SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I'm just over young/teenage Parker. Still won't stop me from seeing it. It's Spidey and I support anything that involves him.

Do you think people will dismiss this 3rd rendition of Spiderman as they did Batman? I remember Batman Begins flew under the radar because people were exhausted of all the different Batmans and unaware of Christopher Nolan's brilliance.

Yes, we're excited because it's Spiderman as an MCU film, but I don't think the average movie-goer is aware of MCU vs non-MCU properties.
Spider-Man is not Batman in that he's had decades of movies to the point he could go under the radar.

Plus Marvel would never let that happen.

Besides I thought Begins was just okay so the reaction to it was just about right.

Tom Hardy cast as Venom

Idk why Sony is even doing this. Should have just given all the Spidey rights back Disney.

I never go to the movies but I'll be going to this one. Spider man is my favorite superhero

Idk why Sony is even doing this. Should have just given all the Spidey rights back Disney.

they still want bulk of the profits, the studio is struggling so they need this franchise

they maybe hoping that it'll fool the audience into thinking it is part of the MCU Spidey and it'll open big

they still want bulk of the profits, the studio is struggling so they need this franchise

they maybe hoping that it'll fool the audience into thinking it is part of the MCU Spidey and it'll open big
But can they really fool the audience if they have a different Spidey swinging around and no mention of anything in the MCU? 

Because Money. Spider-Man will continue to print money years and years from now

But can they really fool the audience if they have a different Spidey swinging around and no mention of anything in the MCU? 
We get new Spider-Man actors and reboots all the time

Tobey:2002-2007
Garfield:2012-2014
Holland: 2016-2018

Nobody cares if you replace him

Last edited:
I should be ecstatic. One of my favorite actors is gonna be portraying my favorite comic book villain.

But I have no faith in Sony and I have no doubts that they'll **** this up somehow

ITS OVER! IT'S OVER! ITS OVER!

INSTANT CLASSIC!

CLOSE THE DOORS!

THROW AWAY THE KEYS!

ITS A WRAP LADIES & GENTLEMAN! SERANS AND REYNOLDS!

THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG!

This is such a HUGE W for Sony that they could even get Tom Hardy. That alone changes my mind on damn near everything I expected from this movie.

Tom ******* Hardy is Venom. Shut just made my day.

Last edited:
Great get for Sony but a part of me still feels like they could still **** this up badly since only Sony is involved

Tom Hardy starring as Spider-Man's thematic and aesthetic archnemesis in a standalone film where Spider-Man does not exist

Aight

I think Holland is still their Spidey at the end of the day, it's probably in his contract where if Sony wants him in a film he has to do it.

Great get for Sony but a part of me still feels like they could still **** this up badly since only Sony is involved

Lets be honest though, ASM2 isn't a masterpiece but it isn't some garbage GL/F4 film, it was still good and the chemistry between Stone & Garfield was great and that ending pulls on the heart strings.

Sony just wanted it too make too much for their own good and once the hack happens, it seems like they were forced to join up with MCU.

But in the end, SOny makes decent to good and even great Spiderman films, SM3 is pretty much the only exception but even the demise of the SM4 wasn't that it was bad, it was just that everyone commanded too much for the next two following films. Keep in mind that Garfield got paid like $200k to star in ASM where I think Tobey was going to make like $20m for each 4th and 5th film and that's before Dunst and Raimi salaries which were also up there so Sony scrapped it.

I honestly do not remember ASM2 being widely hated as a film, I think many just soured because someone kept saying it's a masterpiece and just stopped being reasonable on why :lol:

Tom Hardy starring as Spider-Man's thematic and aesthetic archnemesis in a standalone film where Spider-Man does not exist

Aight
You guys are leaning on that crutch too much.

With Tom involved they basically reinventing Venom and making him a character with actual depth and none of that lame 80s and 90s schlock they produced cuz he was popular based solely on his image.

With Hardy involved you don't need Spider-Man in the first movie.

Idk... the symiote going to Spider-Man first is just something special.

That's how it acquires the powers.

Back
Top Bottom