(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

350mmo6.jpg

28lx9pw.jpg

Yeah that scene was stupid. Just because Loras likes dudes doesn't mean he should automatically lock eyes with the other dude who likes to get speared and give him the dtf look. Plus like you said their families are not even friendly with each other.

I really don't remember The Red Viper being ayo at all in the books

It's weird to me lol

I kinda remember him being described as being down with both sexes. I've forgotten more in the books than i've remembered.

asdkjfakl;sjgklasjd;gkljsdgasdkl;jkl;sdjfkl;asjdfkl;jasdkl;fjskldjfklasjd;fklasdf

I think it was his brother's daughter who kept describing him that way. I don't think they mentioned too much about it in ASOS.

If you ever just wanna get a quick refresher on the books, you can check out awoiaf.org. They have chapter summaries for each book and it does a pretty decent job catching everything in each chapter.

I felt awful last night thinking I spoiled **** for people in the TV thread :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
At the end of the day, GRRM is the one who wrote this episode, so if he says Oberyn likes it both ways and that Loras was digging his Razor Ramon like machismo, then that's what it is.

Can't call it stupid when the man who wrote the source material in the first place is telling you this is how it is now.

Besides.  Just cuz our parents are beefing doesn't mean I won't try to take down some fresh cheeks if I have no personal stake in the quibble.

I didn't know he wrote it. Doesn't change the fact that scene was still weird to see. He also wrote the first 3/4 of ADWD and I didn't like that either. The last 1/4 saved it.

I didn't know he wrote it. Doesn't change the fact that scene was still weird to see. He also wrote the first 3/4 of ADWD and I didn't like that either. The last 1/4 saved it.

i mean none of the characters were really mentioned to be gay or lesbian. but the book kind of goes towards it a little. like indirectly letting us know

One of the visuals I would've liked to have seen on the show were the rainbow cloaks of Renly's Kingsguard. When I read that part, I was like oh ok.

laugh.gif
Nah, son, GRRM wrote that **** in '96-99. It was a different time and that **** was too on the button and tongue in cheek insensitive. Can't have Renly's kingsguard marching around in gay pride colors and front like you don't know what's going on. People would have had GRRM's head.

Might as well have given the Black sex pirate an afro, gold rope chain, and had him talking in medieval jive.

Last edited:
I really don't remember The Red Viper being ayo at all in the books

It's weird to me lol

It's def in there and stated explicitly during chapter 38,Tyrions chapter right when Oberyn is first introduced .

Tyrion mentions "His tourneys, his battles, his duels, his horses, his carnality . . . it was said that he bedded men and women both, and had begotten bastard girls all over Dorne."

Last edited:
I don't understand not liking parts of ADWD

I personally enjoyed learning more of the history & politics of essos and the martells.

Yea... Maybe Dany lingers in meereen for a while, but it's not my story.

Let GRRM be great

Plus Oberyn, just like everyone else, knows that Loras is a pillowbiter... Why wouldn't he want to sample the goods

Last edited:
Most of the book just wasn't an enjoyable read to me. I read each previous book in a few days but that one took me months to read. I'd read it inbetween classes or when I was in the library. The last few chapters were good, wish the rest of the book was the same.

Saw this on the other thread... :pimp:

LL

I hope they show a bit of something when they **** in front of Joffrey.

I don't think Lena is down to show anything on this show. She even said she's trying to convince them that she should be covered up during the famous walk she has to take. I hope she changes her mind.

I don't think Lena is down to show anything on this show. She even said she's trying to convince them that she should be covered up during the famous walk she has to take. I hope she changes her mind.

She was down in 300

In the very first episode of the show I think Cersei was supposed to show a little something but we got nada.

Just looked her up in the encyclopedia of nude scenes, mr skin. Last time she had one of those scenes was for a movie in 2008.

Last edited:

She said she won't do any nude scenes until the walk of penance.

Lena won't have to show anything, same with Emilia Clarke. These characters are LOCKED IN for the long haul. Changing any of the major characters now would be suicide for the show. The Daario change was bad enough

Back
Top Bottom