SPECIAL EDITION JORDAN SHOES?

Should Jordan Brand make a shoe with the #12?

• YES

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I wish they would do more with og colors. But just change the dominant color. Ex, white aquas, which we've seen pics before of. white last shots, black Cardinals, white charcoal viis. You know what I mean. Keep the same accents but change the dominant color. Screw the gimmick just come out with some true alternate colorways. The 8 that just came out as an alternate was pretty good. More of those maybe.
Thats exacly what I would picture a clean alternte colorway with a 12 somewhere on it, idk why some of yall think its such a bad idea

Thats exacly what I would picture a clean alternte colorway with a 12 somewhere on it, idk why some of yall think its such a bad idea
. It would only work with a five white fire red because that's what he was wearing. Still the jersey was worn only because a theft took place. Still don't think that compares to a 45 shoe. I understand what you're getting at but JB has gotten rediculous in the past with their gimmicks. This would just add to that. The number 12 was just a random jersey that was there at the time. Not like MJ picked that personally. I'd be shocked if they did something with that situation to sell a retro. But at this point, not surprised.

. It would only work with a five white fire red because that's what he was wearing. Still the jersey was worn only because a theft took place. Still don't think that compares to a 45 shoe. I understand what you're getting at but JB has gotten rediculous in the past with their gimmicks. This would just add to that. The number 12 was just a random jersey that was there at the time. Not like MJ picked that personally. I'd be shocked if they did something with that situation to sell a retro. But at this point, not surprised.
It's not that significant. The 45 had much more and was actually featured on multiple Jordans in the 90s. And hell no, they shouldn't add anything extra to the fire red 5s at all. Leave that in the 2000s with the flu game 12 and FTLOG 7s.

You hit the nail in the head they have gotten ridiculous but I wouldn't be shocked or surprised either and yea the 5s would work but I would say in an alternate colorway to not ruin a classic, or maybe the model Jordan wore when he recorded his most steals in a game since they STOLE his jersey lol..But like I said they've put alternate numbers and made retros for waaay more ridiculous reasons before so I don't see why not for this plus the story behind it is great its history. If its a fresh new colorway, good materials I'll take it!
It's not that significant. The 45 had much more and was actually featured on multiple Jordans in the 90s. And hell no, they shouldn't add anything extra to the fire red 5s at all. Leave that in the 2000s with the flu game 12 and FTLOG 7s.
The 45 is unquestionable that number has too much meaning. But hey they put a 75 on the Paris 10s what big significance does Paris or the 75 have to Jordan?..see what I mean? and I'm not knockin those they were dope but they've always done things like this, a 12 makes a lot more sense than things they've done in the past..since when does Jordan brand only focus on making SIGNIFICANT shoes? come on now we all know better its Jordan Brand we talking about here 
laugh.gif

Why not a Magic colorway 5 with a 12 on it? Does that work for everyone?
Good idea that might work, either way I just think they should do it that would be dope, it would make sense, little sense, but sense..and release it maybe on the anniversary of that incident? 

Why not a Magic colorway 5 with a 12 on it? Does that work for everyone?

I think something like that is going to happen, totally can see it.

And in regards to running out of ideas, I was mainly referring to moments in his life that they are using as themes of retros.

I think something like that is going to happen, totally can see it.

And in regards to running out of ideas, I was mainly referring to moments in his life that they are using as themes of retros.
I agree, they've basically covered everything in his life to inspire retros, including a lot of retros for silly reasons lol thats why I'm so surprised Jordan brand hasn't made a retro with the 12 on it. Could it be that Jordan is embarrassed about the whole thing getting his jersey stolen and thats why no shoe has come out cuz he doesn't want to remind us? lol

I hope Jordan keeps making fashion pieces like the Take Flight 8s, Denim 1s, Devon 2s; if they run out of jordan accomplishments, turn to current trending styles, looks, and materials for GRs.

I hope Jordan keeps making fashion pieces like the Take Flight 8s, Denim 1s, Devon 2s; if they run out of jordan accomplishments, turn to current trending styles, looks, and materials for GRs.
they are dope but I think for me they just look too typical If they go the designer route I much better prefer shoes like the pinnacle 1s and the don c 2s

they are dope but I think for me they just look too typical If they go the designer route I much better prefer shoes like the pinnacle 1s and the don c 2s
But those are limited, I'm talking about things the average person could pick up with a GR like the take flight 8s. Solid colors, neutral tones, and different textures is something they could do just like Addidas.

Gimmicks are whack. Just give me good quality Original colorway Air Jordan Retros.

I often wonder where this company would be without the big 5 or so original Air Jordans. Credit to them because they/Nike obviously were the ones to invent the shoes to begin with 30 or so years ago...But where would they be without being able to have the fall-back of every whack idea is able to be slapped on say a Jordan 3 and people will still buy them just for that? How many of JB customers like us even mess AT ALL with non-retro JB kicks?

JB could really want to do an idea with the 12 jersey thing - which a ton of the public doesn't even remember....and because they get to slap it on the 5 (for example) they will get sales. You do an idea for the 12 jersey, or "Gatorade" or an SNL sweater on a pair of new Team J's and they sit and collect dust. Obviously nitpicking here but just was thinking out loud.

The whole point is to make it it's own brand. They try to hard at that in my opinion. I'm not against new colorways at all, or new high tech basketball shoes. But the gimmicks and the collabs are not for me because like most, people see through it. Gimmicks are too cheesy and the collabs are too limited. Jordan brand doesn't sell any more to the MJ fan. They sell to the Jumpman fan. Yes every now and again they will drop that historic pack or og colorway. Which is awesome. They are getting the best of both and milking it as long as they can. My favorite releases of all time are the ones everyone has been able to get. Special edition in many ways means limited. Which can turn people away from interest.

Gimmicks are whack. Just give me good quality Original colorway Air Jordan Retros.

I can assure you many people thought Yeezys were whack and gimmicky and thought it was ridiculous that an entertainer (not an athlete) had a deal with such a major Shoe conpany..and look now..that shoe single handedly brought Adidas back to prominence.

I agree that limited crap kills the brand unless you're a reseller or hypebeast. That shouldn't be interpreted as me saying they should drop 1,000,000 pairs of every retro but it's insane that amazingly designed PSNY 12s are limited. And they wonder why certain retro+ shoes in 2017 can't even sell for $100 on sale. Nothing will change though, JB always gets their money

The whole point is to make it it's own brand. They try to hard at that in my opinion. I'm not against new colorways at all, or new high tech basketball shoes. But the gimmicks and the collabs are not for me because like most, people see through it. Gimmicks are too cheesy and the collabs are too limited. Jordan brand doesn't sell any more to the MJ fan. They sell to the Jumpman fan. Yes every now and again they will drop that historic pack or og colorway. Which is awesome. They are getting the best of both and milking it as long as they can. My favorite releases of all time are the ones everyone has been able to get. Special edition in many ways means limited. Which can turn people away from interest.

I agree with you there special editions can mean limited and that spells doom for the average person if the 12 shoes are done it should be GR, and yes Jordan brand has been hella gimmicky but I don't think this 12 is gicmmicky, this is a valid idea and a fun/unusual fact from Jordans NBA career/history..the thing is people are just so turned off by all of JBs antics in the past that now they discredit almost every new idea that looks gimmicky.

I often wonder where this company would be without the big 5 or so original Air Jordans. Credit to them because they/Nike obviously were the ones to invent the shoes to begin with 30 or so years ago...But where would they be without being able to have the fall-back of every whack idea is able to be slapped on say a Jordan 3 and people will still buy them just for that? How many of JB customers like us even mess AT ALL with non-retro JB kicks?

JB could really want to do an idea with the 12 jersey thing - which a ton of the public doesn't even remember....and because they get to slap it on the 5 (for example) they will get sales. You do an idea for the 12 jersey, or "Gatorade" or an SNL sweater on a pair of new Team J's and they sit and collect dust. Obviously nitpicking here but just was thinking out loud.

For a min there I thought I was reading an article on JB lol..nah but seriously, best comment I've seen on this thread so far. U the real MVP lol

Taking chances on "whack" ideas have definitely helped evolve and shape JB. We could argue Nike thought it was "whack" to use the Jumpman logo exclusively instead of Nike 30 years ago, and look how that turned out?

Last edited:
For a min there I thought I was reading an article on JB lol..nah but seriously, best comment I've seen on this thread so far. U the real MVP lol

Taking chances on "whack" ideas have definitely helped evolve and shape JB. We could argue Nike thought it was "whack" to use the Jumpman logo exclusively instead of Nike 30 years ago, and look how that turned out?
. Yeah, lots in 94 thought Nike should have stopped the Jordan line. No interest they said. MJ is not gonna sell shoes if he's not playing. Now look at it. I get what your saying.

. Yeah, lots in 94 thought Nike should have stopped the Jordan line. No interest they said. MJ is not gonna sell shoes if he's not playing. Now look at it. I get what your saying.

Yup..and to date Jordan has been the ONLY athlete that has been able to branch off so successfully from its parent company with his own logos and branding without having to rely on Nikes logo/branding power.

Back
Top Bottom