SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I thought the cartoon was going to be a new series but I guess it's going to be an animated movie?

Sony Pictures [emoji]10004[/emoji] @SonyPictures

.@PhilipLord and @ChrizMillr are bringing the Miles Morales story to the big screen in all-new animated stand-alone SPIDER-MAN feature.

Sony Pictures [emoji]10004[/emoji] @SonyPictures

Experience the upcoming stand-alone animated SPIDER-MAN feature, directed by Bob Persichetti and Peter Ramsey, in theaters 12/21/18. [emoji]128375[/emoji]️

Last edited:
Emma at the golden globes red carpet with blond hair
devil.gif

I would've flooded her vagina.
I'm happy to see the return of Zavage Zik.

Sony may sell Columbia Pictures and its tv division :nerd:

Other than Spidey and Bond I'm trying to figure out what valuable movie rights they own that they've ****** up.

They got some other potential franchises; Angry Birds, The Equalizer, Robocop, Hellboy, Zorro, Bad Boys, etc.

Even with just Bond and Spidey, looking at the last 3 decades they have released good movies. Probably could support a studio with that success and then aiming for awards. One other key problem I see is the huge gap in time between sequels. They haven't been capitalizing.

Focusing more on tv would help as well. Whether tthrough at station t.v., a streaming service, or a cable channel.

Whoever gets it should be smart enough to know you need to diversify and sexy yaself up with movies. Where's there quality supernatural magic movie? Space movie sci-fi or adventure? Fantasy? A legit action franchise that isn't Bond? More animation and stuff for children. Then Oscar bait. Of course the main thing is the right directors.

Last edited:
WB aint in the best place to do that :lol:

An acquistion like this has to significantly add not be a waste.

The Sony CEO is looking to raise the price on the sale by the end of this summer. Probably looking for north of 5 billion.

Rumors are CBS and Chinese investors are trying to acquire both.

Last edited:
Chinese investors are not joking around -- they got that long money and are trying hard to buy up non-Chinese assets.

Trust.

Last edited:
Invested in :lol:

Paramount still owns Star Trek.

Chinese been dipping their toe in Hollywood. Started investing with Rogue Nation, TMNT, and most recently Star Trek Beyond.

Outright copping Columbia pictures and Sony tv would be the move though.

Last edited:
Not sold on this joint yet....

from the trailers Im getting a super-juvenille tone, i'm not sure if the wise cracking/comedic relief is going to carry over for the 21+ year olds

+ sony still has stake in this movie.

Im hoping im wrong, but I was underwhelmed by the trailer...seemed very ASM-ish teeny bopper-eque to me....well see

Last edited:
If it's in their best interest it'll happen.

The draw is Bond more than anything. They won't shell out billions unless they can then be clear what else is in it for them. Looking through the movies they own/have the rights to there's not a lot of attractive stuff there but I ain't go further back than the 90a. Plus there could be other undeveloped stuff they have.

The other perk is Sony tv. Disney does not have a premium cable channel where they can air more riskier shows and they never bothered to try, preferring to just do the Netflix deal. Disney getting something like that would really change the game for them.

Back
Top Bottom