(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

bloakhdf[aoipen;alckvn ae[ipfjna's ldfja oipejr'alekjrfna'ldkfnga'[eoi pja['ejr

so i'm reading book 3 and some parts are different... jaimie comes back AFTER the PW... does that mean he's gonna witness it too?

bloakhdf[aoipen;alckvn ae[ipfjna's ldfja oipejr'alekjrfna'ldkfnga'[eoi pja['ejr

so i'm reading book 3 and some parts are different... jaimie comes back AFTER the PW... does that mean he's gonna witness it too?

I was wondering that too

ASDFGHJKLKJHGFDFGHJKYTREWERTYJHGFERTDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Maybe. Seeing that would help in Jaime's transformation into becoming a decent person.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnñnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

When Peytr told Alanye his plan to resurrect Sansa Stark I was straight Weebaying
this ***** Littlefinger

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

i have complete faith that GRRM will not go your typical routine of character resolution.....like Theon getting his revenge on Ramsay etc. which is why these books are crack but waiting till at least 2015 for WoW smh

What is taking him so long to write the series?

Were the books not selling out before the TV Show?

What is taking him so long to write the series?

Were the books not selling out before the TV Show?
It takes up a lot of time and work to write a novel of this scale, especially if at any point he kept adding to it. Last book was mad pgs, he's said the next will be even more. Lots of research and keeping up with continuity is involved. He knows the ending though so that should help but still if you want it done just to be done we'll get crap and ppl will complain he fell off but when he's satisfied with it that's when we'll get what was intended and it should meet or exceed expectations.

Books weren't selling much with like the first two.

Last edited:
plus u have to remember GOT 1st book has been out for like 15 years. it just started picking up steam like 4-5 years ago.. abd adwd only came out like what 2-3 years ago.
so many characters so many possibilities. story could possibly be altered now due to fan response from the show and book. I mean its possible. but still will take a lot

My only fear is that he won't get to finish the series.

Let's all pray to the Old Gods and the New for his health.

GRRM has said that he would not let that happen. He'll at least have TWOW finished before they start a season of ADWD. With how much is supposed to happen in TWOW, I'm sure he'll finish ADOS before the series starts on TWOW.

Dude takes forever with all his editing. I'll be an old man myself by the time the story is finished.

It's a good thing y'all weren't reading this during the 2000's. The wait for ADWD would have killed you :lol:

The wait for the final book will have the world extra thirsty. If he ends TWOW on a cliffhanger people will lose their minds. I was tempted to light my book on fire after finishing ADWD.

Blah Blah Blah Yada Yada Yada Jibber Jabber Jibber Jabber Pintos.....

Y'all thought the pyke stuff was boring? The Kingsmoot was awesome... Crow's Eye is that dude. Can't wait for that whole ordeal including that ship Victarion takes.. :rofl: at him kicking Talbert Serry into the ocean

My fear is that the show will overlap the book and spoil the ending, then causing tension between the producers and GRRM.

I think that will be inevitable because from the interviews with the producers, they do no want to budge from their envisioned length of 8 seasons. I'm pretty confident they will cover all of book 4 and 5 in season 5 and start on Winds of Winter for season 6 (production in 2015).

There won't be enough time for GRRM to finish the series before they catch up and I don't think stalling production is the answer because the kids are growing up fast :lol:. I believe only two years has pass story wise since GoT so i really don't wanna see Arya and Bran be 20-something years old for the last season.

Last edited:
I think they should stretch out books 4 & 5 into two seasons. As far as the actors growing up, I don't mind. It's cool seeing them grow up and as each book comes out, time passes so it should be expected that the characters age.

I made a timeline in my notes the other day trying to figure how the timeline between the books and show would work:

2011: season 1- book 1

2012: season 2- book 2

2013: season 3- 1st half book 3

2014: season 4- 2nd half book 3
*hopefully book 6 will be out

2015: season 5- book 4 & 5
** pushing it but guaranteed to be out by now (book 6)

2016: season 6- book 4 & 5

2017: season 7- book 6

2018: season 8- book 7

Maybe something like that? The problem isn't really TWOW, its when will the next one be out after that.

Blah Blah Blah Yada Yada Yada Jibber Jabber Jibber Jabber Pintos.....

Y'all thought the pyke stuff was boring? The Kingsmoot was awesome... Crow's Eye is that dude. Can't wait for that whole ordeal including that ship Victarion takes.. :rofl: at him kicking Talbert Serry into the ocean

In retrospect, it wasn't that book 4 was boring.... If anyone else read them back 2 back 2 back like me, you were just so damn ready to continue the Tyrion & daenerys storyline and it never came. I remember being so pissed off the whole time reading it. Then you get to that last chapter and its grrm talkin bout how he split it up. :Rage

Anyways... My guess of the tv schedule

I would guess season 4 finishes book 3 and lightly dabbles in a little 4/5. 2014

Season 5 ( 1/2 of book 4 & 5) 2015
Season 6 ( 2nd 1/2 of book 4 & 5) 2016

Season 7 ( 2/3 of TWOW) 2017
Season 8 (last 1/3 of TWOW & 1/3 of ADOS) 2018
Season 9 ( last 2/3 of ADOS) 2019

Plenty of time for GRRM to finish writing

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnñnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

When Peytr told Alanye his plan to resurrect Sansa Stark I was straight Weebaying
this ***** Littlefinger

weebay.gif

Yeah me too

Littlefinger is a crafty little bastard

As far as book 4, I liked it a lot more my second read through. It's still probably the worst one but I appreciate it more.

If book 6 and 7 are half as epic as they should be then there is no way they can cover each of them in one season unless they do some heavy cutting.

If there is cutting, I'd rather it be from from 4/5 because jack**** happens in those books. I can already see a lot of the useless material from mereen being cut and I can also see them cutting out most of the Dorne stuff, if not everything. I mean how important is Quentyn Martell? He's just one in a series of like 4 characters trying to reach Dany and at the end of it all, he accomplishes nothing.

I actually like the Dorne and Queensmoot stuff from Book 4, I'm all for the world building but i just dont think itll work well for the show.

I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed book 4 more than book 5..Those Mereen chapters were TOUGH to get through man :lol:

I actually like the Dorne and Queensmoot stuff from Book 4, I'm all for the world building but i just dont think itll work well for the show.

I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed book 4 more than book 5..Those Mereen chapters were TOUGH to get through man :lol:

All the Dorne stuff was great, what killed the Greyjoy chapters for me was the constant mentioning of the drowned god and the what is dead may never die but rise again
Victorian and the Crows eye was cool, its Aeron i can't stand

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom