(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

yea danny in book 5 was super boring... but my man. barristans were good

SSkkjjjjjirutufufughgjfjfjjfcjjfjfjfjfjfjfjfkfkfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfkfjjfjfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfk

Seems like her story arc gets real interesting with the next book. Hopefully. I wanted to correct people in the show thread who were saying they think Dany freeing all those slaves won't cause problems and everything will be all wavy but I deleted my post that may have sounded anything like a semi-spoiler. You can't eliminate a region's main industry which is slavery and expect things to operate the same. Socially and financially things turned to crap.

I actually like the Dorne and Queensmoot stuff from Book 4, I'm all for the world building but i just dont think itll work well for the show.

I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed book 4 more than book 5..Those Mereen chapters were TOUGH to get through man :lol:

All the Dorne stuff was great, what killed the Greyjoy chapters for me was the constant mentioning of the drowned god and the what is dead may never die but rise again
Victorian and the Crows eye was cool, its Aeron i can't stand

For some reason all that stuff interested me

and yea all the people... including MY FATHER was like "Awww yea Khaleesi got all the slaves fighting for her" I was like >D they are poor slaves who can fight let alone feed themselves...she just goof'd.

I read book 3 & 4 back to back during the break between Season 1 & 2. I had no problem with the new people.

Thoughts on Melissandre bringing Ned Stark back to life?

roll.gif

Joke.

Anyway, what do you think about the title of the series?

A Song of Ice and Fire?

Fire = Daenerys? 

Ice = Possibly Jon?

Any theories?

Last edited:
My opinion

Ice = the great other, others(white walkers)

Fire = r'hllor, azor ahai, possible connection to dragons

Last edited:
HodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorPenny

I think it's Jon and Dany also. Maybe the "song" is their child they'll have once they follow their Targaryen tradition :lol:

Ok that's seems to be the reaching one. The great other and R'hollor seems more sensible.

HodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorHodorHordorHordorPenny

I think it's Jon and Dany also. Maybe the "song" is their child they'll have once they follow their Targaryen tradition :lol:

Ok that's seems to be the reaching one. The great other and R'hollor seems more sensible.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Imagine if Jon and Dany meet and there is instant attraction but Jon never finds out that he's a Targaryen also :lol: :x. She'll ask him if he ever thought about mounting a dragon.

It'll be interesting to see who the real re-incarnated hero is. Many doubt Stannis is and that Melisandre is just using him but who knows. Maybe it's Dany or Jon or someone we don't expect. The final book could be a blood bath with the Others killing off most of the characters.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Imagine if Jon and Dany meet and there is instant attraction but Jon never finds out that he's a Targaryen also :lol: :x. She'll ask him if he ever thought about mounting a dragon.

It'll be interesting to see who the real re-incarnated hero is. Many doubt Stannis is and that Melisandre is just using him but who knows. Maybe it's Dany or Jon or someone we don't expect. The final book could be a blood bath with the Others killing off most of the characters.

I definitely think its not Stannis. Him and his false sword

^

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe Victarion is a possibility. He'd look pretty badass killing people with a flaming sword and his charcoal arm.

HodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodorHodorhodorhodorhodor

Lol... You guys always want the most fantastical explanations for the things that are pretty much already laid out in front of you. But I do somewhat agree with you guys...I'll explain later

In a literal sense, I don't think ASOIAF represents two people. It's essentially the battle between good (fire) and evil (ice). I think the big reveal or mystery of series is how they both relate to each other and their true origins.

As far as Jon and Dany go.... My prediction is that the Victorian plot is a way to introduce Dany to a red priest. The quaithe chick has already mentioned to Dany that she should travel to asshai, and that will be a way to make that happen. I think Dany is Azor ahai.... The whole prophecy is based on him sacrificing his wife in order to get the flaming sword. So if you think metaphorically, Dany sacrificed drogo in order to birth her dragons, which could easily be interpreted as a flaming sword.... Who knows, she may also end up using their dragon fire to forge some type of weapon for herself

For Jon, I think a typical GRRM left field twist be for melisandre to try to resurrect Jon and something goes wrong. He turns, something posses him, or he doesn't trust melisandre and he heads north to be with the others. This would be a way for us to learn the origins and abilities of the white walkers. And then somehow Jon comes to find out that he is the rightful ruler of the others. It's possible bran could tie into this somehow as well.

It would be also be interesting because if Jon does turn out to be the son of rhea gar and lyanna, both him and Dany have legitimate claims to the throne. But the ironic thing is that it won't even matter. Maybe then Jon and Dany get together, join the two opposing sides somehow and happily ever after. But I know that wont be the case.

Ok I'm done :tongue:

Last edited:
GRRM did mention somewhere that we will see Land of Always Winter. So Jon turning into an Other isn't too far fetched.
But maybe a POV from Alliser Thorne since he's still out there somewhere?

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I hope Jon doesn't turn into a wight walker :frown:. Don't want him to go out like that. Maybe if he does get resurrected by Melisandre he will be something different like you guys mentioned. His Targ blood will have some sort of reaction and Melisandre will figure out he has dragon blood in him. He'll have the blood of a king like Gendry that could help win the war in her eyes.

Hhggghhhhhhgggfybybygyguffghhhhyggttttreesssddfghjiioooplllkjhgfdddd

Some speculate that Jon is about to get his Azor Ahai on. Reborn amidst "smoke and salt". His "wounds were smoking in the cold night air". And Bowen Marsh's tears representing salt.

Just want to add that Melisandre visions Jon Snow in her flames on several occasions.

Man so many crazy theories out there, WoW needs to come out already!

ffkg ok fjfkfjfjckfjdnck f2f jfudkfj f2f kd hi f kkk gogkcjcjckg kkk gufkfhd hi d halal hgkckcjcjfn cc hck McCain j mmHg igig

how long was it said the rebellion was....I kinda find it hard for me to believe the jon is rhaegar and lyannas child....
why was Robert so in love with her if she was pregnant and running around with rhaegar..
I believe he is more roberts (first bastard) or neds brother.
prolly not roberts since before rebellion all he wanted was lyanna. and supposedly much younger.
what were the tine frames???? robert had been ruling for like 10 years or rebellion started 13-15 years ago or something. .. I'm trying to re read the series but I got really busy.. right now reading the dunk and egg prequel

Anyone here came to the conclusion that Jon = Lyanna and Rhaegar without reading anything about it on the internet and agreeing on what people say?

ffkg ok fjfkfjfjckfjdnck f2f jfudkfj f2f kd hi f kkk gogkcjcjckg kkk gufkfhd hi d halal hgkckcjcjfn cc hck McCain j mmHg igig

how long was it said the rebellion was....I kinda find it hard for me to believe the jon is rhaegar and lyannas child....
why was Robert so in love with her if she was pregnant and running around with rhaegar..
I believe he is more roberts (first bastard) or neds brother.
prolly not roberts since before rebellion all he wanted was lyanna. and supposedly much younger.
what were the tine frames???? robert had been ruling for like 10 years or rebellion started 13-15 years ago or something. .. I'm trying to re read the series but I got really busy.. right now reading the dunk and egg prequel

Rebellion was about a year or so.

Robert didn't see her after she was kidnapped so there's no way he would know if she was pregnant or not. She was kidnapped, held in the Tower of Joy, died then Ned buried her before riding to Starfall.

Robert ruled for ~16 years.

Emphasis on "kidnapped".

Everyone that speaks of Rhaegar always speaks highly of him. So as far as we know, for him to kidnap is out of his character. So we're not sure if Lyanna was actually kidnapped or they both just ran off away together to the Tower of Joy. And we also don't know how long they were in there for.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Anyone here came to the conclusion that Jon = Lyanna and Rhaegar without reading anything about it on the internet and agreeing on what people say?

I was reading up on the Rebellion on wiki and was reading the circumstances on how Ned found her. Then a lightbulb went off and I was like wait a minute. With those clues everything made sense. Then I saw it was the popular theory. Which book talked about him finding her covered in blood? That was the biggest clue of all for me.

I like how everyone gave her the benefit of the doubt and she couldn't possibly have run away with the Prince.

One of Dany's vision in the House of the Undying:

"A blue flower growing from a ***** in a wall of ice, filling the air with sweetness."

-Rhaegar gave Lyanna blue flowers at the Tourney of Harrenhal.

-The blue flower represents Jon Snow growing into a man at the Wall (becoming Lord Commander).

Fun little tidbits from her visions:

Foreshadowing of the RW: "A feast of slaughtered corpses holding cups, spoons, and food, with a dead man with a wolf's head sitting on a throne wearing an iron crown".

Also:
"A blue-eyed king who casts no shadow raises a red sword in his hand."
- Great Other raising Lightbringer? Jon Snow resurrected raising Lightbringer?
To add to that Jon Snow had a dream in ADwD of fighting Others with a red sword in hand.

Last edited:
I just finished book 5. Can't believe what happened to my boy kevan lannister, The Stannis stuff is pretty good and who else thinks they know who robert strong really is?

Everyone assumes it is a reanimated Gregor. Look at all the people Qyburn has in the dungeons:

Osney Kettleblack Jalabhar Xho Bayard Norcross
Ser Tallad the Tall Hugh Clifton Hamish the Harper
Lambert Turnberry Mark Mullendore The Blue Bard.

There's 3 or 4 knights in there, I'm sure there are parts of everyone being used.

Back
Top Bottom