. Now that its decent I finally plan to UN-DS my cool greys today. Gonna UNds my jams this summer too

man...this is whats stopping me from copping a pair today...smh everyone wants 300 but their soles are yellowed allready

man...this is whats stopping me from copping a pair today...smh everyone wants 300 but their soles are yellowed allready

yellow on a clear sole is something that you just have to deal with b...i really want a pair of the white anniv. 11s and SJs too but this is what you have to deal with.

yellow on a clear sole is something that you just have to deal with b...i really want a pair of the white anniv. 11s and SJs too but this is what you have to deal with.

Mine is pretty Icy still....
Its probably how you store it.....
or basically unlucky pair of space jams.....
Its random.....

Mine is pretty Icy still....
Its probably how you store it.....
or basically unlucky pair of space jams.....
Its random.....

I haven't checked my Jordan 11 Silver anniversary.....
I better check it out ASAP.....
Those shoes are very risky of discoloration.
mad.gif

I haven't checked my Jordan 11 Silver anniversary.....
I better check it out ASAP.....
Those shoes are very risky of discoloration.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by MrWavez

It's going to happen regardless. I wore my 00's maybe five times, and cleaned the soles after each wear. Regardless of how careful you are when storing them, unless they are in a temperature and moisture controlled environment, they are going to yellow. That being said, you can just sea glow them back to life...

Originally Posted by MrWavez

It's going to happen regardless. I wore my 00's maybe five times, and cleaned the soles after each wear. Regardless of how careful you are when storing them, unless they are in a temperature and moisture controlled environment, they are going to yellow. That being said, you can just sea glow them back to life...

Originally Posted by andrew206

OG2345 ---->
roll.gif
What's so funny bro?
Anywho......
eyes.gif

Back to the topic, after almost 4 months since creating this thread, I took out the carbon paper from inside and this happened since, took pic with my celly, but the lighting and flash make them look way worse. Will update soon with a better digi cam pic..for now:
I went from
embarassed.gif
.....to this........
eek.gif
.............then....
frown.gif
....and finally
mad.gif
 @ JB.....boo!! Least the CG's sole was better. Smh @ JB.
Think I may have to un-ds these soon. Never thought it be this bad, just wanted to actually rock them in the future with my kid, but guess that's out of the picture for now.

Originally Posted by andrew206

OG2345 ---->
roll.gif
What's so funny bro?
Anywho......
eyes.gif

Back to the topic, after almost 4 months since creating this thread, I took out the carbon paper from inside and this happened since, took pic with my celly, but the lighting and flash make them look way worse. Will update soon with a better digi cam pic..for now:
I went from
embarassed.gif
.....to this........
eek.gif
.............then....
frown.gif
....and finally
mad.gif
 @ JB.....boo!! Least the CG's sole was better. Smh @ JB.
Think I may have to un-ds these soon. Never thought it be this bad, just wanted to actually rock them in the future with my kid, but guess that's out of the picture for now.

Back
Top Bottom